CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That really sucks. I don't know why Nintendo won't back the scene

Same reason you won't see Microsoft back a Halo 3 tournament. I get their pov, just sucks for everyone involved.

Same reason you won't see Microsoft back a Halo 3 tournament. I get their pov, just sucks for everyone involved.

That argument makes sense for Melee; but that tweet was for Smash 4. Nintendo's newest Smash game released.

(Melee had a similar prize pool breakdown though)

• Upvote (+1) 2

That argument makes sense for Melee; but that tweet was for Smash 4. Nintendo's newest Smash game released.

(Melee had a similar prize pool breakdown though)

It's on the Wii U and came out in 2014, Nintendo is doing their best to make sure people forget about that console. Now if it comes out for the Switch (been rumored) and they don't support it then there's a serious issue going on.

It's on the Wii U and came out in 2014, Nintendo is doing their best to make sure people forget about that console. Now if it comes out for the Switch (been rumored) and they don't support it then there's a serious issue going on.

Nintendo makes 343 look like a god in terms of support.

People beg nintendo for even 1/10th the support and communication we get from 343 and we all know that's a up and down hill.

People beg nintendo for even 1/10th the support and communication we get from 343 and we all know that's a up and down hill.

Nintendo's too busy pushing Splatoon as an esport to care about the already successful Smash scene

• Upvote (+1) 1

According to todays vlog, Hecz is going to Dreamhack ATL for the Halo tourney. Hopefully it is a good showing for us.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Good to see EG on the scrim grind leading up to ATL! /s

They scrimmed thursday, friday, and saturday
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I thought that was the Street Fighter with broken, over-powered, noob-friendly combo moves/breakers? I thought I remembered somebody posting a comment in this thread with a video explaining the whole situation. Also, I have seen quite a few tweets about how poorly the event was handled. Although it could have been another title since I'm drunk again and I follow only gaming/golfing people on Twitter.

It is, doesn't mean you can't still enjoy it.

Nintendo's too busy pushing Splatoon as an esport to care about the already successful Smash scene

Did you see the stadium packed crowd for Splatoon in the Switch trailer. Splatoons gonna be the biggest esport in the world ... according to Nintendo

Tbh I'd rather not have 343 support. Let the community do it ourselves. We could get MLG back. Get our preferred settings. Have open, honest and TIMELY communication.
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Tbh I'd rather not have 343 support. Let the community do it ourselves. We could get MLG back. Get our preferred settings. Have open, honest and TIMELY communication.

Yeah with 10k prize pools at best, sounds awful.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Smash gets more viewers than Halo with 10k prize pool, so is Microsoft a money well spent?

unless they've finally seen the light after 2 years, there is no way 343 allows the community to take the game and hand it to mlg. and we would still need 343's support for the dedicated server and devkits. we don't just need mlg, we need a change in how 343 operates halo as an esport. activision and the coalition treat their scenes like an investment where 343 seems to treat it as an afterthought

Smash gets more viewers than Halo with 10k prize pool, so is Microsoft a money well spent?

They can brag about how many dollars they've invested into esports, so I think so

nsh.gif

Unfortunately a pipe dream my lad. Don't you think if it were possible it would already have happened?