CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

EG is imploding right now. Feels bad for Josbe, having to awkwardly live in the middle of that.

what is the series? the command wasn't working on LBX's Twitch. 

1-10 or 11 not sure

thank you. honestly, Falcated and Josbe would probably be better off on STR8 right now than with the twins. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

thank you. honestly, Falcated and Josbe would probably be better off on STR8 right now than with the twins.

Josbe is going to get poached as soon as the transfer period begins.

Guys, you can say you play Halo all you want, but it's actually Halo 5: Guardians.

I love how they felt it necessary to add that subtitle only for the Guardians to not even be explored in any depth in the games. My impression of them is just that they are big forerunner made metal bird looking things that fly around destroying planets at someone's command.

• Upvote (+1) 2

h5 online is bad and h3 online was bad, no argument here

the difference is h3 had tons of variety and experiences

there are literally 20 playlists in H5 right now, plus a customs browser

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The NFL is consistently inconsistent though. Every year roughly 50% of playoff teams didn't make the playoffs the year before. It's not uncommon for a team that is seen as one of the league's worst one year to flip to one of the best quite quickly.

The 9ers, jets, browns, jags, chargers, rams could be playoff teams next year despite the fact that as of now they're considered to be the league's worst teams.

Obviously if you cut out most of the teams in the league these teams have a better shot at being that surprise team.

Especially considering the "top 15 teams" right now may not be come next year.

Still, your talking about end of year results, when I'm talking about odds based on long term consistency.

If you cut out half the team's, there will be less of a chance of a surprise, because there will be fewer teams in a position to be a surprise. If you cut out the team's who are consistently on the cusp, and leave only the team who is never on the cusp, odds are, upsets will be less likely.

Still, your talking about end of year results, when I'm talking about odds based on long term consistency.

If you cut out half the team's, there will be less of a chance of a surprise, because there will be fewer teams in a position to be a surprise. If you cut out the team's who are consistently on the cusp, and leave only the team who is never on the cusp, odds are, upsets will be less likely.

Except if you cut out half the teams, all the good players from those teams will join the other teams and then there will be a lot more parity because every team would be so stacked.

You can call yourself an American all you want, but you won't be called an "American" in other languages.

In Scandinavia we always says American and everyone knows you mean the guy from the USA even if the room is full of people from The Americas. If he is from Columbia we say the Columbian guy and from Argentina the Argentinian guy and so on. And from my experience that is also the most common way in France, Italy and Germany. I have some friends from Colombia and Peru and I have never ever heard that they get upset when I call a person from the USA an American but they are maybe "swedishfied".

• Upvote (+1) 7

I love playing Halo 5

giphy.gif

I love it on a good server, being 4v4, with HCS settings. Unfortunately it seems to be rare to get all 3 now :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

Spread across a crispy 20k population.

I can find a match in every playlist. Who cares if theres 20k ppl playing if you can easily find matches. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Josbe is going to get poached as soon as the transfer period begins.

Hes so good. Guy is getting picked up by a top 4 team guaranteed. Him and Saiyan deserve better.

@@Prototype did you get dropped?

No, I just felt like for me personally it wasn't working. It WAS then it just felt like it drastically declined. So maybe it just wasn't a good fit, idk regardless I didn't feel it. Luckily they had someone to replace me, so HOPEFULLY theres no hard feelings on their part. I have nothing but good things to say about them (EVEN CRATOS) and I truly hope they do well this weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Except if you cut out half the teams, all the good players from those teams will join the other teams and then there will be a lot more parity because every team would be so stacked.

Now let's look at it like Halo5 where these players have stopped playing halo.

I can find a match in every playlist. Who cares if theres 20k ppl playing if you can easily find matches.

A little something called better quality matches. And party restrictions. You know, stuff that requires a population.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

have you ever considered the fact that you are 1 person, and do not represent the 20k that play, or the thousands that stopped playing because they couldnt find a game.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

have you ever considered the fact that you are 1 person, and do not represent the 20k that play, or the thousands that stopped playing because they couldnt find a game.

Thousands couldn't find games? I understand pros who can't find games in champ level, but if you're in a skill lvl lower than high onyx I find it hard to believe you struggling to find matches. I'm in plat/diamond in hcs and I can find matches easily solo or in a party of 4 any day/time. People not living in NA or EU it sucks but I understand that they do allow foreigners to match NA players if they can't find local matches.

A little something called better quality matches. And party restrictions. You know, stuff that requires a population.

With the party restrictions added to HCS I'm still able to find matches and I have close to 50% win/loss ratio so I'd say I'm finding matches close to my skill level in perhaps one of the lower populated playlists in HCS.

Are people really not finding matches in Halo 5? Post when and where you play cause I'm interested to know.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thousands couldn't find games? I understand pros who can't find games in champ level, but if you're in a skill lvl lower than high onyx I find it hard to believe you struggling to find matches. I'm in plat/diamond in hcs and I can find matches easily solo or in a party of 4 any day/time. People not living in NA or EU it sucks but I understand that they do allow foreigners to match NA players if they can't find local matches.

With the party restrictions added to HCS I'm still able to find matches and I have close to 50% win/loss ratio so I'd say I'm finding matches close to my skill level in perhaps one of the lower populated playlists in HCS.

Are people really not finding matches in Halo 5? Post when and where you play cause I'm interested to know.

H5 doesn't have full on restrictions lmao stop. And you do know that if you aren't searching at peak times you still struggle to find games sometimes even in the US. And here's the biggest shocker, some players live in OTHER COUNTRIES. And guess what, they can't find games.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

there are literally 20 playlists in H5 right now, plus a customs browser

You're right! We have Warzone 1, Warzone 2, Warzone 3, Warzone PvP, team arena 1, team arena 2 (HCS), 2v2 team arena, FFA arena, etc

So much variety!

You have a point about the customs server browser but idk if anyone even really uses it, I never even used it once

If you honestly think H5 has anywhere near the variety of game play that h3 does then you need to seek help, H5 is a shell of a game.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6