CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

honestly man from a stream standpoint I get your position but a lot of the problems this weekend we're really out of esl's hands. Especially on the first day where the entire venue went down. It wasn't a Halo issue it was a connectivity issue because the internet there was f*****. So call me Devil's Advocate fanboy or whatever but a lot of it was not their problem. A lot of the three for three guys we're even talking about how they're going to get roasted for things that are out of their hands. It was actually really hard to see that. Also I'm still using text to speech so forgive the awful literacy

Yeah, I think people are willing to accept that some of the issues are out of their hands.

But the thing is, they've burned through all of the goodwill they have. If this was a one off thing, people would say it sucked and then move on. But since... 2016 worlds? There have been similar issues with every single event. When combined with some of the underlying issues, it feels like it has simply become too much.

We had 93 teams this weekend, an amazing championship bracket, with OG going to losers and a new team absolutely killing it. This is on top of the first relegation in pro league history.

And all that people will talk about is that the event was a shit show.

(PS simms ESL doesn't deserve you buddy, you are an absolute gift to this community and I hope you know and realise this)

Also, I really believe, most of the issues we are having are due to the idiotic Xbox one design flaws and generally problematic operating. No to can run flawless H5 tournament on Xbox one and Esl have to propably swallow a lot of shit going out trough their throats due to contract they have with 343/Microsoft.

It's over? I thought finals weren't usually until like  Monday morning at like 1am? 

They were, it was Monday 2am for a lot of us  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Also, I really believe, most of the issues we are having are due to the idiotic Xbox one design flaws and generally problematic operating. No to can run flawless H5 tournament on Xbox one and Esl have to propably swallow a lot of shit going out trough their throats due to contract they have with 343/Microsoft.

MLG didn't run into any Xbox issues when they ran NA Regionals 2016

• Upvote (+1) 5

MLG didn't run into any Xbox issues when they ran NA Regionals 2016

Yeah, not arguing with that, they are another level, but I bet they would encounter some shit sooner or later (more sooner) if they were to operate Halo 5 at regular basis.

They were Monday 2am for a lot of us  :mj:

tell me about it... struggling this morning. Was on an 8am conf call; zoned out twice and had to use the "sorry, I was on mute" excuse..zzzzzzz

On top of that, my team lost - not that I can, or would, take anything away from Splyce; worthy champions without a doubt.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You have to hand it to them, at least they screw up in a consistent basis.

"We've learned a lot and will do better going forward."

Next tourney: "we didnt anticipate problems with the sound, headsets, servers, stream quality, or match schedule. How could we have known?"

• Upvote (+1) 8

Theres no doubt lack of LAN hurts us, doesn't make things easier for TOs and causes issues (pretty obvious if you ask me a lot of the slow/dragged out starts and down time between games is due to it at the very least) but lets not pretend they haven't had/continue to have a bunch of basic issues/problems that it has nothing to do with. These problems have existed from the get go, since ESL first got their hands on Halo.

He basically has free money in halo, he would have to fight for that money in CoD

Whether it's free money or not, the game fucking sucks and the competitive scene is tiny. Plus, I'm sure he actually just likes Call of Duty better. People do things because they enjoy them you know. Not to mention sponsorship money, a potential for a much larger YouTube audience if he chose to go that route along with professional competition, and much better tournaments. The Call of Duty scene and game just offers a lot more than Halo does for the kid, even if Halo "guarantees" him some cash. 

This blame on ESL for things that are out of their control is getting ridiculous. I was at the event, and I said to them, were you guys at fault with Dreamhack Halo's stream production? They said, absolutely not. We were not involved. They were very strong on it.

I then said to them again, in a totally different way, were you guys involved with the production. They said, we were not - absolutely not.

This is a top tier post that seemed to go underappreciated it. I applaud it Nav. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Terribly written, 0/10.

I dont get why he decided to abbreviate in this situation

• Upvote (+1) 7

Man, the gameplay this weekend was insane and I'm glad to see Splyce come out on top. Its always nice to have a fresh set of faces at the top.

I  have to give props to the pros and AMs for constantly giving us such entertaining matches. The gameplay is our saving grace right now, without it the constant problems would have killed Halo off by now.

Seriously go back and watch that SPY vs OG Coliseum flag game, its so good.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Still bummed that Optic didn't win it. I was thinking: What if Frosty didn't jump off the flag at the end? Maybe he could have reset it as he died. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

we got spammed

rrBME8E.gif

Couldn't some type of captcha during registration prevent such things from happening so often.

Still bummed that Optic didn't win it. I was thinking: What if Frosty didn't jump off the flag at the end? Maybe he could have reset it as he died. 

i think he was too low on health and the flag return wasnt as close as i thought.  even if he had stayed on flag, i doubt it wouldve helped

• Upvote (+1) 1

Couldn't some type of captcha during registration prevent such things from happening so often.

We actually have 2, and they were recently updated. It sucks for sure, but it does happen - we will work to improve on it. It could be a faulty ethernet cord, who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 4