CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Holy shit, there's a name I haven't seen in a LONG time. What's up dude? I was "He Who Remains" on the MLG forums.

Oh you know. Still lurking and surface for a breath of air once and a while. That was ages ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh you know. Still lurking and surface for a breath of air once and a while. That was ages ago.

Yeah it was. I remember really diggin' your posts back in the day, and I'm pretty sure we used to party up too. Anyways, hope to see you around more dude.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what have we learned? Commonly wasn't the problem, Liquid is overrated, and Ninja should probably retire. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

So what have we learned? Commonly wasn't the problem, Liquid is overrated, and Ninja should probably retire. 

Liquid only dropped games to Splyce though in a 5 game series...

• Upvote (+1) 1

i still dont get why the stream cuts off while games for top 6 are going on. i know they can't stream them for whatever reason, but have someone on the desk with the other casters at the games reporting in or something. era just beat romin and no one got to watch it. eg just got top 6. the ineptitude is staggering and the fact we are stuck with esl kills me

• Upvote (+1) 3

i still dont get why the stream cuts off while games for top 6 are going on. i know they can't stream them for whatever reason, but have someone on the desk with the other casters at the games reporting in or something. era just beat romin and no one got to watch it. eg just got top 6. the ineptitude is staggering and the fact we are stuck with esl kills me

Tashi tweeted that the games will be played over at the Dota stage tomorrow so they probably needed to shut the stream down to start moving everything over. Had there not been internet issues on Friday they would have already finished all the games.

Doesn't excuse all the other issues though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And eRa 3-0s Ronin. What a wild bracket today

What's funny is that the pay jump from top 8 to top 6 is probably more than Ronin will make from the Fall proleague

A bunch of justifications for Era's wins given that I'm salty about it lol:

1) Both teams they beat had just made it out of relegation and suffered emotional letdowns.

2) After losing to Str8 in relegations, they started playing more relaxed. Sabinater had his first event and was playing pretty scared during relegation portion. Potential improved teamwork through the day as well.

3) Everyone hates losing to Cratos making chokes more frequent. Sort of like H2A reality check vs noble black.

4) Commonly carried and is the best "AM" right now.

5) Deep down everyone knows Cratos isn't as bad a halo player as we all make him out to be.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Ogre 2 just RTed like 10 different Tweets directed at EG that dogged picking up Tapping Buttons. Pretty clear Ogre 2 is very confident with that pickup after tonight.

Those are from TDK, he used to coach some decently notable teams. I think he coached Crimsix for his highest Halo placing with Twylight and 2 others.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Those are from TDK, he used to coach some decently notable teams. I think he coached Crimsix for his highest Halo placing with Twylight and 2 others.

Oh, I didn't even know who that guy was specifically. I think he was before my time of really getting involved.  He did also RT like 10 other people who questioned the pickup, also, though.

A bunch of justifications for Era's wins given that I'm salty about it lol:

1) Both teams they beat had just made it out of relegation and suffered emotional letdowns.

2) After losing to Str8 in relegations, they started playing more relaxed. Sabinater had his first event and was playing pretty scared during relegation portion. Potential improved teamwork through the day as well.

3) Everyone hates losing to Cratos making chokes more frequent. Sort of like H2A reality check vs noble black.

4) Commonly carried and is the best "AM" right now.

5) Deep down everyone knows Cratos isn't as bad a halo player as we all make him out to be.

I think that OS was relaxed after making Pro League. That was their biggest Goal

I took a nap earlier today, so I just watched the VOD. Here are my thoughts on today's events:

1) Being able to skip ahead through downtime is fantastic.

2) Congrats to Oxygen. I've been a huge Ryanoob fan since WARRRIORRSSS so it's really cool to see shit start to go his way in H5.

3) The Stellur running riot was some of the best Halo 5 I've seen played.

4) NV looked really strong in their series against Oxygen. Ola always makes me smile.

5) Thank god ESL added Splyce/Liquid and NV/Optic to be streamed, but why weren't they going to be streamed in the first place? Did Simms just misspeak? ESL by no means is the best TO, but I have a feeling that the devkits/lack of true LAN is the reason for so much delays and makes ESL's job a hell of a lot harder than it needs to be.

6) It's crazy how good Shottzy is. The kid is all over the place, and I mean that in a good way. Also, great resiliency by Liquid to make the series interesting, but Splyce did well to close out the series.

7) I wish someone loved me as much as Walshy loves Michigan. On a serious note, Walshy/Elamite is a great combo

8) Snakebite almost threw on coli slayer, but then he remembered he's Snakebite and he clutched up so hard. Plaza SH was a bloodbath. Optic look like they're gonna be tough to beat.

9) I enjoyed today a lot more than yesterday.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think this is very true. Cratos is definitely not the best, or even deserving imo to be on a top 5ish team, but he is 100% deserving of being somewhere between 6-10. It just depends on his teammates. There is a reason people that are good team with him. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What are the top 8 standings after today?

Optic vs splyce for top2

Liquid vs era and nv vs eg for top4

Ronin/lg

https://twitter.com/JJosbe/status/888955691045617668

I think that OS was relaxed after making Pro League. That was their biggest Goal

They were up 2-0 though. If you watched dastroyed in game 5, it was the opposite of relaxed. Little did he know you cant get into cratos head with trash talking. It only makes him stronger.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Little did he know you cant get into cratos head with trash talking. It only makes him stronger.

Haha his teams are so fucking momentum based it's crazy; as much as I dislike (hate) the scummy stuff he's pulled, I couldn't help but feel happy for the guy after he beat the team that dropped him and reverse sweeped OS into top 12. He's a nicer guy in person, and he makes conversation with a lot of the AMs.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2