CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

please have crowd mics please have crowd mics please have crowd mics please have crowd mics please have crowd mics please have crowd mics 

Sounds expensive.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll forgive rest of weekend if today goes well, stage looks amazing, crowds big, here's to a great evening of Halo (I'm UK).

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't understand why they're doing the TL match off stream when they can simply wait until EG/NV is over there's more then enough time to have all the matches on the mainstage.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So maybe I put my foot in my mouth a bit when it came to that tweet. But I asked him a question because I'm geniuinely curious about his statement and why that's his opinion. Was just trying to get clarification but in hindsight, Twitter isn't the best place to do that. I made a mistake and took the bait.

Please don't take my mistake and turn into a rallying cry why competitive Halo is not being supported. I'm just a game designer on a team of many talented people.

I don't think H3cz was trying to antagonize 343, but he's just genuinely concerned about how his Halo players feel about the scene. I'll go into more detail below but if you want a general idea of how the players have been feeling about the HCS ​then watch this time stamped portion of the OpTic podcast- https://youtu.be/h5tcoYBYWFE?t=3034.

1. The dialogue between 343 and the pro players is just saddening and from what I can observe, it seems like the pro's are in a constant battle with 343 to find some common ground. It seems like there HAS to be a change in settings after every season but the problem there is that pro players are put in a position where they are forced to play in settings that are non competitive. I think it's safe to say that the pro teams are satisfied with the current state of the competitive settings but please give them more respect during discussions. 

2. The marketing for HCS has been glaringly sub-par and this can primarily be seen through the lack of social media presence in the months leading up to an event. It does improve in the weeks and days leading up to an event but by that time it's just a bit too late and this can be seen through the viewership numbers on twitch and mixer. Having an internal discussion with your team at 343 as to how you can execute a long term plan that will build hype and make the community excited about an upcoming season or event would be a good start. 

3. I think the best course of action would be to start some conversations with every pro team's management in order to start a productive dialogue that can lead to better changes for the community and scene in general. If 343 can invite them to a summit, similar to what  took place last year with players, then that would be a great step forward to improving the league. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have never seen a pro player shit the bed as badly as Lunch just did.

missed 2 rockets with the kid in his face lol

You are going to hear the exact same thing echoed in this community for years. 

Frankly, the constant explaining, 10 page essays on how to improve, etc, has become an unnecessary chore.

If we still need to explain how Halo eSports (and the game in general really) can improve after years and years of driving it home... it does not exactly make me or really any Halo eSports fan optimistic for the future (understandably). 

fRaNkLy. 

• Upvote (+1) 2