CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yes I will never get accepted into a college, I've tried multiple times but they just don't even give me a chance. 

log off now, you're just embarrassing yourself. 

honestly can't get my head around how petty and insecure you are. 

for the biggest troll in this scene you cannot take a single ounce of criticism well. you're wrong on this one, like a lot of other things.

hopefully one day we'll see this much defensiveness for a legit concern, like maybe, Halo being a good game again? 

• Downvote (-1) 3

Dude you made almost 500k USD playing a dead eSports shooter, and you're upset some random ams will be able to come away from this event without having to max their credit cards all so you and BtH can have a couple hundred more to blow at a nightclub and get some Yeezy's over? No one is saying take from the rich to give to the poor, but one event where the non-top 8 get a little more won't hurt anything. In fact it may be enough incentive for those guys to stick around long enough for H6 competition rather than bail to CoD WWII or Overwatch or whatever

Seriously...like someone else said, it's just straight up greed. Honestly sad to see.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You can't roast someone's intelligence and act smart but use the wrong "your" mannnnnnnnn

edited thanks

Umm pros are lucky as hell to be getting the money they're getting for playing this game. I get they put in a good chunk of time, but players were putting in way more time in the h1-h2 days and getting significantly less despite them being far more popular games. Dogshit viewer/player base. Be thankful you even have this game to be "pro" in.

log off now, you're just embarrassing yourself. 

honestly can't get my head around how petty and insecure you are. 

for the biggest troll in this scene you cannot take a single ounce of criticism well. you're wrong on this one, like a lot of other things.

hopefully one day we'll see this much defensiveness for a legit concern, like maybe, Halo being a good game again? 

You're insecure lol

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I'm gonna take a guess here and assume you're living a very unfulfilled life and don't have much going on based off of your last page of responses

You know who else drove a Mercedes? Adolf :kappa:

You're insecure lol

"no you are"

case in point. 14 year old. 

grow up please, stop being so narrow minded, greedy, selfish, and get a little perspective. 

• Downvote (-1) 10

"no you are"

case in point. 14 year old. 

grow up please, stop being so narrow minded, greedy, selfish, and get a little perspective. 

I'm not greedy or selfish

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not greedy or selfish

you clearly are.

"we deserve more money to play this dead game that no one watches and the AMs can suck it ahahah my name is TJ and i'm cool cause i act like a douche on purpose lol" 

unbelievable. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

After thinking it over I guess the prize distribution doesn't bother me. The reason for the heavy 9-16 payouts is undoubtedly the fact that 4 of those spots will be taken by EU teams who've been screwed out of a Finals LAN of their own. It's likely that if EU had gotten their own LAN instead, Dreamhack's prize pool would never have been raised to 200k and we'd instead be looking at a 150k with all NA teams.

In a perfect world they'd have done a mini 20k tournament with the top 4 EU teams on Friday, with the winner (or top 2) being integrated into the main championship bracket on top of whatever prize money they earned.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah that'll really motivate more teams to come, good thinking

You're entirely missing the point.

Let's say 50 teams total show up to Atlanta.  Top 16 get paid out.  You're telling me you honestly think 32% of the teams attending should place in the money?

Obviously you need to reward players for putting in time, effort, and money to make it to these events and perform well, but it in this scenario it does not make sense purely from a monetary standpoint based on the low numbers of teams competing.

Not to bring up the "golden years" of MLG again, but this is something they did right.  In a tournament of 256 teams, those who made it to the championship bracket were rewarded.  Top 8 received money and 9-16 received stipends - in both cases obviously motivating players to return to future events and continue competing.  Amateur players received those glorious MLG pro points to help make your team's seed in the open bracket better and better each tournament, thus motivating players to continue to play and come to events without the use of money.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm just glad we stopped paying the best in the world so much. I mean the people that are worse deserve more money. The best players are so greedy lol they put more time and effort into being the best and they just expect so much. Unbelievable.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 4

You're entirely missing the point.

Let's say 50 teams total show up to Atlanta.  Top 16 get paid out.  You're telling me you honestly think 32% of the teams attending should place in the money?

Obviously you need to reward players for putting in time, effort, and money to make it to these events and perform well, but it in this scenario it does not make sense purely from a monetary standpoint based on the low numbers of teams competing.

Not to bring up the "golden years" of MLG again, but this is something they did right.  In a tournament of 256 teams, those who made it to the championship bracket were rewarded.  Top 8 (pro) received money and 9-16 (semi-pro) received stipends - in both cases obviously motivating players to return to future events and continue competing.  Amateur players received those glorious MLG pro points to help make your team's seed in the open bracket better and better each tournament, thus motivating players to continue to play and come to events without the use of money.

inflation means that it costs much more now to attend events. low wages added to this don't help either.

i get your point, but this is not an issue that should be of any concern to a contracted professional who is salaried and has travel/hotel costs covered.

it's petty, and frankly not the biggest problem right now. 

Umm pros are lucky as hell to be getting the money they're getting for playing this game. I get they put in a good chunk of time, but players were putting in way more time in the h1-h2 days and getting significantly less despite them being far more popular games. Dogshit viewer/player base. Be thankful you even have this game to be "pro" in.

I 1000000% agree we're incredibly lucky for the prize pool to be what it is for this game but saying people put in way more time in the h1-h2 days is just wrong

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm just glad we stopped paying the best in the world so much. I mean the people that are worse deserve more money. The best players are so greedy lol they put more time and effort into being the best and they just expect so much. Unbelievable.

so you honestly think the pros spend more time than other people playing this game? just because their better does not mean their work ethic is any better.

they should be rewarded of course for placing higher, but the idea that all other competitors low placing = lack of effort = no reward is quite silly. 

you clearly are.

"we deserve more money to play this dead game that no one watches and the AMs can suck it ahahah my name is TJ and i'm cool cause i act like a douche on purpose lol" 

unbelievable. 

I don't remember saying that can you link me?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Hey uh none of you guys are funny, if you want to prevent cancer consider stepping out in front of the shuttle that's running in front of the hotel on the hour, thank you. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

We never stopped paying the best in the world so much....

In fact, we started paying them literally up to 1000% of what they used to make playing Halo. 

Now, they are mad that mere hundreds of dollars are being taken out of their already VERY artificially inflated prizepools to go to AMs who not only take home nothing (not even pro points), but also usually have to pay out of pocket to attend events - AND they aren't on salaries! And it adds huge incentive to AMs to come out to events whereas previously there was nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 3