CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

T2 claimed audio issues for game 1 of OS vs Str8 and nothing was ended yet this game was? There NEEDS to be consistency. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

So is this the relegation tourney? Why are the brackets not updated and where can I find the relegation brackets? WTF is going on.

Side note: Hate Spartan for his off game antics but in game he carries the fuck out of Ronin and is a underrated player in this game. Gives Contra a run for best shot in the game. Love watching him play.

• Upvote (+1) 3

According to his twitter, they have to tell a ref first, then the ref gets the admin team to end it. Whole process takes a couple minutes.

Supposedly.

That doesn't make any sense. If the ref can't just outright end the game why isn't the admin team sitting where he is. Hes redundant.

Also if Ronin actually just ended the game without being told they should forfeit that game. That would be next level stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Spartan got scolded, not ESL stopped the match, seems like Ronin did, in a moment where it was an almost guaranteed cap for OS

wait did Ronin actually end it? If so it should start 2-1 oxygen.

Spartan got scolded, not ESL stopped the match, seems like Ronin did, in a moment where it was an almost guaranteed cap for OS

If Ronin stopped the game then they should forfeit it, it's not their decision to make. No matter how shitty their situation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How does the earbud thing actually work?

What comes out of the headset and what comes out of the ear buds?

I would assume you're speaking through the headset and hearing through the earbuds and the headset is just helping block out some noise. Seems really pointless to me at best and uncomfortable at worst. If they're trying to split the audio between headset/earbuds they're actually going crazy.

How does the earbud thing actually work?

What comes out of the headset and what comes out of the ear buds?

All audio comes through earbuds, the mics are used on the astros for comms.

That doesn't make any sense. If the ref can't just outright end the game why isn't the admin team sitting where he is. Hes redundant.

Also if Ronin actually just ended the game without being told they should forfeit that game. That would be next level stupid.

It's because of how the Dev Kits work, it's all controlled from the back so none of the players are actually able to start or end a game themselves. The build starts and ends when the computer linked to all of the Xboxes tells it to. So the ref is the intermediary between the players and the admin, I guess, as it probably isn't practical to have the admin sat on the stage.

Still a shitty thing to happen though. I really want OS to win, I was literally on the edge of my seat.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's because of how the Dev Kits work, it's all controlled from the back so none of the players are actually able to start or end a game themselves. The build starts and ends when the computer linked to all of the Xboxes tells it to. So the ref is the intermediary between the players and the admin, I guess.

Still a shitty thing to happen though. I really want OS to win, I was literally on the edge of my seat.

Its crazy how bad the devkit thing is for our tournaments. Nothing ever works right lol

Its crazy how bad the devkit thing is for our tournaments. Nothing ever works right lol

Yup. It's massively more technical than it should need to be - used to be just a matter of having enough Ethernet cables :/

It's because of how the Dev Kits work, it's all controlled from the back so none of the players are actually able to start or end a game themselves. The build starts and ends when the computer linked to all of the Xboxes tells it to. So the ref is the intermediary between the players and the admin, I guess, as it probably isn't practical to have the admin sat on the stage.

wtf ok, so why did Spartan got scolded? 

Man the xbox is such a stupid console, can we please move over to PC and get real LAN?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Man the xbox is such a stupid console, can we please move over to PC and get real LAN?

sources say h5 PC with controller is amazing. they should absolutely get on that

sources say h5 PC with controller is amazing. they should absolutely get on that

It is, I still don't get why we aren't playing on this for competitive purposes? Hopefully Halo 6 has full PC support

it would be sick if these streams could get any sort of momentum with viewership instead of needing to stop everytime viewership starts to rise.  like this is a disservice to what this game could potentially be

• Upvote (+1) 9

The countdown timer just fed into a "Stay Tuned" screen .If you can't go live after the timers counts down then don't put a timer up in the first place!

• Upvote (+1) 5

How long does it take to swap out a mixamp or some cables? Grab one from one of the other stations not in use. 10 minutes of casters not saying why the game was stopped, followed by a 6 minute countdown, then the be right back graphic with no times? Fuck off. Throw them on the featured station and let them finish this shit. Honestly feels like every event has more problems than the previous one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It is, I still don't get why we aren't playing on this for competitive purposes? Hopefully Halo 6 has full PC support

Microsoft has said that moving forward all their first party games will be play anywhere titles so Halo 6 will be on PC too.