CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Cool to see hecz airing it out. I wish he'd go into detail beyond "they don't treat players well" or "they don't listen".

Put it ALL out there in the street so they can't gloss over it. And @ xbox bosses while you're at it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is there a way to see all the team rosters? Like rosters for Wise/ Gosu Crew ect?

Hecz vlog from today - "The halo scene is trash."

GOD DAMN.

https://youtu.be/vjuwLgetnTw?t=5m13s

I wish he wouldve spent more time on what he means by it being trash since most of his viewers may not follow halo. Also I'd love to see an entire vlog on what is wrong behind the scenes, who he has worked with, and what needs to be done. Its a conversation that deserves more than a minute in the middle of him visiting atl and needs to be made public so shit can get better (like we've been promised it will after every shitty event for 2 years)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Glad to see Hecz putting it out there. I mean, as a community we already knew well that it was out there, but the attention his tweets and vlogs get may help put some pressure on. It's been a massive disgrace for a few years now, strictly talking about how the pro scene is handled, let alone the actual game(s). 

As a break from my usual pessimism, @@TheSimms and @@Moses_FPS put a lot of effort into doing whatever they can to help the scene. You guys should be commended somewhere for that. Great job both of you guys, no matter how shitty the production or tournament or scene is, you guys are always doing what you can to make it the best you can.

• Upvote (+1) 9

This tournament was DOA after that disaster on Friday. No reason to care after the relegation matches. Just another ESL failure event.

Glad to see Hecz putting it out there. I mean, as a community we already knew well that it was out there, but the attention his tweets and vlogs get may help put some pressure on. It's been a massive disgrace for a few years now, strictly talking about how the pro scene is handled, let alone the actual game(s). 

As a break from my usual pessimism, @@TheSimms and @@Moses_FPS put a lot of effort into doing whatever they can to help the scene. You guys should be commended somewhere for that. Great job both of you guys, no matter how shitty the production or tournament or scene is, you guys are always doing what you can to make it the best you can.

I feel like maybe its worth seeing people like him tell it how it is. Around here we've known but a lot of people try to write this off as if we're just toxic and everything is actually okay when its not. We have the same recurring problems literally every single event with no improvement. I'm sorry but the whole "we're making changes based on feedback" thing is so tired and its obviously not cutting it. So when someone that's well known, important, and in the know says that things are trash hopefully that will turn someones head and cause something to actually happen

• Upvote (+1) 1

While that stage does look sick, it still does nothing for me in wanting to watch :/ 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm starting to notice that there are no ESL logos anywhere at this event. Like where the pro league sponsors are or anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's almost as if I was right to be outraged by all the missteps by ESL and 343 Industries because I saw the direction things were going. 

But just remember, my month long absence from Twitter and the forums leading up to Dreamhack was the reason no one continued to post here.

Stay toxic, boys. 

• Upvote (+1) 12
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I guess I'm confused by the whole relegation thing.

I saw OS beat Str8, so I get that Str8 is out of pro league.  But then didn't Era beat Ronin last night? Shouldn't they be out since they were outplaced? Then Era knocked out OS... So they took out and outplaced the top AM team (newest pro league team) and Ronin but they don't get a pro league spot?

I personally think it would be a better system just to reward the top 8 teams from the season finals tournament with pro league spots for the following season.

• Upvote (+1) 2

OG 4-2 Splyce

EG 4-3 nV

TL 4-1 eRa

TL 4-2 EG

TL 4-3 OG

OG 4-0 TL

@@TheSimms is it possible to start the stream early to work out any stream issues and go over off stream results and relegation results? I dont know if stream set up had to move with main stage but it might be nice to do an early run through with the xboxs and player cams if possible

I saw OS beat Str8, so I get that Str8 is out of pro league. But then didn't Era beat Ronin last night? Shouldn't they be out since they were outplaced? Then Era knocked out OS... So they took out and outplaced the top AM team (newest pro league team) and Ronin but they don't get a pro league spot?

I personally think it would be a better system just to reward the top 8 teams from the season finals tournament with pro league spots for the following season.

Theres nothing confusing. The open bracket was separate from the champ bracket. Ronin already qualified by beating era and oxygen.

I saw OS beat Str8, so I get that Str8 is out of pro league.  But then didn't Era beat Ronin last night? Shouldn't they be out since they were outplaced? Then Era knocked out OS... So they took out and outplaced the top AM team (newest pro league team) and Ronin but they don't get a pro league spot?

Relegation was played out in the open bracket. They played it until winners finals, and then the two teams in it (OS & eRa) were split to play the two pro league teams that were in relegation. Ronin beat eRa and OS beat Str8 --> winners finals OS vs Ronin which Ronin won to secure the first pro league spot and 11th seed in champ bracket.

After that the open losers bracket just got played out in which OS won, getting the second pro seed and 12th seed for the champ bracket. At this point relegation was over.

Seeds 13-16 were filled from the rest of the open bracket (including eRa) and they just made a better run in champ bracket ;)

Making 7/8 place pro league for next season would not have worked in this tourney because it was possible for EU teams to place top 8.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I saw OS beat Str8, so I get that Str8 is out of pro league. But then didn't Era beat Ronin last night? Shouldn't they be out since they were outplaced? Then Era knocked out OS... So they took out and outplaced the top AM team (newest pro league team) and Ronin but they don't get a pro league spot?

Relegation happened when Open Bracket's top 6 teams were decided. The 2 Am teams that made it to Open Winners Semis + 2 Relegation Pro teams + 2 teams left in Open Losers were part of the relegation tournament.

Open Winners Finals and Open Losers Finals determined who made it into Pro League.

Then, a separate 16 team tournament, Dreamhack Atlanta Championship Bracket, began.

OG 4-2 Splyce

EG 4-3 nV

TL 4-1 eRa

TL 4-2 EG

TL 4-3 OG

OG 4-0 TL

Mate I'm a big EG fan but they will not beat NV. Come on.