CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hecz going in and is 50% WRONG. Gears is dying at an exponential rate. Still can't believe that OG is sticking it out. 

he probably is being treated with "respect"

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think hecz is lying now. I remember watching optic ashes(coach for the gears team) saying GOW is going downhill. 6 orgs have left and viewer ship isn't going up that much. It has better production and all that..but no way its beating halo.

I think hecz is lying now. I remember watching optic ashes(coach for the gears team) saying GOW is going downhill. 6 orgs have left and viewer ship isn't going up that much. It has better production and all that..but no way its beating halo.

He was referring to the way the 343/ESL treats the teams more than the viewership

Gears is less popular, but at least the support for the scene is better, which makes him enjoy working with Gears more in comparison

• Upvote (+1) 2

Disney fixed Star Wars movies

Warner Bros fixed DC movies

Toei Animation fixed Dragon Ball Super

One day 343 will finally figure out their problems and turn Halo around and put it in the right direction. Goddamn it I BELIEVE

one day... :(

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If nothing changed coming out of worlds have have 100% confidence that the people running this wont change anything because of dreamhack. It'll be the same half assed production, amateur mistakes, and recycled excuses we've always had

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's not talking about viewership or overall growth he's talking about how 343/ESL treat the players/organizations involved in the scene and actually listen to them gears is light years ahead of us in that aspect.

343 on the other hand it's basically like talking to a brick wall.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is legit saddening Hecz don't ever leave please.  :mj:  

Optic could leave the scene and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. There is no "Optic juice" for Halo. Optic is an org for 13 year old COD players and their imaginary friends. When the new COD tanks, and Rocket League and Overwatch continue to grow, you will still see the OG fanboys out there in full force because that shallow, generic, and paltry gameplay is all they have. These little OG kiddies love their branded Briskmate, shitty Turtle Beaches, and the Turtle Wax for their rusted trucks. OG fans are like the redneck cousins you see at a family reunion. More step dads than teeth, and more empty Axe deodorant cans than bills in their wallets. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Disney fixed Star Wars movies

Warner Bros fixed DC movies

Toei Animation fixed Dragon Ball Super

One day 343 will finally figure out their problems and turn Halo around and put it in the right direction. Goddamn it I BELIEVE

one day... :(

1. Disney didn't fix Star Wars. They made it more generic.

2. Jury is out on DC being fixed.

3. I'll take your word on it.

And yes, hopefully Halo gets better from here on out. Your belief is noble.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im bummed I didnt get to see any EG match on stream, but so happy they won their series. LFG!

My thoughts on the format for ATL:

Bo3 is bad. I understand using it in a pinch when there are time limitations, as there were this weekend, but designing the bracket better can cut down the number of matches played and allow more Bo5s. Also favor Bo5 in losers where possible, I'd like to never see another team get eliminated in a Bo3 again.

Actually make the relegation teams play through the open bracket. This improves the bracket by cutting the number of rounds (each round adds down time and more matches) and helps make seeds meaningful. Just make them seeds 1 and 2 with no extra byes and play until you have 2 teams left and they are the new pros. Turnover in the 7/8 teams keeps the bottom pro teams motivated and helps push new AM talent to the top.

Only invite the top 2 EU teams, if any. I personally like having international teams, but it does take away champ bracket spots from deserving NA teams. The 4th best EU team isn't making it out of open in NA, but they automatically get a better placing than some better AM teams (I'd estimate there are 4 teams outside of T16 that would beat them in a series).

Don't seed EU teams 7-10. This is self explanatory. (I originally thought placing them in open might be a good idea but it's unlikely, and would put EU teams into what amounts to an NA relegation tournament). I would give the two new pro teams (top 2 from open) the 7/8 seeds and place the EU teams 9/10, then the remaining 6 spots go to the 3-8 open teams, seeded by their open placing, then by points.

We need individual seeding for AM teams, or looser restrictions on team changes. Literally half of the AM teams in the relegation tournament went into open with no seed and this hurt the accuracy of open bracket results almost as much bo3s did. I'd suggest instead of a team losing all their points for changing more than one player, they receive a penalty (Maybe a quarter of their points). Something like this will allow am teams the roster flexibly they need to put together the best possible lineups. We should reward roster stability, but no team should be making the choice between a roster they are comfortable with or a chance to get knocked into losers early (and probably bracket bust a few teams there in turn). In an ideal world we have something like CSR/Elo for HCS seeds, but this would be a step in the right direction.

Had fun, but we can always to better. Sad I won't make it out the Denver.

Edit: Can someone tag Timo/Tashi? Can't figure tagging on mobile out.

@@Timo @@Tashi

• Upvote (+1) 5

A bunch of justifications for Era's wins given that I'm salty about it lol:

1) Both teams they beat had just made it out of relegation and suffered emotional letdowns.

2) After losing to Str8 in relegations, they started playing more relaxed. Sabinater had his first event and was playing pretty scared during relegation portion. Potential improved teamwork through the day as well.

3) Everyone hates losing to Cratos making chokes more frequent. Sort of like H2A reality check vs noble black.

4) Commonly carried and is the best "AM" right now.

5) Deep down everyone knows Cratos isn't as bad a halo player as we all make him out to be.

1. Don't really get emotional let down

2. Agree

3. Not a thing, at that level you just play I don't THINK too many nerves go into it with particular players since we all know eachother pretty well

4. 10000000000%

5. Can say I agree after teaming with him briefly, and I think I was the biggest non cratos believer of em all

• Upvote (+1) 6

Optic could leave the scene and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. There is no "Optic juice" for Halo. Optic is an org for 13 year old COD players and their imaginary friends. When the new COD tanks, and Rocket League and Overwatch continue to grow, you will still see the OG fanboys out there in full force because that shallow, generic, and paltry gameplay is all they have. These little OG kiddies love their branded Briskmate, shitty Turtle Beaches, and the Turtle Wax for their rusted trucks. OG fans are like the redneck cousins you see at a family reunion. More step dads than teeth, and more empty Axe deodorant cans than bills in their wallets. 

When was the last time you looked in the mirror?

• Upvote (+1) 2