CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

161k on twitch for the SFV finals. Plus it's on Disney xd and espn2 right now. Tourney has been great

Edit: 176k

• Upvote (+1) 2

161k on twitch for the SFV finals. Plus it's on Disney xd and espn2 right now. Tourney has been great

Edit: 176k

I thought that was the Street Fighter with broken, over-powered, noob-friendly combo moves/breakers? I thought I remembered somebody posting a comment in this thread with a video explaining the whole situation. Also, I have seen quite a few tweets about how poorly the event was handled. Although it could have been another title since I'm drunk again and I follow only gaming/golfing people on Twitter. 

I thought that was the Street Fighter with broken, over-powered, noob-friendly combo moves/breakers? I thought I remembered somebody posting a comment in this thread with a video explaining the whole situation. Also, I have seen quite a few tweets about how poorly the event was handled. Although it could have been another title since I'm drunk again and I follow only gaming/golfing people on Twitter.

Don't know about how it was in the venue, but the gameplay across tekken, mvc3, sf5, and even Blaz blue was incredible. Competitive and exciting across thhe board

And yeah people don't like SFV as much, but it still produces great gameplay spectator wise.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't know about how it was in the venue, but the gameplay across tekken, mvc3, sf5, and even Blaz blue was incredible. Competitive and exciting across thhe board

And yeah people don't like SFV as much, but it still produces great gameplay spectator wise.

Honestly, the "venue" bitching is petty (looking at you H5 Worlds 2), all that matters is game play and eyes. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

Damn, that outro video hit me in the feels. Fighters seems to have great communities.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Damn, that outro video hit me in the feels. Fighters seems to have great communities.

I work with 3 guys from the fighting scene and it seems pretty legit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What??

Wait nvm I got messed up with it. I saw sab on one of the teams that prototype was normally on.

Wait nvm I got messed up with it. I saw sab on one of the teams that prototype was normally on.

Zeke said he left. Either way, wonder how sab does at a tourney
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Zeke said he left. Either way, wonder how sab does at a tourney

How have "AM's" fared so far in H5 as far as moving up? Which AM's have made it? Renegade? Shottzy, Bubu? TrippeY? Saiyan? Falcated? Tapping? Frosty? Suspector? Danoxide? Kaotic? Huke? Penguin? Eco? Stellur? Have any of these AM's done well? I don't think the current structure is fair to AM's and they should have a chance for more money. I guess what I'm trying to say is that AM's in H5 aren't given a fair shot. FBM. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Well that's not true.

Assuming they keep the same playoff structure of 12 teams it's a hell of a lot easier make top 12 out of 16 then top 12 out of 32.

If they sneak in to the playoffs it's all single elimination games. Anything can happen.

Esports aren't like real sports. Real sports have drafts and parity. In esports people just choose their teams so the concentration of elite talent is insanely focused. Well, I suppose basketball fits your analogy lol. Basketball functions more like an esport.

No, there odds would be roughly unchanged. The 32nd most skilled team wouldn't have a better chance at making the playoffs if just the best 15 teams stood in its way vs the 15 best and 14 worst teams stood on its way- this team is still just as unlikely to beat the top 15 as it was before the cut...

This team is actually more likely to get destroyed in their conference...

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know what i've been thinking about seeing people say that matchmaking makes pretty even teams most of the time, which is actually kind of true. If im lets say a diamond 4, i should be playing with diamond 4s and if im shitting on kids i should rank up over time until i even out. Not toss a diamond 4 who shits on kids with 2 plats and a gold 6 and on the other team its 4 diamond 2s or something. Like ive had games where i got 28-13 with most flag pulls and returns and lose the game and the game is close, which is fine on the team balancing side of things, its just not fine on the ranking up and down side of things, because when you rank up then a lower rank just ends up in your game to make even teams.

What im saying is there is something wrong with this season. For whatever reason its just making even teams of whatever rank so you win or lose roughly 50% of your games regardless of how good you are lol. If you're really good you just play with worse people against another really good player with some bad kids in a duel of who's baddies do the least dumb shit.

Menke designs all his matchmaking to work this way. You should only be winning 50% of your games. If you're winning more, then the game is matching you too low. The only way to go up is to prove to the system you are better than the people you are similarly taked too. At which point you keep move up until you find your new 50/50 barrier. Obviously this doesn't work at the very top and bottom, but for the most part over time most players should have a 50/50 record.

Its just harder to do 4v4 than in a 1v1 (his system was originally for SC2) so you will find games with massive skill discrepencies but overall they balance out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Top 16 payout is fine, the prizemoney just isn't big enough for it, but tbh.. Halo doesn't deserve more at this point.

People who think there will be a magical reuprising of Halos popularity in esports because of something 343 switches or payouts they are delusional to the scene.

There could be Halo 3 just with better graphics being released next nonth and Halo would not suddenly beat LoL, Dota, CSGO or COD.. hell if it even if would beat Rocket League or Overwatch's minors..

Halo is not globally successful, especially its esports.

I don't want to say 'be happy with what you got' but 'read the market'

Elamite made fantastic points.

I really love to watch Halo though :(

• Upvote (+1) 3

this ... I get the MLG nostalgia but literally 208 of those 256 teams were not serious about competing.

you are very mistaken 

sry 4 dp :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

what is your actual complaint here? seriously?

just making yourself look like a petty moron

no surprise there i guess though been that your whole life

What is going on with the forums lately? Anarchy everywhere

This place used to be filled to the brim with memes, laughter, spinning ginger heads.... now if we aren't discussing basketball, we're watching two forum trolls argue over who's wiener is bent the weirdest.

If any of you forgot (somehow) just how fucking bad Cooper was, I'm 94% sure you just got to experience it

SUDD1 literally loses a game super bad to some diamonds then after the game is like "idiots get your accuracy up you suck, ive been pro way longer than you've even had this game, go get partnered on twitch, go get sponsored"  this is to diamonds, he feels the need to do this to diamond ranked players in H5.  He was never even pro

if he means prolapsed anus, I agree

• Upvote (+1) 1

(Also is it good or bad I can leave for a while and know exactly what ppl will be fighting over when I get back?)

• Upvote (+1) 4

No, there odds would be roughly unchanged. The 32nd most skilled team wouldn't have a better chance at making the playoffs if just the best 15 teams stood in its way vs the 15 best and 14 worst teams stood on its way- this team is still just as unlikely to beat the top 15 as it was before the cut...

This team is actually more likely to get destroyed in their conference...

You're severly underestimating the parity of real sports leagues and especially the NFL. Drafts, free agency, salary cap. All of it works to give teams a fair shot.

Just look at last year. The defending superbowl champs miss the playoffs coming 3rd in thier division of 4 teams. The panthers are seen as a top 1-3 team following a 15-1 season. They miss the playoffs as well. The Cowboys, an afterthought heading in to the season become the #1 seed. Atlanta was largely seen as the 3rd or even 4th best team in their division. They make the superbowl and should have won it.

The gap between the "15th" best team and the "32nd" is not that wide. Who the 15th and 32nd best team are can change on a dime.

In an esport there is no parity. The 4 best players can and usually do form up to make a clear cut #1 team. The pro teams have all the best players and if an am team discovers a pro level talent, a pro team takes him. This is one of the biggest flaws with esports.

Damn, loving this 1 year old content being released on someones personal twitter.. :wutface:

But if they release it on the HCS twitter how will Tashi grow his own followers?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Damn, loving this 1 year old content being released on someones personal twitter.. :wutface:

Dont really know what I even expect at this point though.

editing and releasing content in a timely manner...sounds expensive

• Upvote (+1) 1

editing and releasing content in a timely manner...sounds expensive

They are just now resolving the 200,000 cable fiasco. Give them a break.  :simms:

Menke designs all his matchmaking to work this way. You should only be winning 50% of your games. If you're winning more, then the game is matching you too low. The only way to go up is to prove to the system you are better than the people you are similarly taked too. At which point you keep move up until you find your new 50/50 barrier. Obviously this doesn't work at the very top and bottom, but for the most part over time most players should have a 50/50 record.

Its just harder to do 4v4 than in a 1v1 (his system was originally for SC2) so you will find games with massive skill discrepencies but overall they balance out.

The problem with the playlist is the population and party restrictions they put in place.  I don't think the population has dropped significantly, but the hard party restrictions they put in place for the first couple minutes of matching has made it seem more random as far as skill disparity per team.   not enough people playing so it can't make the game fair with close-ranks and just does the best with what it has.  From what i have seen the teams themselves end up being pretty even, but yeah the skill per-team can be wild.

The best way to avoid this is to search on Focused and manually restart the search every 2 minutes.  Its annoying to see people blame the matchmaking when they should be blaming the population.

• Upvote (+1) 2