CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Pretty sad to see no T2 :/

or walshy  :(

i know i'm very critical but is that tweet shit, or am i just being too critical?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I thought I saw Walshy as an analyst elsewhere? Who knows. I know he'll be at ATL, but it is a bit sad to not see T2. It is good to see up and comers get a big opportunity like this and the addition of Gaskin is great. @@TheSimms can we do at least 1 tri cast with the old EU squad for old times sake? Simms/WonderGod/Gaskin such a great trio. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

or walshy  :(

i know i'm very critical but is that tweet shit, or am i just being too critical?

seems pretty form filled to me. that tweet could be about any team. it sucks that the only personal type content released lately was from last year

• Upvote (+1) 1

how are we not going to send out our best casters to dreamhack? this is the biggest stage we've had for a while, we need t2 and walshy up there

• Upvote (+1) 7

how are we not going to send out our best casters to dreamhack? this is the biggest stage we've had for a while, we need t2 and walshy up there

How you gonna do Wonderboy and Simms like that. EU>NA

Also T2 is probably coaching Str8.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not playing video games for 8+ hours a day is a good start.

But for real though:

You can stretch non-stop, elevate your hand, ice it frequently to reduce swelling, use compression and even more. I even use a product called Bio Freeze which is great for arthritis, muscle and joint issues. No matter what you do nothing will beat your best solutions, which is to not play games for 8+ hours a day.

I wonder what Snipedown's exact issues are. I've been having hand issues myself lately and his looks a bit more extreme especially in terms of being able to open your hand. I consider myself to be more of a hardcore gamer than average, I don't really think thats the best term but ever since I was a kid all the way till now, I feel like play more video games for longer periods of time than the average consumer. I actually would joke about how my eye sight is perfect despite sitting in front of a screen for 20+ years, and I have had no hand issues even though I clawed for 10+ years.

It wasn't until this past year at Beach LAN 5 did I open some flood gates of hand pain that has been bothering me ever since. I used to LAN or play all night with no issues, but after BL5 every single LAN i attended afterwards I noticed hand cramping after just one or two series (1 or 2 hours) I blamed a large part of this on the original xbox controllers combined with my rage grip being too tight. Never had any problems though after LANs when I would come home and play X1. So within the last month I just started having hand problems while gaming regularly on my elite controller. (which is soft) The issue is with my hand and fingers, but mostly so around my knuckles. I know many people have issues with their wrists and the wrist would create problems in the hand, but this is a bit different for me.

The craziest part of this is that one thing that actually helps me out is for me to start clawing again. I think my hand benefits from being more stretched out and open than compressed tightly gripping the back of the controller. I planned on getting a Duke just for the sake of it when it was announced, now I plan on getting a duke because I'm fairly confident that my hands are too big to be gripping a tiny controller like that for extended periods of time.

• Upvote (+1) 4

'Fair shot' and parity are two different things. The differential between the 16th NFL team and the 32nd team isn't that large... but the differential between the 1st team and the 32nd is massive- which is why removing the bottom half of the league would have no impact on the 32nd team's chances of making the Super Bowl.

The browns haven't had a playoff birth since 2002 (which is, coincidently the year the league added more[\b] teams.) in that same time the patriots have had 13 playoff berths, 6 super bowl berths, and 4 titles. The disparity is due to better front offices, scouting,salary cap management, and coaching. 'Fair shots' don't negate talent differentials, which is again, what determines odds.

If we removed the bottom 15 teams from the league, save the browns, their playoff odds wouldn't change a bit, despite the league getting smaller.

It's not huge though. Carolina was the best team last year. On any given Sunday this year the browns/jets/9ers could have beat them.

Hell in 2010(or 11/12) I belive the pats went 14-2 and one of thier losses was against the Browns.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2010/REG/PATRIOTS

Eric really needs to get that checked out asap. If he keeps going I think it could cause irreparable damage. That looks like it needs extensive treatment.

Willing to guess that T2 is coaching Str8 and Walsh is busy - they're mostly independent contractors right? So if they're busy there isn't anything that can be done.

Ofc, I have no clue if any of the above is true...so....

Wonder why T2 isn't casting also where the fuck is Onset.  :kappa:

T2 is coaching str8, but he did that in Daytona and i think he casted that event.  Idk tbh

It's not going to feel right without Walshy casting :(

I'm going to miss his cheesy smile, and his laugh!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eric really needs to get that checked out asap. If he keeps going I think it could cause irreparable damage. That looks like it needs extensive treatment.

Probably needs surgery.

Too bad he's American.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It's not huge though. Carolina was the best team last year. On any given Sunday this year the browns/jets/9ers could have beat them.

Hell in 2010(or 11/12) I belive the pats went 14-2 and one of thier losses was against the Browns.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2010/REG/PATRIOTS

So what? Single games don't skew odds. We looks at consistency. Any given matchup, Snakebite could get sick, and OG could get upset, that doesn't mean that the odds of them winning a given tournament aren't heavily in their favor.

We are discussing odds. occasionally odds are beaten. Huge Upsets are not impossible, but they are unlikely. Odds are, the browns would lose to the pats if they played this year (they rarely meet up, because the browns never make the playoffs, because they consistently aren't nearly as good as the top 12 teams) . This would still be the case if the bottom half of the league was removed. this disparity is why a suddenly smaller league wouldn't boost clevelands chances of a title. Key barriers would still present massive odds to overcome.

when figuring odds, a key component is consistency. In the same timeframe as before, in addition to better season finishes, the Pats have beaten the browns 5 out of 6 times by and average of 14.8 points (3 massive blowouts and two close ones). The Pats are consistently a much better team, and will likely continue to be so for the forseeable future.

• Upvote (+1) 1

*HCS LG tweet*

If this also linked to an article with a bit of story/quotes from players I think it would be great. As it is it just kinda makes me shrug my shoulders and say "cool story, bro".

• Upvote (+1) 1