CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Anyway... What are your guys predictions for ATL?

Your team getting relegated by Cratos' team is my prediction.

I will keep doubting you, no worries.

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@GunRanger It would be quite strange to seed the 4 EU Pro teams as 7-10 wouldn't it? Then that would play the EU teams against each other in Winners round 1.

I think they prefer it that way. It would be their "finals" in a sense, and then they can say two eu teams made top12. I know I saw something that showed them as those seeds, and symbolic posted str8 and ronin aren't seeded in the top8.

Before they decided to bring the two extra eu teams, the 1st and 2nd place eu teams were going to get the 7th and 8th seeds according.to the esl pdf. Whether the other eu teams get the 9th and 10th we'll see. This shouild have been announced

Maybe I'm one of the few who have this opinion, but if the purpose was to try to grow the scene(like that was the actual logic they had) they wouldn't wait until a week before the event to announce it no?

I have no dog in this fight, and could be completely off base, but that approach actually does seem like a decent way to grow the scene. Are any pros going to boycott the event because of this minor monetary redistribution? I would say no. But it will also inspire amateurs. So they bait and switched you. It happens. And even if the pros don't like it, they need future teams to compete against, right? Good for the scene. Good for the pros. Good for the amateurs.

Maybe I'm missing something though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The main argument i see from pros is that they didn't get money when they were AMs so AMs today don't deserve money. I kind of understand where both sides are coming from but this argument is garbage. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyway... What are your guys predictions for ATL?

1. OG

2. NV

3. SPY

4. TL

5. OS

6. RN

7. EG

8. INV

9. Str8

10. LG

11. ERA

12. WG

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why was this guy banned and Lethul wasn't?

still never told us your placings
  • Upvote (+1) 7

C

O

O

P

E

R

:kappa:

i hope so, it'll be the 2nd time I made him my bitch except this time instead of winning worlds I just had to reply with 4-5 words and watch him rant
  • Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This attitude of "it sucked for me so it should suck for them too" needs to stop. I get it, competing as an amateur was even harder back in the day, but the amount of money the AMs are getting at ATL is not that much; it's not even enough to cover travel & rooming costs for most people. The way some of the pros feel about AM rewards is just vile and greedy.

On another note, Elamite pretty much shut down his brother with this tweet 

A lot of players paved the way (cue T2 lunch money story time), I'm not saying it should suck for them today - but no one has really said anything about why 1/3rd of players should be getting paid today. Yes it takes money, time, etc to get to the top level but it isn't a charity or goodwill. You need to work to get to the top in most cases.

I rather see those work for it, but hey maybe it's just me thinking because you made it to round 3 you shouldn't already be in the money. I'm sure most see it as a positive and so do I. I just wish we had more teams so it wasn't an issue, this would be incredible with 100-200 teams - not 50.

All I know is at St. Louis we played our first round against a team who was already top 16, since the 8 teams from open advanced to champ bracket and we won fathom flag in 3 minutes while frosty had 0 kills 0 assists 0 damage and never fired a gun, threw a grenade, or a beat down. Imagining that when I think of the 13-16 teams getting paid probably helps with my opinion.

I remember watching Brad stream one time and he said before the game " k watch I'm not even gonna shoot my gun" and by God he didn't. this one was on truth tho. 

A lot of players paved the way (cue T2 lunch money story time), I'm not saying it should suck for them today - but no one has really said anything about why 1/3rd of players should be getting paid today. Yes it takes money, time, etc to get to the top level but it isn't a charity or goodwill. You need to work to get to the top in most cases.

I rather see those work for it, but hey maybe it's just me thinking because you made it to round 3 you shouldn't already be in the money. I'm sure most see it as a positive and so do I. I just wish we had more teams so it wasn't an issue, this would be incredible with 100-200 teams - not 50.

?? People have been saying that this is a good move to incentivize more AMs team, and give some money so people can continue playing in the AM scene.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

?? People have been saying that this is a good move to incentivize more AMs team, and give some money so people can continue playing in the AM scene.

I get that, but this move isn't going to change the game and bring back that many like there once were (if any). It really seems like a last ditch effort if anything.