CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I get that, but this move isn't going to change the game and bring back that many like there once were. It really seems like a last ditch effort if anything.

So you rather do nothing??

So you rather do nothing??

There's nothing that is going to grow Halo 5 at this point, I can only hope that they learned a lot of the issues players and the community had these last few years and use it to make competitive Halo 6 a respectable esport. The biggest issue with Halo eSports right now is they think throwing money at it works, it doesn't. You need the right people running it, the correct leagues and events, and  (actual) good coverage, etc to get things going.

AM's getting paid in Top 16 isn't bringing back ToasterBob343.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

net neutrality -> health care -> basketball -> top 16 payout crisis

i wonder what tomorrow will bring, hopefully memes

Time to break out the 5-page-long haiku train.

• Upvote (+1) 7

still never told us your placings

Speaking of placings, will I see you this weekend holding up that trophy again or are you gonna fall victim to Snipedown?  :lxthul:

( I do think you guys are winning but I gotta make sure I pack my OG shirt for Sunday and not look like a fool)

I really don't have an opinion on who gets paid what, but announcing that top 16 gets paid a week before the tourney is going to do little to affect turnout at this point.

This attitude of "it sucked for me so it should suck for them too" needs to stop. I get it, competing as an amateur was even harder back in the day, but the amount of money the AMs are getting at ATL is not that much; it's not even enough to cover travel & rooming costs for most people. The way some of the pros feel about AM rewards is just vile and greedy.

On another note, Elamite pretty much shut down his brother with this tweet https://twitter.com/Elamite/status/885989477230944256

Thank you Elamite. Tired of all these cry baby pros.

All I know is at St. Louis we played our first round against a team who was already top 16, since the 8 teams from open advanced to champ bracket and we won fathom flag in 3 minutes while frosty had 0 kills 0 assists 0 damage and never fired a gun, threw a grenade, or a beat down. Imagining that when I think of the 13-16 teams getting paid probably helps with my opinion.

Actually it's shows the state of the game. Not many people play compared to previous titles.

Why was this guy banned and Lethul wasn't?

Cause he is a pro, duh. Can't be touched.

Brb gonna disconnect my central heating, because if my grandparents didn't have it why the fuck should I? :kappa:

Not even remotely the same. Oranges and apples.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Not even remotely the same. Oranges and apples.

Give me a single reason why we shouldn't compare different fruits.

If we can compare different fruits, then we can compare analogous situations.

• Upvote (+1) 9

If we can compare different fruits, then we can compare analogous situations.

Not even remotely the same. Mangosteens and durians.

• Upvote (+1) 2

negged cause your a quad posting fuck

you know better

Actually I dont, I apologize.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We need drama between the pros. Cratos served a good purpose, we need a new Cratos to help spice up the scene.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Actually I dont, I apologize.

On the desktop site, there's a "multiquote" button below each post. Press that and it will "store" the quote at the bottom right in a green icon ("Replying to X posts"). Click on the icon when you've got all your quotes and it'll put them all in a reply.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What team is INV??

Invictus - Jimbo, Snipedrone, Qristola and Ramirez

I really don't have an opinion on who gets paid what, but announcing that top 16 gets paid a week before the tourney is going to do little to affect turnout at this point.

This guy gets it. IF their intention was to try and draw in AM teams, what the hell is the use in announcing it a week in advance? Flights are far far more expensive at that point, hotels are tougher to book. It just makes no sense at all. I didn't see Snakebite's stream, but if he is arguing that the pros were told one thing and now a different thing has come out, well I see their side a bit more than I did previously.  I think the entire thing is absurd, but I do see that view in the argument as well as the AMs.

We need drama between the pros. Cratos served a good purpose, we need a new Cratos to help spice up the scene.

Even Cratos being Cratos didn't spice this scene up. There is nothing that will spice this scene up except for an entirely new game that isn't dogshit, and maybe a competent company at the forefront instead of 343/ESL.

i think their intentions for paying out top 16 was to reward the people who showed up (and cause EU got fucked), not necessarily to draw more people to the event

that's what they should have done but ya know

• Upvote (+1) 4

I personally believe that if ESL announced on Day 1 that 9-16 placings would get money while at the same time explaining that they're not affecting the prize pool for 1-8.. everyone would be more comfortable. Not 100% happy, but way more comfortable with these type of decisions. 

• Upvote (+1) 1