CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet but here's my rough guess for the Championship Bracket at Atlanta

https://twitter.com/Greatredshift/status/886618684432814080

Let's say oxy makes it from relegation winners and ronin from losers. Str8 and wise being the other teams in the top4.

We would have in the first round:

Liquid vs Wise

Nv vs Str8

EG vs Ronin

LG vs Oxygen

Fwiw, wise has been playing well lately. Would love to see them relegate someone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

dreamhack-atlanta-map.png

So we got the smallest space in terms of seating. 

RIP. 

Lmao I'm dying that they placed Halo right between DOTA and CSGO.

Like a "This is what you coulda been" type situation.

• Upvote (+1) 5

cant wait for apg and ninja to change their tone about top 12 payouts when they place top 12

To be fair ninja doesn't care what he earns money wise he just likes competing. If he cared about optimizing the money he should be making then he would've quit halo after the first HWC lol

Honestly I hate this is a thing that's still be talked about, it's clear there's 2 very different opinions on it and like snakebite said it's not the pros hating simply because AMs are getting paid. It's obviously a last ditch effort to help grow the scene and I truly hope it does so and the attendance/viewership increases (if so I fully support it) but only time will tell. It's at the point where everyone is repeating their opinion over and over just throwing in different analogies lol I hope we can all just move on and talk about dreamhack and get even a little bit of hype for it since it SHOULD be an awesome event. Only thing I'm a little ashamed of is if you go on the dreamhack website and look at the esports schedule every single game has their schedule announced for the weekend but halo has "TBA" which just is just bad communication as usual :(

• Upvote (+1) 4

Since Twitch fucked mobile up, I'll watch Mixer over Twitch, shame there is no big personalities yet though.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Since Twitch fucked mobile up, I'll watch Mixer over Twitch, shame there is no big personalities yet though.

It's awful now. You touch your screen and you might swipe accidentally to a new channel. And 30 sec ads are a big turnoff

So we got the smallest space in terms of seating. 

RIP. 

The overflow tent is outside the venue.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love reading that people keep trying to think pros are greedy / misunderstanding why people think Top 8 should be paid. You keep trying to spin some narrative that isn't there. I think it comes down to these two things that people have issues with:

• Prize Pool was changed a week before the event, after it was agreed on with ESL / HCS Pro Players
  • People wanting the best teams & players to be paid, not top 30%.

I really don't think it's that hard to understand, you can disagree with it for sure - but please just stop trying to make it seem like it's anything more than that.

Disclaimer: Yes, I'm sure there is one players that said something stupid about money and was serious. 1-2 pro players doesn't equal all - most have been pretty level headed on why there is an issue.

-----------------

Good post @@Elamite btw

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I love reading that people keep trying to think pros are greedy / misunderstanding why people think Top 8 should be paid. You keep trying to spin some narrative that isn't there. I think it comes down to these two things that people have issues with:

• Prize Pool was changed a week before the event, after it was agreed on with ESL / HCS Pro Players
  • People wanting the best teams & players to be paid, not top 30%.

I really don't think it's that hard to understand, you can disagree with it for sure - but please just stop trying to make it seem like it's anything more than that.

-----------------

Good post @@Elamite btw

Are you ignoring all the hate that Pro Players spilled all over Twitter.

Are you ignoring all the hate that Pro Players spilled all over Twitter.

I honestly don't follow that many pro players on twitter but I added a disclaimer. I'm just going off what's been posted here.

Disclaimer: Yes, I'm sure there is one players that said something stupid about money and was serious. 1-2 pro players doesn't equal all - most have been pretty level headed.

Thanks for posting the numbers.. I actually didn't realize how much money was sunk into the HCS and Pro League. That's pretty wild.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for posting the numbers.. I actually didn't realize how much money was sunk into the HCS and Pro League. That's pretty wild.

Which is kinda crazy to see where we are at now, money doesn't fix the issues with 343 Industries and ESL no matter how much you throw at it. It needs to start at the top, and I'm not sure it ever will get to level where it should be.

I'm pretty sure that 343 has thrown more money to the H5 HWC than all of the prize pool from 2001-20015 combined.

I'm pretty sure that 343 has thrown more money to the H5 HWC than all of the prize pool from 2001-20015 combined.

That's actually Microsoft, which I'm pretty sure didn't pay any prizing for any of MLG or others in that time frame (or at least until Halo 4 or 5). I know it's easy for you to shit on them (MLG) from your keyboard as usual, but at least try and respect the history there. A lot of people in those years build a great community and provided a living for players to make competitive Halo what it is today.

That's actually Microsoft, which I'm pretty sure didn't pay any prizing for any of MLG or others in that time frame (or at least until Halo 4 or 5). I know it's easy for you to shit on them (MLG) from your keyboard as usual, but at least try and respect the history there. A lot of people in those years build a great community and provided a living for players to make competitive Halo what it is today.

What do you take it so personally?? . I was just stating that things are different, Lethul made more money in 2 events than Ogre2 made in over 40 event wins. So i find it unacceptable that current pros are shitting on AMs when they are living very well thanks to 343 money.

What do you take it so personally?? . I was just stating that things are different, Lethul made more money in 2 events than Ogre2 made in over 40 event wins. So i find it unacceptable that current pros are shitting on AMs when they are living very well thanks to 343 money.

Because I was actually there, I've seen the highs and the very lows of this community. I don't mind people throwing shade or airing their problems with MLG - but my god you keep doing it over and over again at random. Most of your posts are off base or ignorant and have to be corrected.

It's great to see the prizing these days, but stop acting like 343i and MS made what the community and scene it is today. 95% of us wouldn't be here if it wasn't for MLG. Call me a MLG fanboy or whatever cheap insult you want to throw, but it's the truth for a lot of us.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2