CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

eRa drops OS winning game 5 5-45 w/ the reverse sweep. Wow

• Upvote (+1) 1

So one of the big storylines of Josbe coming from Mexico and the new EG is probably not going to be on stream ?.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Man I am so mad about this tournament. Not because the gameplay's not amazing (it is) and not because of the Comcast issues (F* that but not ESL's fault) but because for the "biggest open event in HCS history" we only get to see a tiny fraction of matches on mainstage. Like ~8 of the 93 teams that attended. No B stream, main stage isn't set up to stream the side stations, and the casters don't even mention the LB matches or what's happening off stage. Just sad to see so little exposure. I hope the viewing experience is better for people at the event, because I'm 'watching' by mashing refresh on Twitter.

I still think the UGC tournaments were the best we've seen. Fixed issues promptly, had awesome Red/Blue streams with player POVs and game coms plus main stream and B stream, and tourneys both ran smoothly. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

https://twitter.com/RyanTowey/status/888950182120914944

its like luminosity is capped at top 8. i dont see trippey and saiyen sticking around

Fwiw, saiyan had full camo and full snipe towards the end of the game, and did nothing with it. Ended up taking a bad shot basement door to rafters, gave away his position, then had to jump it off the map as eg pushed from barrels. Really cost them
  • Upvote (+1) 6

As much as i like Ninja and the brand that he's built, the unfortunate reality of his career is that he will probably never be considered an elite Halo player. To his credit he has managed to stay on top 8 teams for quite a while now but i just can't see any team he's on getting a top 4 placing at an event. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Man I am so mad about this tournament. Not because the gameplay's not amazing (it is) and not because of the Comcast issues (F* that but not ESL's fault) but because for the "biggest open event in HCS history" we only get to see a tiny fraction of matches on mainstage. Like ~8 of the 93 teams that attended. No B stream, main stage isn't set up to stream the side stations, and the casters don't even mention the LB matches or what's happening off stage. Just sad to see so little exposure. I hope the viewing experience is better for people at the event, because I'm 'watching' by mashing refresh on Twitter.

I still think the UGC tournaments were the best we've seen. Fixed issues promptly, had awesome Red/Blue streams with player POVs and game coms plus main stream and B stream, and tourneys both ran smoothly. 

Holy shit, there's a name I haven't seen in a LONG time. What's up dude? I was "He Who Remains" on the MLG forums.

its like luminosity is capped at top 8. i dont see trippey and saiyen sticking around

If Trippey and Saiyan leave then I don't see any way Ninja sticks this out until Denver. He is literally throwing away time and $$$$ by playing Halo. A year of him streaming games that people watch has made him more money than he has in career earnings for Halo. Plus, he is about to one of the biggest Destiny 2 streamers out. It makes little financial sense for him to continue wasting his time on a dead franchise. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1