CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Bo3 series mean nothing

With that said, Cratos just beat his ex-team Ronin

They've been shaky regardless of today. For a team people think is all but inevitable to relegate a pro team, they've been sweating with lesser teams way too much.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

This math was already addressed in a previous post. The number of participants isn't a realistic way of determining odds because of the skill disparity between top and bottom teams. how many of the 256 teams had the skill to even come close to challenging a top 8 squad?

Being discoverable online doesnt change the fact that roster rules and the esl imposed pro-AM split for tournament play and bias towards pro league created artificial barriers that old pros never had to deal with.

Number of participants is a HUGE factor lol what
  • Upvote (+1) 1

They've been shaky regardless of today. For a team people think is all but inevitable to relegate a pro team, they've been sweating with lesser teams way too much.

Where have they been shaky besides today? They won all of the AM cups & have lost just 2 (one being 6-7) scrims since their 50-sum game LAN with nV.

Where have they been shaky besides today? They won all of the AM cups & have lost just 2 (one being 6-7) scrims since their 50-sum game LAN with nV.

Sabinator is new to the roster over prototype I think. 

Is this atria united tourney a LAN one or online tourney?

What??

Is this atria united tourney a LAN one or online tourney?

entirely unprofessional to not communicate

I hate seeing things like this happen :'(

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think anyone is streaming the OG vs. TL scrim. I wonder if they haven't noticed twitch is up and running again.

thats a different team.  OS is Ryanoob, Contra, Nem, Dastroyed

Number of participants is a HUGE factor lol what

Let's put it in laymens terms... if the nfl added 8 expansion teams to the league, would it have a notable impact on the patriots odds of making it to the Superbowl this year? No, because talent would be skewed heavily towards existing franchises. The new teams woild most likely be trash.

You dont calculate odds based on the number of teams. It isnt a lottery, it's a skill competition. You base Odds on the concentration of talent. If 256 teams showed up to dreamhack, most of them would be trash. The later the round, the more familiar the faces would be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's put it in laymens terms... if the nfl added 8 expansion teams to the league, would it have a notable impact on the patriots odds of making it to the Superbowl this year? No, because talent would be skewed heavily towards existing franchises. The new teams woild most likely be trash.

You dont calculate odds based on the number of teams. It isnt a lottery, it's a skill competition. You base Odds on the concentration of talent. If 256 teams showed up to dreamhack, most of them would be trash. The later the round, the more familiar the faces would be.

this ... I get the MLG nostalgia but literally 208 of those 256 teams were not serious about competing.  there are fewer teams in H5 but a higher proportion of these teams are actually there to compete, rather than hang out with bros at a three-day H3 LAN party

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

this ... I get the MLG nostalgia but literally 208 of those 256 teams were not serious about competing. there are fewer teams in H5 but a higher proportion of these teams are actually there to compete, rather than hang out with bros at a three-day H3 LAN party

Yeah no. Stop.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Not even the same thing in any way lol. Population in an ONLINE video game has a LOT to do with making the game more competitively viable. You have more people playing the game in different ways, and are more likely to find SOMEONE that is going to be really good. You also get better quality practice. This is nothing like the NFL just expanding teams because the NFL ALREADY has the best players in the world.

Here's a better example. Only 1000 people play football globally. Over 1,000,000 play basketball. Which sport do you think has better competition?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1