CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No offense, but it would be nice for ams and people outside of top 8 to make some more cash to buy better controllers, monitors, generally make life a little easier. I have always felt a more evenly distributed prize pool is better than stacking top 4 like crazy. It helps grow the scene if more than OpTic and NV and Liquid actually make some money. I mean H5 has paid out more to some Pros in 1.5 years than people made playing past Halos for over a decade. H5 is a dead game in terms of mindshare, esports viewerships and yet the money given is nuts compared to others.

not to mention half the pros are well salaried.

it's the absolute height of greed and egotism. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

No offense, but it would be nice for ams and people outside of top 8 to make some more cash to buy better controllers, monitors, generally make life a little easier. I have always felt a more evenly distributed prize pool is better than stacking top 4 like crazy. It helps grow the scene if more than OpTic and NV and Liquid actually make some money. I mean H5 has paid out more to some Pros in 1.5 years than people made playing past Halos for over a decade. H5 is a dead game in terms of mindshare, esports viewerships and yet the money given is nuts compared to others.

i think if you add up every prize pool from the MLG still don't make the 2016 Worlds Prizepool.

I think the money arguement shows that we need more lans even if each has a smaller payout (100-200k) vs blowing all our money one one lan and trying to string together a few more throughout the year to keep interest alive.

If we had 5 more 200k events vs one 1mil event on top of the existing lands and top 12 payout, it would allow for the teams at the lower end of payout range to make consistent money and maybe stick together and continue to encourage am participation. Hopefully it would also bring in orgs that can give some sort of salary to players to supplement winnings

• Upvote (+1) 7

literally cannot believe any pros are complaining about this prize payout ... MLG points are no longer a thing, there's zero problem with giving AMs an incentive.  you're all making more from H5 than you deserve, frankly

• Upvote (+1) 9

literally cannot believe any pros are complaining about this prize payout ... MLG points are no longer a thing, there's zero problem with giving AMs an incentive.  you're all making more from H5 than you deserve, frankly

precisely

people weren't making close to the amount nowadays despite H2/H3's amazing turnout at events and spectators. 

i'm genuinely dumbfounded it's possible to be this narrow minded and selfish

precisely

people weren't making close to the amount nowadays despite H2/H3's amazing turnout at events and spectators. 

i'm genuinely dumbfounded it's possible to be this narrow minded and selfish

Yea every halo pro not on the top 3 teams are making INSANE money 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 7

I still think if they want to help AM teams and create incentive to keep showing up they need an individual point system and to hit every team in the top 16 with a stipend to make it to every event once rosters lock. Just make it so traveling across the country isn't really a struggle once you're considered one of the better teams. $500 each at 13-16 is probably enough to cover your round trip plane ticket and the hotel for the weekend assuming you're all in the same rooms and things are kinda on the cheap side.

what is your actual complaint here? seriously?

just making yourself look like a petty moron

no surprise there i guess though been that your whole life

I'm gonna take a guess here and assume you're living a very unfulfilled life and don't have much going on based off of your last page of responses

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 20

You should suggest that to Josh on Twitter and see what he says.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-%E2%80%93-july-3/83b30c6c-c28c-4c84-9130-eac08517a927/posts?page=6#post118

If I could respond, I would say it doesn't matter if they leave before the game clock starts because NOBODY HAS BEEN IN COMBAT YET AND YOU CAN NOT TELL WHICH TEAM IS GOING TO WIN.

I'm gonna take a guess here and assume you're living a very unfulfilled life and don't have much going on based off of your last page of responses

says the guy sat in his room all day playing a dead ass video game for hundreds of thousands of dollars and still finding the time to complain about a good thing as if it somehow infringes on his rights? like how bad must your life be if all this "success" can't leave you happy and content? 

seriously grow up dude, you've always been a petty troll, you'll never change. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I can only see top 16 payout as a viable option if there is a full 128 or 256 team bracket.

But if there are only 50 teams and top 16 get paid out then that’s an issue.

Dreamhack should really only be top 8.

Yeah that'll really motivate more teams to come, good thinking 

says the guy sat in his room all day playing a dead ass video game for hundreds of thousands of dollars and still finding the time to complain about a good thing as if it somehow infringes on his rights? like how bad must your life be if all this "success" can't leave you happy and content? 

seriously grow up dude, you've always been a petty troll, you'll never change. 

I am very happy lmao I would just prefer our trash dead game to get something right for once, and paying all of the 9-16th best teams isn't it. But hey you seem like you're doing well and are great at what you do so keep it up man #117 #MasterChief 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 19

This whole arguments feels like top earner shutting down a minimum wage raise.

nah it's more like a no lifer just complaining 'cause he developed a trash personality out of necessity because there was literally nothing else going for him. spent years on the low end of the better halos, makes bank playing the worst of them and still sticks to the old shtick of being an absolute asshat because some people find it endearing

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 8

The more I think about it, it is truly unfathomable how some of these pros come to the conclusion that this is radically unfair to them. They are losing such a tiny amount of money when considering that the extra money distributed to the 9-16 teams (26000, which I think at worst is just a little too much) would instead be divided between the 32 pro players. It wouldn't be divided evenly obviously, but it comes down to $812 on average that each pro player would stand to lose. Considering they are already walking home with thousands to play a completely irrelevant video game, $812 is a very small price to pay for the HEALTH OF THE DYING SCENE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE THE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN THE FIRST PLACE. I mean seriously, how selfish and narrow minded must you be to not see that the benefit to the scene of top 16 getting paid is greater than the pros having their already sizable prizepools padded a tiny bit?

If I had my way, top 12 would get paid, not top 16, because the player pool is too small and top 16 teams are frankly not too impressive. But it is not a BAD thing for them to get paid, just not ideal.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am very happy lmao I would just prefer our trash dead game to get something right for once, and paying all of the 9-16th best teams isn't it. But hey you seem like you're doing well and are great at what you do so keep it up man #117 #MasterChief 

so apg getting a little extra money is the right thing "for once", but all the shitty mechanics, bad releases, terrible settings and general bad decisions get a free pass?

you're so full of shit TJ

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yea every halo pro not on the top 3 teams are making INSANE money 

they're making more than they would have in H3, which had 10x the playerbase.  

you've somehow managed to make $400k in the past couple years because Microsoft executives were convinced that the word "esports" is a thing, maybe don't rock the boat

• Upvote (+1) 6

so apg getting a little etra money is the right thing "for once", but all the shitty mechanics, bad releases, terrible settings and general bad decisions get a free pass?

you're so full of shit TJ

Yes that is what I'm saying man, you hit the nail on the head. I knew I saw some potential in you. Definitely the sharpest tool in the shed. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I just don't like how it was announced last minute. I think it would have attracted more teams if it was announced like this from the get go.

I am gonna stop talking about it as it's turning into an insult war.

People just need to take a breather for a second. Anyways, was an interesting discussion while it lasted. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yes that is what I'm saying man, you hit the nail on the head. I knew I saw some potential in you. Definitely the sharpest tool in the shed. 

see you act like some sort of edgy internet intellectual, but i know for a fact you failed in high school so badly you will never even get accepted into college.

your whole personality is literally a 14 year old who never grew up. 

you'd think winning all that money playing a terrible game would have made you less bitter but alas that's not the case 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 8