CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

so you honestly think the pros spend more time than other people playing this game? just because their better does not mean their work ethic is any better.

they should be rewarded of course for placing higher, but the idea that all other competitors low placing = lack of effort = no reward is quite silly. 

Work ethic does not mean entitlement to money. No pro is saying AMs shouldn't get money, the distribution just sucks.

It's easy as fuck to get Top 16 at ATL. The top 5-8th teams should be getting that money instead.

"incentive to grow the scene" (lmao) is not a means for handouts.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

http://twitter.com/Elamite/status/885981903827869696

Why is embedding such a piece of shit on mobile? It works 50% of the time at best.

After thinking it over I guess the prize distribution doesn't bother me. The reason for the heavy 9-16 payouts is undoubtedly the fact that 4 of those spots will be taken by EU teams who've been screwed out of a Finals LAN of their own. It's likely that if EU had gotten their own LAN instead, Dreamhack's prize pool would never have been raised to 200k and we'd instead be looking at a 150k with all NA teams.

In a perfect world they'd have done a mini 20k tournament with the top 4 EU teams on Friday, with the winner (or top 2) being integrated into the main championship bracket on top of whatever prize money they earned.

The extra 50k is from crowd funding not the eu pool. But yes it's obvious 9-12 pool is large for the eu teams.

7/8 is making more in halo than it would in Cod at this tourney. If pros want more money tell esl to stop paying for travel and put that in the top8 pool.

• Upvote (+1) 3

link didn't work

you moaned about the prize distribution not being top heavy enough which implies you think you are owed more for playing this game than the people running the show do. 

that coupled with low viewership and interest in halo 5, as well as your obviously uncaring mentality with regards to ams is why I paraphrased you.

plus it's been your whole act for years to be the sarcastic douchebag

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Work ethic does not mean entitlement to money. No pro is saying AMs shouldn't get money, the distribution just sucks.

It's easy as fuck to get Top 16 at ATL. The top 5-8th teams should be getting that money instead.

"incentive to grow the scene" (lmao) is not a means for handouts.

Can you link to pros saying that they just have problems with the distribution?

you moaned about the prize distribution not being top heavy enough which implies you think you are owed more for playing this game than the people running the show do. 

that coupled with low viewership and interest in halo 5, as well as your obviously uncaring mentality with regards to ams is why I paraphrased you.

expect an unoriginal, basic sarcastic response

Can you link to pros saying that they just have problems with the distribution?

Go watch Royal 2's rebroadcast.

plus it's been your whole act for years to be the sarcastic douchebag

Incorrect. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Go watch Royal 2's rebroadcast.

They don't have time for that, they are really busy people. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Incorrect. 

expect an unoriginal, basic sarcastic response

well done. but i guess he's predictable at this point, as his personality hasn't had any real growth since he was 14. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

The extra 50k is from crowd funding not the eu pool. But yes it's obvious 9-12 pool is large for the eu teams.

Crowd funding from what? I don't remember hearing about any crowd funding for Atlanta and then suddenly they just drop 50k on it?

The 50k was probably the prize pool from the scrapped EU finals.

i cant believe Ninja is complaining, the dude literally makes half million dollar a year and is complaining about 400 dollars ???

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

but the distribution...lmao.

it's funny that of all the things to complain about with regards to halo 5/343, the pros complain about the lack of top heavy distribution, rather than say, the low quality gameplay, low viewership, bad releases, bad decisions, lack of classic halo feel, lack of playable maps etc.

show you that their priorities are not the well being of the scene, but of their wallets. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

plus where is it written that because someone has decided to make a living off playing a potentially dead game, is now owed a paycheck?

it's funny that of all the things to complain about with regards to halo 5/343, the pros complain about the lack of top heavy distribution, rather than say, the low quality gameplay, low viewership, bad releases, bad decisions, lack of classic halo feel, lack of playable maps etc.

show you that their priorities are not the well being of the scene, but of their wallets. 

It's their way of compensating the EU teams who should have had their own season finals LAN. Instead they get a slightly higher portion of the NA prize pool than a team in their placing bracket should.

I mean... I would care more about the cash I was making than the series if I were them. Would I care about $200 though? Probably not. The money is going to help them live life when Halo is done and I'm pretty sure none of them are dumb enough to expect Halo to be all they do with their lives though

7/8 is making more in halo than it would in Cod at this tourney. If pros want more money tell esl to stop paying for travel and put that in the top8 pool.

I said it already but 9-12 is making more in halo than 7-8 in cod at this tourney  :wutface:

• Downvote (-1) 1

This is a fair point. I think it would be easier if we had someone from the Sandbox team to talk to.

I plan on talking to Tashi at ATL next week about Halo in general. He is quite a nice guy, even though he doesn't really post here. I love talking about Halo mechanics.

I think it wouldn't be the smartest of moves if Halo kept going on with the advanced movement gimmicks when majority of games are returning to what made them popular ( eg. WW2), or refining what made them popular (eg. Destiny 2).

• Upvote (+1) 4

i cant believe Ninja is complaining, the dude literally makes half million dollar a year and is complaining about 400 dollars ???

He's not talking about himself,  but to be honest he literally loses money the four days he's not streaming. At some point somethings gotta give.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Then some of the initially announced 150k (or whatever it was) prize pool was probably from the scrapped EU Finals. Either way, my point stands. This event essentially serves as both the NA and EU finals and the EU teams will deservingly get paid at least a little bit.

Now I really hope LG lose to an EU team and place top 16 lmao

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean... I would care more about the cash I was making than the series if I were them. Would I care about $200 though? Probably not. The money is going to help them live life when Halo is done and I'm pretty sure none of them are dumb enough to expect Halo to be all they do with their lives though

but that is precisely what some of them have done.

how many of the pros have legit prospects outside of this game? 

not a dig, but a serious question.

MS/343 don't owe them a living because of their decisions. 

plus caring for the scene is acting in their self interest.

if they only care about the quick buck and riding off into the sunset then it will damage the scene and them.

sort of like acting in the social interest is acting in self interest theory of economics. 

I said it already but 9-12 is making more in halo than 7-8 in cod at this tourney  :wutface:

halo is run by Bernie Sanders. What's the problem?

CoD's distribution kind of sucks tbh. 1st got 80k but 7/8 only getting 4k, when there arent many open lans doesnt add up.

• Upvote (+1) 5