CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I apologize for the double post now, but this top 16 shit has been literally driving me insane.

EVERY SINGLE PRO IS MAKING MORE MONEY AT THIS EVENT THAN THEY WERE SET TO MAKE 2 WEEKS AGO.

The prize pool was raised 50k (150k ----> 200k) at the last second, with half of that being given to AM team's attending the event. You literally gained 25k for the top 8 so they could pay AM's. Get over your fucking pro status.

NONE OF YOU ARE LOSING MONEY TO AM'S.

1st place gets 15k less than the other season finals events with a 50k prize pool increase
  • Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe this is why I find it more fun to watch. More things happening in a shorter amount of time.

Well you also cant forget that H1 would slow down to an almost 5 FPS crawl.

Halo 5 is almost to a consistent 60 FPS with thrusters that allow for much jerkier movements being made at rapid speeds.

Having someone clamber, thrust-evade a rocket, ground pound the flag guy, sprint away with no shields, shoulder charge an unsuspecting enemy, get away with another thrust and then clamber and make some sick jump to survive just isn't possible in another title. That is all very action packed but in the grand scheme of things didn't make the chessboard timer count down any quicker. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1st place gets 15k less than the other season finals events with a 50k prize pool increase

Finish second then and you're not losing out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why would he blame the other pro teams?

Every single Pro complained about how PL Finals only paid out 4 teams. Where did they think the money was going to come from to pay out even top 8? 4th place winnings?

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I could please not get re-directed every time I try to catch up on the drama of this website five or six times before I can load a page, that would be fantastic.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I apologize for the double post now, but this top 16 shit has been literally driving me insane.

EVERY SINGLE PRO IS MAKING MORE MONEY AT THIS EVENT THAN THEY WERE SET TO MAKE 2 WEEKS AGO.

The prize pool was raised 50k (150k ----> 200k) at the last second, with half of that being given to AM team's attending the event. You literally gained 25k for the top 8 so they could pay AM's. Get over your fucking pro status.

NONE OF YOU ARE LOSING MONEY TO AM'S.

Wrong

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If I could please not get re-directed every time I try to catch up on the drama of this website five or six times before I can load a page, that would be fantastic.

Please send us the url if you can, we can't stress this enough. Only 1-2 people actually do.

Maybe I was blind to it during h2 and h3 days, but people didn't complain about money as much. Seems they genuinely had more passion and love for the game, just to be on top. Now a days the tourneys arguably shell out more money than ever and people complain about money. Smh

• Upvote (+1) 5

I've done it twice and the last message I sent (like two days ago), I was told it was already reported to the ad company. Just airing my frustrations until it actually changes I guess.

LMAO you are fucking crazy if you think that

Downvoted for having an opinion  :mj:

Tell me what's so hard to watch with Gears? 

Are you telling me you still find the same fun watching Coli CTF at high level 2 years in with minimal weapon changes? Halo is super easy to watch but so is Gears. Gears has a new meta every round with each team picking the weapons and blocking certain power spots, it doesn't get stale if you actually know what's happening, to each to his own.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Every single Pro complained about how PL Finals only paid out 4 teams. Where did they think the money was going to come from to pay out even top 8? 4th place winnings?

probably the extra 50k at this event??? Are you forgetting that? If it was still 150k that would be a different argument.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Downvoted for having an opinion  :mj:

Tell me what's so hard to watch with Gears? 

Are you telling me you still find the same fun watching Coli CTF at high level 2 years in with minimal weapon changes? Halo is super easy to watch but so is Gears. Gears has a new meta every round with each team picking the weapons and blocking certain power spots, it doesn't get stale if you actually know what's happening, to each to his own.

Gears gives me a headache with all the screen shaking and fast camera movements that come with the cover system. 

Unless Gears changes its gameplay and presentation entirely, I just can't watch it at a high level - it literally hurts.

• Upvote (+1) 7

This is just further confirmation of ESL downsizing the prize pool was every other pro league was 150k without crowdfunding yet the total prize pool is only 200k after adding 100k.

God I really hope after Denver that ESL is no longer in charge anymore.

Well you also cant forget that H1 would slow down to an almost 5 FPS crawl.

Halo 5 is almost to a consistent 60 FPS with thrusters that allow for much jerkier movements being made at rapid speeds.

Having someone clamber, thrust-evade a rocket, ground pound the flag guy, sprint away with no shields, shoulder charge an unsuspecting enemy, get away with another thrust and then clamber and make some sick jump to survive just isn't possible in another title.

You may not have played it but there's this little indie game called call of duty IW.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe I was blind to it during h2 and h3 days, but people didn't complain about money as much. Seems they genuinely had more passion and love for the game, just to be on top. Now a days the tourneys arguably shell out more money than ever and people complain about money. Smh

In H3 we complained that the prize pool never increased for 4? years. The distribution was basically the same as it is for this event though if you count stipends. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does the prize pool demotivate pros to play in the tourney somehow or is it that they just want the money paid to the top 8 because that makes it mean something? 

My main issue is I feel like they're doing this solely in hopes of increasing attendance and viewership (I fully support giving 9-16 $400/$500 a player to help with travel) but  then they should've released this info over a month ago to get AMs hype not release it A WEEK before the event lol

• Upvote (+1) 7

My main issue is I feel like they're doing this solely in hopes of increasing attendance and viewership (I fully support giving 9-16 $400/$500 a player to help with travel) but then they should've released this info over a month ago to get AMs hype not release it A WEEK before the event lol

For this event, sure its probably too late to make a difference, but if AMs win back their expenses in prize money this event it means they can make it to the next. And so on and so on.

Complaining about the prize pool is really short sighted.

AMs have to pay the same flight, hotel and team pass fees as Pros do, except you can all but guarantee those fees won't be covered by an org. 

I believe that the Pro teams have their travel, food and lodging covered by ESL for the events?

• Upvote (+1) 4

probably the extra 50k at this event??? Are you forgetting that? If it was still 150k that would be a different argument.

If I told you today that the prize pool for Atlanta was 175k total for the top 8 is anyone complaining?

No, they wouldn't. Because that is literally the exact same as the last PL final +25k for the 4-8 teams, plus the money earned from actually competing in the Pro League, plus the travel expenses paid for all of the PL teams. 

• Upvote (+1) 3