CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

He made a questionable decision. Give it a rest man.

no one told ninja that halo had a separate internet with comcast that would be out for 6 hours while h1 progressed and that it would take so long to get through 2 series. its one think to expect some delays but this is a whole new world of issues

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fucking ESL. That match had ZERO legitimacy. 

I'm sorry, Ryan, it's not your fault the tournament is being horribly run. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rules need to be put in place/enforced when players just quit the game, that just screwed OS

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you mean?

They had to give up the flag cap and kill camo in their base or they risk getting double capped.

It was the right play.

they could have gone top mid and shot the same people and have map control and potentially stop the flag

they could have gone top mid and shot the same people and have map control and potentially stop the flag

then the guy in their base can pull the flag again. It's not worth the risk.

You really should be playing with one of the top teams with advanced in-game knowledge like that

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey guys, I just got to dreamhack ATL. Don't know anything about the event, haven't even read the posts above me. What's it been like so far? If there's anything you guys want me to look out for/report, just let me know!

• Upvote (+1) 1

As a fan who's subbed to ninja for 2 years (not all consecutively, but 24 months total) and still watches his stream a few times a week, he's really hurting both his teams. Yes, yes I know the "Ninja plays too much H1Z1" narrative was proven wrong in the past, but it's different now. All of the top teams and players play this game a ton more than him. He has only played H1Z1 for the past few weeks while all the top teams in that game have been scrimming for 3-6 months multiple times a week while still playing the game hours and hours every day. 

I don't think it's fair to his teammates in EITHER game to hold them back the way he is. I love the guy, he's an amazing streamer and does a fantastic job at promoting everything that he plays and all of his sponsors/orgs. The top players in esports these days though commit all their time to one game and excel at it. I couldn't in good conscience devote as little time to those two games as him and feel OK about it simply because it's a team game. He's essentially holding them back from higher placings in both games but won't step down and let them try to do better.

With all of that said above, I considered streaming PUBG his job, while others have jobs outside and do them. I would like everyone to notice I did not say he shouldn't stream pubg while he competes, I said he doesn't devote enough time to the 2 games he competes in. LG would obviously still keep him on as a streamer. I know he loves to compete, but if he wants to compete, he needs to put as much time into whatever game he wants to compete in as the rest of the top players in that esport. It's unfair to his teammates.

If he wants to compete in PUBG/H1Z1 solos, that would obviously be completely acceptable. I just don't understand how one can do that to your teammates and feel OK about it. 

Still love the guy though.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So did Ronin actually quit out of that first game?

No, none of the 8 players have the ability to quit or end the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No, they didn't quit out of the game. They literally cannot do so by themselves.

I am pissed off, though. Halo 5 seems to be hugely momentum based, but that quickly becomes a bad thing when bullshit like this happens. OS were robbed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Theyre not streaming wise vs str8 :walshy:

No instead we get to watch two EU teams that will be murdered next round by Optic  :apg:

Going on 5 hours without a bracket. They aren't even showing one on stream. I'm convinced no one is actually keeping up with the bracket and they're just playing teams at random now.

• Upvote (+1) 5