CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

PASSION

I understand the Gears devs have passion for their game, but then shouldn't they have their own Gears thread? I mean, you could expand the forum that way. Discuss esports and stuff about their game there, I honestly don't come to this thread to read anything that isn't Halo or Halo-related (343 issues, pro player stuff, etc).

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Would extermination count? Never played it but I've heard good things.

Maybe, I think that gametype needs a hill or capture point that ends the match after a short bit. Just to gravitate the battle and negate what I assume is a "hide" heavy gametype. Although I think sprint is what puts an end to a round based gametype idea in halo tbh.

HWC 16 Worlds upgraded. Love it.

I'm putting a month of premium on either Echo Fox or eUnited picking them up. 

what...? you think tripppey is a better pick up than cratos?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gears manipulating followers with making chat follow only.

I fail to see a problem with it.  If you aren't invested enough to follow the channel, which is free, you probably dont need to be spamming the chat.  Its not like they put in in "sub only".

why is it that other devs and TOs are here more than ours?

Our Devs and TOs might look here but they dare not post.  They know that comp. halo is not where it should be and that we will actually ask them the hard questions that they don't have the stones to answer.

If GoW TOs actually read and implement something from the HCS thread on Team Beyond  I'll eat the flesh of a cow.

seems likely

Vegas cratos or World's cratos? Vegas no, worlds yes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

skill-wise its a push. we've seen cratos do really well and do really bad lately. he was on fire at vegas, but got carried by bubu fall relegation. worlds was rough too, but going against optic kills everyone's stat line

personality-wise tho? huge improvement

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait am I the only person on this forum who think Trippey is good?

Good=\= improvement I don't think tripppey is a bad player I don't think he's better than cratos at this time. I'll mock cr-8tos everytime it happens but he does do a lot of dirty work on the teams he's on.

• Upvote (+1) 3

C46aaWPVYAAC249.jpg

H3cz could use some cool merch like this

Cryptik the org tweeted see you at Daytona, and Ryan said he thinks they're still together. So I assume the same team is together

Wait am I the only person on this forum who think Trippey is good?

No, he's extremely good. He's just a slayer though. Which is a good thing on this squad

And he's def better than cratos that was at worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I fail to see a problem with it.  If you aren't invested enough to follow the channel, which is free, you probably dont need to be spamming the chat.  Its not like they put in in "sub only".

its also better than forcing facebook connect. a five minute follow mode cuts down the trolls without asking you to do more than watch and click a button

• Upvote (+1) 1

IF Cratos has a skill advantage over Trippey, its still not enough to compensate for his shitty attitude and undeserved ego. and I'm not sure Cratos is better than Trippey anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Hamy to LG maybe? I wouldn't mind seeing Contra to LG, though Im not sure about the personalities working together.

• Upvote (+1) 1

IF Cratos has a skill advantage over Trippey, its still not enough to compensate for his shitty attitude and undeserved ego. and I'm not sure Cratos is better than Trippey anyway.

In what sense does he have a shitty attitude towards his team? If anything he appears super loyal to teammates until he thinks you've crossed him then you're basically dead in his eyes. The external shit doesn't matter when you're teaming with him and most pros have ego issues, it comes with the territory.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really hope Commonly ends up on LG. So much chemistry already there, and similar play-style to El Town. 

Also, Cratos + Spartan on same team is going to be so easy to root against  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 7

There's a reason Cratos' teams generally finish above what the team's kill differential and 1v1 skill would suggest, and a lot of that is Cratos' support ability and contribution to team chemistry. In terms of Trippey, i think he's a good player, but from the streams I've watched of teams playing against him, his pistol isn't that great and he thrives on auto/cqc kills, which i have an automatic bias against.

• Upvote (+1) 3