CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

deleted tweet :\

Aww - it was Gfinity jabbing at the whole balloons thing from Worlds. Was a good tweet aha.

I'll probably give this it's own thread, but here's another one of the best grenade tricks possible. McDick is a genius and a few of these are most likely never seen before. Skip to about 1:00 in if you want to see him get both Rockets and Sniper up to top green on damnation.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Most likely going to get negged for this but "competitive" H4 was low key fast as hell. :wutface:

For all the wrong reasons..

H4 wasn't that bad competitively honestly. Agl had some good tourneys to watch. It would have been more enjoyable if the maps were better (abandon is backwash's cousin) and the br didn't sound like shit. The br sound was such an abomination. It's the only halo that is better on mute.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Oklahoma, you gawd damn right boi e27.png

Oklahoma represent  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think one of the big reasons I enjoyed watching H3 so much more then I do h5 is due to h5 feeling pointless and dead.

H3 was so alive. It was palpable. I was in bnet private groups that were more active then the entirety of Waypoint these days. So many people played it. So many people cared deeply about. So many people cared about being good at it. Pros were truly the best of the best. Competition was fierce.

Nowadays the game is a ghost town. The small remaining comp scene only exists due to prize pools not passion. Nobody plays. Nobody cares. The competition is low because the best console fps players don't play halo anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Aww - it was Gfinity jabbing at the whole balloons thing from Worlds. Was a good tweet aha.

AAAAwwww man that tweet was great.  Someone needs to learn to sack up and get over it if they were forced to take that down.

I think one of the big reasons I enjoyed watching H3 so much more then I do h5 is due to h5 feeling pointless and dead.

H3 was so alive. It was palpable. I was in bnet private groups that were more active then the entirety of Waypoint these days. So many people played it. So many people cared deeply about. So many people cared about being good at it. Pros were truly the best of the best. Competition was fierce.

Nowadays the game is a ghost town. The small remaining comp scene only exists due to prize pools not passion. Nobody plays. Nobody cares. The competition is low because the best console fps players don't play halo anymore.

Of course. A game that you yourself enjoy, and that has a bigger more passionate community base, is always going to be more enjoyable to watch.

IMO H5 at the highest competitive level is super fun to watch. Watching pros do all the things that I cant do, watching tense matches, etc. The problem is that the game itself for a lot of people isnt as enjoyable as CE/H2/H3. I get burned out so fast playing H5, everything feels frustrating. So of course its going to be hard to have more enjoyment watching H5 HCS than grand finals Carbon v FB H2.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Of course. A game that you yourself enjoy, and that has a bigger more passionate community base, is always going to be more enjoyable to watch.

IMO H5 at the highest competitive level is super fun to watch. Watching pros do all the things that I cant do, watching tense matches, etc. The problem is that the game itself for a lot of people isnt as enjoyable as CE/H2/H3. I get burned out so fast playing H5, everything feels frustrating. So of course its going to be hard to have more enjoyment watching H5 HCS than grand finals Carbon v FB H2.

The problem is 343 Industries and that the community detests 90% of the employees at the forefront of the company and the Halo Championship Series. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Overall, Halo has always been one of the most watchable and digestable eSports out there. I mean watch a professional Gears of War match and tell me its easier to watch than Halo.

Even Halo games past H3 are still infinitely more watchable and easy to understand for someone who has never picked up the game.

That's why it's such a shame that we wasted all that potential with such terrible settings, playlist fracturing, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hop my my PC for a quick game of Paladins on my lunch break and it went a little something like this:

Login to the game and see in game a link to something going on at Dreamhack Valencia.  Eh, its the console players of a game that is best on PC.  Not really interested, buuuuuut... if i click i get free skins?? sure, why not.

Click said button, Twitch opens.

I see 23,000 viewers watching the CONSOLE version of a F2P game and think "WTF is this?"

Somehow get sucked in,  (Casters of this "beta" game that is just starting its esport run are good?  wow.)

Spend lunch break watching game and eating pizza. adding a viewer to the count.

All because of a link in the game and free skin offer.

Has HCS offered skins for anything other than actually going to an event or just for straight purchase?  I watch pretty much everything and don't remember seeing anything that didn't cost money....??

I dont understand how a F2P game can come out with more frequent updates and leverage simple tactics like this better than a billion dollar franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You can't watch MCC H3 to make your determination about how unpredictable the BR was. Yes, it was still somewhat random on OG H3, but not NEARLY as bad as MCC makes it out to be.

Online H3 was cancer, what are you talking about.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I'll take Halo 1 LAN community with Halo 2 Gameplay with Halo 3 Advertising and Halo 4....nevermind with Halo 5 Pool Prizing.

With you on that!

• Upvote (+1) 2

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOY

he's right, AGL/evolved settings were not bad.  I watched basically every AGL, was actually entertained most of the time.  maps were 100% garbage though

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Online H3 was cancer, what are you talking about.

It wasn't that bad. Most people who made it out to be as bad as you are tended to just be bad. Hundreds of thousands of people loved playing H3 every day, it was just the tiny MLG forum population which was complaining about spread nonstop. On good connections it was fine.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ninja digging at current ams on Twitter, this whole prize pool thing is dumb, can't see Ninja holding onto that pro spot for long anyway.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Some of the pros in this scene would gladly watch the entire thing fall apart around them for a couple hundred dollars. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I apologize for the double post now, but this top 16 shit has been literally driving me insane.

EVERY SINGLE PRO IS MAKING MORE MONEY AT THIS EVENT THAN THEY WERE SET TO 2 WEEKS AGO.

The prize pool was raised 50k (150k ----> 200k) at the last second, with half of that being given to AM team's attending the event. You literally gained 25k for the top 8 so they could pay AM's. Get over your fucking pro status.

NONE OF YOU ARE LOSING MONEY TO AM'S.

Damn entitled millennials :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't mind AM getting paid, seems weird though that (roughly) 1/3 of teams attending are getting prizes though.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean watch a professional Gears of War match and tell me its easier to watch than Halo.

It's easier to watch than Halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5