CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

All I have to say is 3.5 million of that 4.5 million was fair game. Only money that ams didn't have a chance for was season 1 and 2 pro league finals

I definitely thought about this in my comparison.  I figured since you could only attend HaloWC after qualifying/being invited and being ranked Top 8/ Top 7 for 2017, that it can count in the figures.

The $4K Atria United tournament (that's happening right now) has a "no stream" rule which they are enforcing for everyone except for the pros that are streaming the tournament. So in other words, it's actually a "no stream for AMs" rule. Opinions? 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The $4K Atria United tournament (that's happening right now) has a "no stream" rule which they are enforcing for everyone except for the pros that are streaming the tournament. So in other words, it's actually a "no stream for AMs" rule. Opinions?

Why lol

Why lol

Only thing I can think about it maybe to grow hype over a couple streams over having too many, but that's kinda stretching it.

All I have to say is 3.5 million of that 4.5 million was fair game. Only money that ams didn't have a chance for was season 1 and 2 pro league finals

I see what you're saying but really think how much money is fenced into the pros. For instance how many of the pro teams both NA and EU can physically finish out of the money this event. In the same vein how many AM teams can finish in the money even if there were multiple teams that were considerably better than a lot of the current invited championship teams (not too far a stretch considering perspectives on EU Halo).

Apparently some AMs did indeed stream it even though they were told not to and that they would get disqualified. They didn't get disqualified and apparently it's been resolved? Or so I think, not sure. That's what I'm being told on Twitter, anyway, so it may actually just be a non-issue.

EDIT; Looks like it wasn't enforced because it wasn't communicated correctly to the players beforehand & they aren't sure if future tournaments will have these restrictions for streaming but they also understand there will likely be some backlash if there are restrictions. Anyway, mostly seems not too important since this tournament nothing happened to those AMs who did stream.

Which is kinda crazy to see where we are at now, money doesn't fix the issues with 343 Industries and ESL no matter how much you throw at it. It needs to start at the top, and I'm not sure it ever will get to level where it should be.

What's crazy is that 4.5 million is just prize/stipend money. I'm seriously thinking the HCS budget is focused more on that than expansion/development.

I was about to say that if the prize money is that large just imagine the rest of the money invested for the other aspects of the HCS but it might explain a lot if most of the budget is just being thrown into having lots of zeros on big cheques.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you guys think is a coincidence that ESL raises AMs prizes the first event Cratos isn't in a pro team.

Can we not start this shit lmao

• Upvote (+1) 6

I say we dive into the conspiracy and find evidence that ESL/343/HCS/Cratos formed as a money laundering & fraudulent operation to gift Cratos money.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I say we dive into the conspiracy and find evidence that ESL/343/HCS/Cratos formed as a money laundering & fraudulent operation to gift Cratos money.

In some roundabout way I already know it's Quinn's fault.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Thanks for posting the numbers.. I actually didn't realize how much money was sunk into the HCS and Pro League. That's pretty wild.

After next week, h5 will be top10 all time in terms on total prize pools.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Snip

Ether...

simply put attitude from the pros surrounding this issue is indefensible. I'm trying to frame it as anything other than greed, but I'm struggling...

Not really, once you factor in the impact that certain rules and rulings (some that you personally benefitted from), have had on team composition and bracket placement.

Sure everyone had a shot, but "fair game" isn't a good what to describe the the last two years of HCS. ESL went out of their way to stack the deck against AMs.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You do realize multiple pros have voiced their opinion on the topic, so what makes you decide to go straight for us? Would really love to know considering Snipedown, Ace, Lethul, SB, etc. say something. I've been a pro for 9 years, placed top 12 multiple times and not once did I complain that I wasn't getting $. Comments like these are just baffling and make 0 sense

Stop being such a baby. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Were you getting stipends though?

Yes, but to me that's irrelevant to the topic entirely. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 18

Yes, but to me that's irrelevant to the topic entirely.

I'm sorry but how?

What is the difference between earning a stipend by placing top16 and earning prize money? It's a means to the same end.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Were you getting stipends though?

Were you getting bracket fucked due to MLG giving pro teams 16000 pro points arbitrarily?

Were you relegated to a league that was completely segmented from pro's, making it nearly impossible to get high quality scrims...

Pro's wanna bring up the past to support their rediculous argument, but won't mention how much better things were for AMs back then, structurally.

I'm sorry but how?

What is the difference between earning a stipend by placing top16 and earning prize money? It's a means to the same end.

You have an infinitely better chance now to become a pro than then. You used to come out of am and immediately play FB or whoever round 1. Also I think the stipend question is irrelevant because that's not taken out of a prize pool + I was a pro player. I do agree that the league shit is dumb and it should never have been a thing. Both viewpoints on this topic are going to be biased in some way so at this point we're just arguing to argue. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm sorry but how?

• Upvote (+1) 4