CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Honestly, this is the most concerning tweet of them all - like you seriously can't see what the issue are? There's no helping them.

from 343's perspective, they've poured millions of dollars into the scene and have built up Halo as an esport (compared to where it was before), which is technically true.  I'm actually also curious as to what precisely Hecz is talking about

edit: lmao obviously the Halo esports scene has problems guys, I'm not defending 343, just trying to understand why Quinn would post that

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

This scene is virtually dead. It will survive based on the fact Microsoft/343 will continue to pour money into prize pools, but it is the equivalent of keeping a brain dead person hooked on life support.

Big orgs WILL leave, ESL will continue to run this game like a sideshow, and the HCS staff will continue to quote fake twitter viewers as growth in the scene.

I sometimes wish I didn't care because it would be so much easier to just walk away.

Same here, man. I kind of want this scene to die at this point, because then I could stop caring and wouldn't have to feel disappointed.

Shut the whole thing down. Get rid of everybody. No more Halo esports until Halo 6. Then do it right.

from 343's perspective, they've poured millions of dollars into the scene and have built up Halo as an esport (compared to where it was before), which is technically true.  I'm actually also curious as to what precisely Hecz is talking about

You can throw millions at Battleborn tournaments and get the same results, HCS has had fundamental issues since it's conception with those that lead and plan it. If you have the wrong people at the top, it's bound to happen.

You can throw millions at Battleborn tournaments and get the same results, HCS has had fundamental issues since it's conception with those that lead and plan it. If you have the wrong people at the top, it's bound to happen.

Man - I forgot about Battleborn. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man - I forgot about Battleborn. 

To be honest, not a lot of people still know Halo is a thing :mj:

In HEZC blog he says he met with the Halo team in Atlanta because they are not Happy with the league and the Halo league is trash. 5 min mark. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just an fyi - stream is delayed by 1 hour because h1z1 overran their slot last night and ate into our stage setup time.

Stream starts at 1:30 est!

it happens, today is going to be pretty quick anyways so it's not the end of the world

probably a better time slot tbh

Just an fyi - stream is delayed by 1 hour because h1z1 overran their slot last night and ate into our stage setup time.

Stream starts at 1:30 est!

May want to tell whoever runs the HCS twitter to tweet it out, just recently just said it was 12pm.

Just sent out a tweet on Beyond.

• Upvote (+1) 2

People asking what Hecz could be complaining about?

The man normally attends MLG COD/Gears events and deals with @@Clap or goes to Tier 1 CSGO tournaments.

He then came to this shitshow. Following the last shitshow he came to at Worlds.

He has seen what every single person this forum has, plus more.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I feel like maybe its worth seeing people like him tell it how it is. Around here we've known but a lot of people try to write this off as if we're just toxic and everything is actually okay when its not. We have the same recurring problems literally every single event with no improvement. I'm sorry but the whole "we're making changes based on feedback" thing is so tired and its obviously not cutting it. So when someone that's well known, important, and in the know says that things are trash hopefully that will turn someones head and cause something to actually happen

And the best thing is, he can say without being a dick.

Nothing he's said so far is anything I disagree with. I don't know everything behind the scenes but I do know results.

(And yes, there are ppl trying)

Papa Spartan > Cratos all day every day. 

This probably isn't the time to be asking this question, but with the state that 343 is in, do we really think them handing MLG a tournament would really help the scene? I know how much good MLG has done, but is the game past the point of saving? Just wondering on that one.