CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is there something in place where MLG just couldn't come in and host halo 3 tournaments. Like all of the pros agree to go back to h3 (or h2, just a suggestion) until 343 does something about h5 settings. It would also show 343 that MLG should have a hand in the competitive scene.

Pro strike would be great but not enough of them will do it, unless you're Optic or Envy you are a tournament grinder and need the prize money from top 8 placings in pro league.

Good thought experiment but terrible irl risk/reward. Personally, i cant stand H3 when i try to go back to it. Every other game is fine but h3 is meh.

I tried halo 3 MCC version for the first time since MCC came out last week. It's not the same game at all, all the shot registration that was bad off-host in original h3 is just amplified to the max. If people went back to H3 it would have to be on 360 or if they release a backwards compatible version for x1.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is there something in place where MLG just couldn't come in and host halo 3 tournaments. Like all of the pros agree to go back to h3 (or h2, just a suggestion) until 343 does something about h5 settings. It would also show 343 that MLG should have a hand in the competitive scene.

Never going to happen. If they cared about investing on Halo, they would be hosting non-sanctioned Halo 5 tourneys already.

Truth is MLG is not the company it was 10 years ago, or even 5, they are now a top-tier TO with investors behind and owned by an even larger company, so I guess they cannot longer afford to host Halo tourneys without Micro$oft $$$ involved. Anyways, I think if MLG hosted its own non-sanctioned events, doesn't matter if it's H3 or H5, it would help the scene a lot, and yes they probably would lose money by venturing again, but that would help grow the scene.

• Upvote (+1) 1

so pretty much Naded, Svspector, El Town, and Commonly?

Switch Trippey in for Commonly. But I think this picture and the ALG owner commenting on it has me thinking they might pick them up.  

we the community would need to show a proof of concept first essentially, like hosting our own tournament(s) (maybe crowdfunded) and if lots of people come out and we can do it multiple times sustainably, we maaaay get some sponsors, which cracks open the door a little for TOs to start looking at halo 3 again. iirc this is how smash and other fighting games are still around

the problem is that prize pools will inevitably be way lower, at least at first, meaning the only incentive for people to play is their pure passion for the game. and honestly i don't think the halo community has the balls to go back to h3, not to mention all the logistical problems and the huge risk involved 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Never going to happen. If they cared about investing on Halo, they would be hosting non-sanctioned Halo 5 tourneys already.

Truth is MLG is not the company it was 10 years ago, or even 5, they are now a top-tier TO with investors behind and owned by an even larger company, so I guess they cannot longer afford to host Halo tourneys without Micro$oft $$$ involved. Anyways, I think if MLG hosted its own non-sanctioned events, doesn't matter if it's H3 or H5, it would help the scene a lot, and yes they probably would lose money by venturing again, but that would help grow the scene.

For some reason I thought that there was some rule made by 343 or Microsoft or something that made it impossible to run unsanctioned events. I was just using MLG as an example considering they are one of the biggest names.

And they would definitely need some big name sponsors if they were concerned about losing money.

If you're referring to MLG/Team Hardcore settings then as a player I agree.

However, in terms of spectating I find Halo 3 to be the best spectator Halo. The art was always colourful and pleasing and I found the medals to really add to the experience. Obviously 100% opinion, I just found Halo 3 to be very pleasing to watch.

I'm on the opposite. I watch old MLG footage and I can't bear to watch Halo 3. Art style was okay but felt too gritty for my tastes especially compared to CE. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm on the opposite. I watch old MLG footage and I can't bear to watch Halo 3. Art style was okay but felt too gritty for my tastes especially compared to CE.

H3 tourneys are boring compared to h2. Br battles are snoozefests. I also despise the death animations. It's like players disconnect rather than die.

H3's aiming is also worse than h1/h2. It's not as smooth at all

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

H2 >>>>>>>>>>>> H3 for 4v4.

@@Clap do you guys have the h2 mlg vods in higher quality than 480?

i would kill to have those, but i guess you prolly cant distribute them cause microsoft 

• Upvote (+1) 5

we the community would need to show a proof of concept first essentially, like hosting our own tournament(s) (maybe crowdfunded) and if lots of people come out and we can do it multiple times sustainably, we maaaay get some sponsors, which cracks open the door a little for TOs to start looking at halo 3 again. iirc this is how smash and other fighting games are still around

the problem is that prize pools will inevitably be way lower, at least at first, meaning the only incentive for people to play is their pure passion for the game. and honestly i don't think the halo community has the balls to go back to h3, not to mention all the logistical problems and the huge risk involved

People didn't want to go back to agl sized tourneys. They damn sure won't.go back to old systems
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People didn't want to go back to agl sized tourneys. They damn sure won't.go back to old systems

Xbox 360 is

El Town has got to get on the grind or something after his recent LAN performances

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you're referring to MLG/Team Hardcore settings then as a player I agree.

However, in terms of spectating I find Halo 3 to be the best spectator Halo. The art was always colourful and pleasing and I found the medals to really add to the experience. Obviously 100% opinion, I just found Halo 3 to be very pleasing to watch.

H3_MP_Guardian_Env4.jpg

I don't think anything in the series since Halo 3 looked better than this

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As of now, this is how it is shaping up:

Optic - Royal 2, SnakeBite, Frosty, Lethul

NV - Pistola, Mikwen, Snipedown, Huke

TL - Rayne, Penguin, Stellur, Eco

Str8 - Ace, APG, Heinz, Renegade

LG - Victory X, Ninja, Saiyan, (Need 1)

EG - Lunchbox, Roy, Contra, Ogre 2

CP - Cratos, Str8Sick, Danoxide, Spartan

-----

Splyce - Shooter, Bubu Dubu, Falcated, Shotzzy

Orgless - Naded, eL Town, Trippey, Suspector

Notable F/A  - Commonly, Ryanoob (??), Devonatror (??)

• Upvote (+1) 3