CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Cant watch Halo 3 without thinking about shot registration, the BR spread, etc.

Playing it is even worse. Not to say Halo 5 is perfect but Halo 3 is far from it too.

Yeah watching H3 now feels weird, you are never sure if the shots landed
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I can't play h3 without thinking about how awesome it is to move around and shoot at the same time.

What a novel concept

Also it becomes hard to stop thinking about how shit halo has become.

Then it's sad. The realisation hits that Halo will always be a fad chaser now and the golden years are over.

• Upvote (+1) 6

People did not get 3 caps in 2 minutes often. More people have goosed in h5 than any other halo. H5 is definitely faster than h3.

You must have never seen a Warlock/Midship flag run with the correct setup then. It's an easy pull, throw, catch, throw, cap, rinse, repeat if you have the right setup and it goes fast as hell. Same goes for Amplified/Onslaught CTF.

This is a serious question, not trying to come across as an ass, but have you been around competitive Halo for a long time or a more recent guy? I know I've seen you post a lot on here about Halo 5 and some about recent titles, but genuinely trying to figure it out.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 3 was a lot of fun for me when it came out but looking back at it there were plenty of issues that I don't know how I put up with. Mainly the hit registration and BR spread, but things like the incredibly sluggish movement, poor aiming, and overall lack of depth in terms of gameplay. We used to use the term linear aggression to sum up Halo 3's meta game and I think that it's relatively true. The maps were pretty good and even outside of MLG they promoted getting into range which worked well with the Halo 3 BR (this is why standoff was ok in that game and terrible in Halo 5). Onslaught and Amplified were trash though even if they were fun. I can't think of an easier spawn trap in any game than onslaught H3.

edit: Who was streaming these games last night? Looking for a rebroadcast

• Upvote (+1) 1

h2 is just flat out better than h3, gameplay wise

h3 is a better overall game imo (more features)

and CE trumps all

• Upvote (+1) 3

You must have never seen a Warlock/Midship flag run with the correct setup then. It's an easy pull, throw, catch, throw, cap, rinse, repeat if you have the right setup and it goes fast as hell. Same goes for Amplified/Onslaught CTF.

This is a serious question, not trying to come across as an ass, but have you been around competitive Halo for a long time or a more recent guy? I know I've seen you post a lot on here about Halo 5 and some about recent titles, but genuinely trying to figure it out.

http://profile.majorleaguegaming.com/GunRanger/

I probably have more h2 games played online than anyone here. 3caps in 2minutes was not a common thing back then

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 3 was a lot of fun for me when it came out but looking back at it there were plenty of issues that I don't know how I put up with. Mainly the hit registration and BR spread, but things like the incredibly sluggish movement, poor aiming, and overall lack of depth in terms of gameplay. We used to use the term linear aggression to sum up Halo 3's meta game and I think that it's relatively true. The maps were pretty good and even outside of MLG they promoted getting into range which worked well with the Halo 3 BR (this is why standoff was ok in that game and terrible in Halo 5). Onslaught and Amplified were trash though even if they were fun. I can't think of an easier spawn trap in any game than onslaught H3.

edit: Who was streaming these games last night? Looking for a rebroadcast

I think lethul was.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This. How many time did a Pit Flag game ended before the second overshield came back?.

How many times a fathom flag finished before overtime?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

How many times a fathom flag finished before overtime? :kappa:

one of the main issues affecting Fathon is the flagnum. No longer flag carriers are free kills

CTF Battle Creek - Halo CE...

where you can finish the game in 30 seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

h2 is just flat out better than h3, gameplay wise

h3 is a better overall game imo (more features)

I see why people like H2 more than H3, but the games have their separate issues regarding gameplay, and I think it's important to distinguish them because not every issue with H3 can be seen as outright worse than H2, and vice versa.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

one of the main issues affecting Fathon is the flagnum. No longer flag carriers are free kills

No doubt but I was just bringing out the irony in all of this. H3 has fast and slow gametypes and so does H5, speed isn't any measure of quality there are a lot of different factors that go into it. 

CE is still the fastest though..

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many times a fathom flag finished before overtime?  :kappa:

When fathom comes on that's my cue to go and make a cup of tea. It's so long, boring to watch and usually ends up happening twice anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm happy to hear some similar opinions as myself. When I heard H3 backwards compatibility, I thought I was the only one not excited. H5 is just so much faster and fun to watch, and yeah the BR is just so unpredictable

• Upvote (+1) 1

They've been doing these tests since Reach was released with sprint. Faster movement and kill times =/= faster gameplay. Just more actions on the screen at a time.

Maybe this is why I find it more fun to watch. More things happening in a shorter amount of time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Most likely going to get negged for this but "competitive" H4 was low key fast as hell.  :wutface:

For all the wrong reasons..

• Upvote (+1) 1

Boo, that didn't even rhyme.

(I also don't get the reference)

It was at MLG Dallas. A bunch of Halo players were watching two coaches ScarJordan and TDK (who was in a wheelchair) "freestyle" and before they even go, Scar punches TDK in the face twice and then proceeds to get folded by like 5 dudes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can't watch MCC H3 to make your determination about how unpredictable the BR was. Yes, it was still somewhat random on OG H3, but not NEARLY as bad as MCC makes it out to be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can't watch MCC H3 to make your determination about how unpredictable the BR was. Yes, it was still somewhat random on OG H3, but not NEARLY as bad as MCC makes it out to be.

Alright, I'll wait for H3 to become BC so I can make the exact same post.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1