CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can someone explain why the breaks are so long? I understand that they want to set storylines up, but people have been waiting for hours and now we're stuck watching the desk. I love all 3 of the guys on the desk atm, but this isn't interesting, not is it acceptable after hours of downtime.

I know it's not their fault. But please, show some respect for your fans. The teams showed up. They did what they needed to and they've been let down by ESL.

How is the acceptable in any way? If this was a different industry the supplier would be cut off as unreliable/not high enough quality.

they restart the xboxes inbetween games and it takes forever

• Upvote (+1) 2

Only takes ~45 seconds.

Normally the complaints in this thread are overblown, but I have to say, this is legitimately ****ed up.  I sincerely feel bad for the teams that drove 1000 miles or booked flights months ago, to have to deal with this 

• Upvote (+1) 2

audio/sound/gfx/game looking all good guys?

Switcher with webcams and pips/nameplates should be ago tomorrow barring no issues.

• Upvote (+1) 3

In a sense. The way the dev kits work is weird. 

They've got eight dev kits setup and a laptop to control all of them. They setup a game on the laptop (so they'll choose Truth Slayer) and then the game will open Halo 5 and automatically load everyone into the match on the right teams and start the game. Once the game is over, they'll linger on the stats screen for a few mins while the casters analyse, then all eight dev kits will quit the build and then repeat the cycle.

We just need a console with proper LAN support (this is an OS thing, Gears 4 still uses fake LAN) so we don't have to deal with this.

EDIT: Thinking again, there's probably a ninth dev kit involved for the observer too.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Switcher with webcams and pips/nameplates should be ago tomorrow barring no issues.

All good m8.

Please communicate that changing PoVs after every death is unnecessary.  

All good m8.

Please communicate that changing PoVs after every death is unnecessary.

One day we will have a dedicated observer, one day.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Alright boys. I'm home from work, got my happy juice, and the stream is up. Let's have us an evening!

bl9RK0i.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 9

@ I like your commentary style. You also make Side better caster. Keep doing what you do, don't be afraid to take over. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

One day we will have a dedicated observer, one day.

I thought the reason we didn't is because the casters didn't want it? At least that was the case with HCS OC, we had a dedicated observer ready.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just wanted to pop in. Haven't been on the forums in a long time. Was watching a friend compete in rocket league at dreamhack when the stream went down. I'm guessing Halo is having similar issues so I just wanted to let everybody know it's not just Halo this time, it's the whole venue. But once again this is just a lack of LAN that's the issue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the amount of teams participating, there's WAY too much analysis, commentary, commercials and overall down time, but hey, at least we get to see any game play at all! I'm not sure why i expected anything more from 343 and ESL. I honestly can't think of any other industry, company or job that would tolerate such incompetence every single time. Is there any accountability at all or does no one care? One thing I know for sure is that I would be fired from my job in a second if I consistently under performed.  

I thought the reason we didn't is because the casters didn't want it? At least that was the case with HCS OC, we had a dedicated observer ready.

First ive heard of it, it should absaloutely happen imo. The thing is finding some one who knows halo and what casters/community want to actually see.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I was talking about the dev kits.

for real? i had bad info sry, idk why it takes so long then... lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey man, I am here at the event and my biggest complaint (outside the obvious) is that the CSGO station is completely drowning out our main stage. Standing in front and cannot hear a thing.

Hey man, I am here at the event and my biggest complaint (outside the obvious) is that the CSGO station is completely drowning out our main stage. Standing in front and cannot hear a thing.

Understood, dota turned down for us so ill ask csgo now.
  • Upvote (+1) 2