CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wait, I thought Dreamhack and ESL were the same thing?

You are actually the dumbest human being I've ever interacted with.

Dreamhack is a company that is running Dreamhack Atlanta, which is an event circled around running many of its own tournaments in one place at the same time.

ESL is a company that runs HCS, which is connected to Dreamhack through its shared ownership.

ESL used its connection with Dreamhack to a run a tournament at Dreamhack's venue for next to no cost.

Dreamhack is now not giving ESL connection to its limited back up line so that it can run its own tournaments, leaving Halo out in the dark.

If ESL actually gave a shit about this game and put it in its own venue this wouldn't be an issue.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Every other tournament is running.

Do the other tournaments have games that require a network connection for local multiplayer? Honest question...

Comcast having their fiber cut is an uncontrollable circumstance. But with the entire venue running on 1gig, how much q bandwidth is left over to run multiple halo AND halo's stream.

The real culprit here isn't comcast or esl, its 343 and their decision not to add LAN support.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If ESL actually gave a shit about this game and put it in its own venue this wouldn't be an issue.

Dude what? Having Halo at Dreamhack is awesome as shit if ESL just had their internet shit figured out.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Do the other tournaments have games that require a network connection for local multiplayer? Honest question...

Blizzard games don't have LAN so I guess HotS and Hearthstone?

Dude what? Having Halo at Dreamhack is awesome as shit if ESL just had their internet shit figured out.

It's funny, everyone was really excited about Halo being at Dreamhack before this shit started happening...

yuMXHEs.jpg

"dreamhack and ESL aren't the same thing!!!!"

I mean, thanks for proving my point I guess?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

yuMXHEs.jpg

"dreamhack and ESL aren't the same thing!!!!"

Single entity concept. My accounting qualification coming in  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, thanks for proving my point I guess?

you are correct 

TECHNICALLY they aren't the same exact company, great observation Mr. W. Knight!

these companies have absolutely no relationship with one another  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

dreamhack & ESL = addidas & reebok

same shit, different name

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly don't care who's at fault, this event was suppose to be a push in the right direction for Halo and now here we are again looking just as bad as Worlds. Now we have all our players and fans standing around hours on end and being pushed to do things because of incompetence, bad planning, and of course bad management. Make whatever excuses you want to try and soften this, it's a shit show and it's pathetic to see happening over and over again. I'm over Halo now and I'm thankful for that, I'll still root for the players and fans but my god ESL and 343i have destroyed a lifelong fandom of mine and it makes me sad.

You'll be back for H6

I wonder if T2 still thinks its the community and players fault for not growing the scene enough? Great event so far.

:weback:  :weback:  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just out of curiosity, is the rest of the event also on a Comcast line?

No idea im afraid
  • Upvote (+1) 1

stream back up then straight to a 6 hour break

This is ridiculous. I get there are issues beyond their control, and I don't hold that against them. (I fear I may be in the minority here)

But when you're running multiple hours late, you don't play one game and then quit to a break. That's actually insulting to your fans.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Owned by the same company, but not the same thing. 

So kind of like how Left Twix flows caramel onto the cookie and bathes it with chocolate where as Right Twix cascades caramel over the cookie and cloaks it with chocolate?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Im scared to catch up on this thread after what has happen...

It's gold. Don't worry.

• Upvote (+1) 1