CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Lost some respect for the pros here. They make tons. Don't you want the scene to grow? Top16 payout is one of the best things. Winner still makes a shit ton. Share the wealth.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I personally believe that if ESL announced on Day 1 that 9-16 placings would get money while at the same time explaining that they're not affecting the prize pool for 1-8.. everyone would be more comfortable. Not 100% happy, but way more comfortable with these type of decisions. 

Idk honestly if people are unhappy about finding out that even more money is being given out because they feel like they deserve a larger piece of it I'm not sure if the date its revealed at truly matters.

I have no dog in this fight, and could be completely off base, but that approach actually does seem like a decent way to grow the scene. Are any pros going to boycott the event because of this minor monetary redistribution? I would say no. But it will also inspire amateurs. So they bait and switched you. It happens. And even if the pros don't like it, they need future teams to compete against, right? Good for the scene. Good for the pros. Good for the amateurs.

Maybe I'm missing something though.

I think what you're missing is that announcing it one week before the tournament doesn't give am teams enough time to be "incintivized". There isn't time to gather a team and make travel plans (if sign ups are eve still open).

If this was the goal they should've announced it months ago so more people would be able to attend.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If this was the goal they should've announced it months ago so more people would be able to attend.

And let the pros complain about the money for months instead of a week? no thanks  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think what you're missing is that announcing it one week before the tournament doesn't give am teams enough time to be "incintivized". There isn't time to gather a team and make travel plans (if sign ups are eve still open).

I keep hearing all these nastolgic stories of "oh I slept on the ground in a room with six people, I ate gas station food for three days, I saved up my lunch money for a three weeks..."

Maybe this story of a short notice tournament will be something an amateur will tell years from now and look back on fondly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I personally believe that if ESL announced on Day 1 that 9-16 placings would get money while at the same time explaining that they're not affecting the prize pool for 1-8.. everyone would be more comfortable. Not 100% happy, but way more comfortable with these type of decisions. 

Has there been another event with top 16 payout for Halo 5? Because I swear I heard about them doing top 16 payout for little while now. Thought I read it in a blog post about Dreamhack atlanta before the season started.

edit; Yup nvm I read that it was HCS Daytona. Yeah I would have preferred them to announce this beforehand as well. 

I thought 343 fixed the quad-post thing?  It shouldn't be allowed to be used in online competitive discussion forums.

This comment not getting the recognition it deserves is a travesty.

• Upvote (+1) 9

net neutrality -> health care -> basketball -> top 16 payout crisis

i wonder what tomorrow will bring, hopefully memes

OhbPPlP.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

I keep hearing all these nastolgic stories of "oh I slept on the ground in a room with six people, I ate gas station food for three days, I saved up my lunch money for a three weeks..."

Maybe this story of a short notice tournament will be something an amateur will tell years from now and look back on fondly.

a wild Boyo appears. 

SUDD1 literally loses a game super bad to some diamonds then after the game is like "idiots get your accuracy up you suck, ive been pro way longer than you've even had this game, go get partnered on twitch, go get sponsored" this is to diamonds, he feels the need to do this to diamond ranked players in H5. He was never even pro

idiots get your post count up you suck, ive been posting way longer than you've even known about this forum, go get a custom avatar, go get premium

• Upvote (+1) 9

SUDD1 literally loses a game super bad to some diamonds then after the game is like "idiots get your accuracy up you suck, ive been pro way longer than you've even had this game, go get partnered on twitch, go get sponsored"  this is to diamonds, he feels the need to do this to diamond ranked players in H5.  He was never even pro

Wasn't Reality Check placing top 8 somewhat consistently for a while (2013 - 2014-ish)?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wasn't Reality Check placing top 8 somewhat consistently for a while?

Like twice in H2A. Once carried by ContrA the other by Frosty

Has 343 ever explained why the launched the game with very few playlists (when population was highest) and now have like 20 playlists (when population is clearly low)

• Upvote (+1) 5

Wasn't Reality Check placing top 8 somewhat consistently for a while (2013 - 2014-ish)?

there were like 10 people playing H2A so not much of an achievement 

there were like 10 people playing H2A so not much of an achievement 

H2A events had just about the same amount of teams as Halo 5, UGC St Louis had 88 teams even.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo pros having egos right now is the biggest joke since the world championship location. 

Most of them aren't even good at the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Imagine the incoming meltdown when they realize they have been competing in a massive 343 created bubble that will burst when 343 come to the conclusion the viewership and exposure they are getting doesn't justify the cost.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Imagine the incoming meltdown when they realize they have been competing in a massive 343 created bubble that will burst when 343 come to the conclusion the viewership and exposure they are getting doesn't justify the cost.

The cruel irony of this is that the viewership and exposure is a direct consequence of 343's/ESL's incompetence.

• Upvote (+1) 6

OhbPPlP.gif

@@TheSimms is not taking his responsibility in these dark times. He should fix some new great photos of himself for truly epic memeing. It is the only way out of this.

Can somebody link me to any of the pros explaining why they are so vehemently against top 16 payout?