CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The worst part about all this is they always feel like they do a good job after the event. They are all out celebrating right now. They think everyone here are "just haters", this is why we are in this position.

Drain the swamp after Fall season, start hiring people with actual credentials. I'm just copying and pasting posts from 2015 now. Make it stop.

EDIT: This post is regarding everyone but the casters btw.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/22/227eb7d2f82838715d9091ec784e949709fdb7c6d2fd44f09541d29234603e8a.jpg

Wise is close to being really good. Only lost in game 5s vs str8 and era in open, and beat era too. Had a tough bracket in champ. They should really try and convince victory to play with them. Or rammy

LG has struggled ever since they split with Victory X.

They struggled with him too. They placed the same and barely lost for top6

I think the next rostermaina is going to be insane.

You'd think Optic squad is safe, Splyce aswell but crazier things have happened.

Liquid and NV look miles off the pace.

Liquid took splyce to a close game 5, and choked vs nv. Theyre not miles off

Nv looked overmatched vs optic though

I got one of the cool HCS Pro League Dreamhack shirts they were giving away at the end there, but I didn't realize it was an extra large. Anyone have a medium/large size shirt to exchange?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The worst part about all this is they always feel like they do a good job after the event. They are all out celebrating right now. They think everyone here are "just haters", this is why we are in this position.

Drain the swamp after Fall season, start hiring people with actual credentials. I'm just copying and pasting posts from 2015 now. Make it stop.

It's really sad that just wanting a well run and smooth event can be seen as hating.

The constant problems that are never resolved is just laughable at this point. I'm sure the people involved are incredibly nice and I would never attack them personally. Unfortunately being nice doesn't butter any parsnips.

If I was in charge of this shit show I'd firstly expect to be out of a job by now, but secondly I'd be having as many meetings to try and figure out why these issues are constantly happening and what can be done to minimise the chance of them happening again.

Clap even offered to help without MLG having any involvement and as far as I'm aware that offer was never taken...I mean come on...

• Upvote (+1) 5

Have any other org owners (that were or are currently in the Halo scene) expressed public distaste towards the Halo scene?

Is it Rostermania time again??? Huke back to COD early??? Liquid making changes? Ninja retiring? Can't wait. 

2 Questions:

1. If Optic drops Halo who would you like to see pick up that roster?

2. Since Optic lost can I have my regular name back? 

CLG

Just so I can finally get those damn skins!

Is it Rostermania time again??? Huke back to COD early??? Liquid making changes? Ninja retiring? Can't wait. 

well he cant turn 18 early so....

• Upvote (+1) 7

I give a fuck, theres a difference.

From a personal stand point, thank you all for your continued support, you guys are the reason i can do what i do and why i do what i do.

It was literally a pleasure shaking your hand while you were travelling in between the backstage and casting. We didn't get to meme, but meeting the legendary memer in person was worth the 3 hour drive. Also s/o to the players who travelled across the pond and the other casters like @@Wonderboy and @@Gaskin who were great lads like expected. 

Going to Dreamhack Atlanta was an AMAZING experience. First time going to anything esports related and it really was great to see such a major turnout of attendees at the event. Hopefully this can prove that there NEEDS to be more events hosted on the east coast. Congratulations to Splyce for winning the tourney!! Even though I am a Optic fan, its still nice to watch some young guns prove their skills. They played phenomenally, bringing some crazy competition to Optic's high end gameplay.

The crowd at the event was lit. So many people showed up to support Halo and Esports in general.Sharing the hype when a clutch play happened was much better than watching it at home alone. It made viewing in person much better. There was also a lot of support for most of the teams, only Optic getting minimal support (Snipedown was right).I guess everyone wants them to lose , but I still had a blast watching. That last CTF match was crazy, everyone thought it was over and people was cheering prematurely. If only Optic won, it would have been even more of an amazing  comeback, but they still played great. To anyone who has the opportunity to attend, you should go. Viewing the matches in person is a much better experience than watching online. 

Sadly, that's the part that disappoints me the most. As much as people say this community complains about the state of Halo esports, the consistent production blunders is really unacceptable. I really don't understand how a company that can run a major CS:GO event almost flawlessly, still have so many problems with Halo at EVERY event. How can we still have servers crashing mid game, why isn't there LAN support?  When will we ever get a event that runs with few mistakes, with all of the important matches streamed, with no servers or game builds crashing, with no setup blunders? I have watched a lot of tourneys and their finals on twitch (Halo,Gears,COD,LOL,Smash,etc) and to see that these events rarely have problems, it's so disappointing to remember something going wrong at what seems like every Halo event. It's a good thing that the competition can keep some people interest in Halo alive, maybe til Halo 6 but we are on a tightrope. ESL/343 really need to work out all the kinks and fix them fast before Halo is only remembered for its glory days and world finals in a kids backyard. 

Btw, Shoutout to all the casters and production crew that has to suck it up and find a way to make the best of this situation at every tournament, especially Simms. 

Thank you for mirroring my thoughts so I don't have to type out a personal reflection. 

Only ting I have to add is that despite the problems (not apologizing just saying from my perspective) the ESL staff were extremely nice to me. I spent a good bit of time in the press room editing footage, interviewing players, and reading the forums and the people representing ESL/HCS were helpful the best they could be. 

Shame things happened the way they did. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

What have I missed?

CLG took an L from Splyce today

Technical difficulties

Big crowd at the event

People still want MLG back

Str8 Relegated

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Have any other org owners (that were or are currently in the Halo scene) expressed public distaste towards the Halo scene?

Hecz and Chinstinct (Connor from Allegiance) are the only two I know of.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm in my car watching the rebroadcast. First off I'd like to thank all of 343 and ESL for putting on a great event. We haven't had an event this successful and crazy and almost 7 years. But there's one thing I have to say. First of all I'm using text to speech so if there's any typos forgive me. One of my biggest pet peeves after world's 2016 was no crowd Mics. I'm almost in disbelief that this simple idea of having crowd noise during the stream is so overlooked. This crowd was insane and you can barely hear us. With at least 500 people in the crowd you could barely make out any crowd noise which is insane with how loud it was in there. So 3/4 three ESL please hear me out on this one we need crowd mics. Other than that it was one of the best events I've been to in a long time I've had so much fun meaning all my friends old and new at an incredibly awesome event. If this is the road Halo goes down from now on will have no issues at all. But all I ask is to please introduce crowd mics into the stream because it just kills the mood of the gameplay. Crowd noise is so important to a Halo stream it always has been and always will be. I hope to see you all in Denver because I plan on going and I really hope you hear me out when saying we need crowd Mike

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

honestly man from a stream standpoint I get your position but a lot of the problems this weekend we're really out of esl's hands. Especially on the first day where the entire venue went down. It wasn't a Halo issue it was a connectivity issue because the internet there was f*****. So call me Devil's Advocate fanboy or whatever but a lot of it was not their problem. A lot of the three for three guys we're even talking about how they're going to get roasted for things that are out of their hands. It was actually really hard to see that. Also I'm still using text to speech so forgive the awful literacy
  • Upvote (+1) 2

honestly man from a stream standpoint I get your position but a lot of the problems this weekend we're really out of esl's hands. Especially on the first day where the entire venue went down. It wasn't a Halo issue it was a connectivity issue because the internet there was f*****. So call me Devil's Advocate fanboy or whatever but a lot of it was not their problem. A lot of the three for three guys we're even talking about how they're going to get roasted for things that are out of their hands. It was actually really hard to see that. Also I'm still using text to speech so forgive the awful literacy

I definitely noticed a lot of overreactions on the forums but a lot of that is due to their bad track record of problems/issues that were in their hands. Still not great and that should change from our side but its understandable in a way.

Despite the production problems it was really cool seeing soo many teams and soo many people in the audience. Most of the pre event stuff was better than previous seasons. Just need to get production better (as usual) and we'll have an average but not disappointing online viewing experience.

Gfinity is going to be exciting since they already know how to do these things