CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

there's no doubting his ability, he's easily top 2, but watching streams it just seems weird how much he lectures/rages 

probably says more about me tbh

Eh Royal 2 complains about everything and gets easily tilted, while Frosty thinks his Halo knowledge is miles ahead anyone else in the game. Lethul's pretty chill for the most part.

I honestly think that if Snakebite wasn't there to snap everyone back to reality with his lectures that you find cringe Royal 2 and Frosty would eat each other alive while Lethul trolls them with that smirk of his.

• Upvote (+1) 3

THIS IS THE WAY THAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE. Matchmaking did its job almost perfectly. TJ is smurfing on a low Onyx account. He has a low CSR but very high MMR based on how he played during his placement matches and all matches leading up to this game. The score was 3-2 which is as close of a game as possible as you can get in CTF. The game lasted almost 12 minutes which shows the competitiveness of this particular game.

He has plats on his team because the system realized that TJ is NOT a "real" low level Onyx player -- he's much better than that. Had the system given TJ teammates that were just as good as the other team -- if he had diamonds on his team and not plats -- the score likely would have been a 3-0 in TJ's favor which is not what matchmaking is intended to do.

This exactly.  The matchmaker actually did a really good job putting a fair game together given what it had to work with.  

Thats not to say he should be happy about that, its still a totally frustrating game to play, but the blame should be on the population of the game and the lack of in-game explanation for how searching actually works.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

THIS IS THE WAY THAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE. Matchmaking did its job almost perfectly. TJ is smurfing on a low Onyx account. He has a low CSR but very high MMR based on how he played during his placement matches and all matches leading up to this game. The score was 3-2 which is as close of a game as possible as you can get in CTF. The game lasted almost 12 minutes which shows the competitiveness of this particular game.

He has plats on his team because the system realized that TJ is NOT a "real" low level Onyx player -- he's much better than that. Had the system given TJ teammates that were just as good as the other team -- if he had diamonds on his team and not plats -- the score likely would have been a 3-0 in TJ's favor which is not what matchmaking is intended to do.

I think a lot of the confusion comes from the system knowing TJ isn't a real low onyx but TJ's rank is a low onyx. There is a discrepancy between the hidden ranks and the ranks you see a lot of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 4

All this talk about matchmaking being bad, it can be a lot worse ;)

• Upvote (+1) 6

I also have been analyzing the OG comms too. At the end of pretty much every game Snakebite gets right into what he saw went wrong, win or lose. If it has to do with a specific play someone made, it usually gets a rebuttal, to which PJ will either then call out everyone's exact position at that point and why he thinks it should have went another way, or (more importantly) he'll actually hear them out and agree that they are all smart enough to know if their play was probably their best option and that he may have just been misreading it.

He'll then move onto something(s) they did well to bring back a boost of morale.

Royal 2 and Frosty usually either rage or laugh about something that happened during the game, and then argue their plays that get called out.

Lethul usually goes into chat response mode. If he gets called out he'll respond. I feel like if I were to tune in to the post game lobby right after a game finished, I can tell how well they are playing on whether Lethul is participating in the convo or not. If he's seriously talking Halo and strats, then something probably not going right.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you are not in a panic right now, you are not watching enough CNN.   
CNN and panic!

No thanks I'll Netflix and chill. 

jk.  I am all for Net Neutrality.  The big bright red sign just seemed a little over the top to me. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Right there ^^. You're splitting a split hair there.  You implied it strongly.  You're not getting off on a technicality just because the statements have a comma in the middle, sorry.

Also, nobody has been calling him a pro?  They're just saying that AM =/= you suck. Combine that with grind time plus the number of unknown players he teamed with that ended up going pro and people have a modicum of respect for him.

Maybe if they didnt do stupid shit like bring back ranked snipers this wouldn't be an issue.

I clearly said in the video, a video was made of him being terrible while pro. Have you seen the video in question? Watch it, then either admit you are wrong or learn some actual reading comprehension. 

• Downvote (-1) 4

SHEESH, just went back and you're 100% correct lmao.

EDIT; Entirely unrelated, but today is kind of the official/unofficial Net Neutrality Awareness Day. Perhaps TB's twitter could tweet out something urging individuals to keep informed and also to voice their concern. There exists a net negative for every consumer in the world (this is not an exaggeration) if net neutrality is eliminated in the United States.

https://twitter.com/_yiws/status/885149240015695873

Please go show your support.Net neutrality is not a republican vs democrat thing it's a people vs the greedy corporations thing.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

He has plats on his team because the system realized that TJ is NOT a "real" low level Onyx player -- he's much better than that.

This is the part of the ranking system that annoys me. I get it for onyx and above since placing someone straight in champ shouldn't happen but for Diamond and below, why place someone in a rank lower than they are when the system knows what rank I should be/really am. Then you get unlucky, people quit, you get bad team mates and now your stuck at that lower level.

If I'm playing and the system tells me I'm x rank, I shouldn't have to question if I'm better or worse than x imo

CNN and panic!

jk.  I am all for Net Neutrality.  The big bright red sign just seemed a little over the top to me. 

Make sure you buy the "Netflix Premium Package" from Comcast for $14.99/month so you can have uninterrupted Netflix and chill experience!

But for real, the big red sign is kind of obnoxious, but I'm going to bet that we'd both want a bigger and redder sign if net neutrality is eliminated. 

Please go show your support.Net neutrality is not a republican vs democrat thing it's a people vs the greedy corporations thing.

I agree 100% -- I don't think it is a D v R thing either.

This is the part of the ranking system that annoys me. I get it for onyx and above since placing someone straight in champ shouldn't happen but for Diamond and below, why place someone in a rank lower than they are when the system knows what rank I should be/really am. Then you get unlucky, people quit, you get bad team mates and now your stuck at that lower level.

If I'm playing and the system tells me I'm x rank, I shouldn't have to question if I'm better or worse than x imo

That's actually a really good question that I don't know the answer to nor have I ever even thought of that particular question. Why place a Diamond level player at Plat when it's a smurf account and he appears to be playing better than that? I wonder how much of that goes on.

What is Net Neutrality and is it only for Muricans ??

Check those two websites out, watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K88BU3kjZ-c&feature=youtu.be, and if you still have questions you can DM me on Twitter @_Yiws

EDIT; IDK how to not imbed that video link so it doesn't show up and take up so much space.

EDIT AGAIN; Figured it out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please go show your support.Net neutrality is not a republican vs democrat thing it's a people vs 4 greedy ISPs thing.

Clarified that for you.  

The ONLY people it "helps" are the biggest ISPs that are already monopolistically gouging us and providing minimum service levels.  Get rid of neutrality and they can start charging deferentially for certain data types.  Netflix will have to start charging $20/month.  TB starts getting charges more by their host because of the bandwidth hogging dank memes.  It has implications for data security and privacy too.  

What is Net Neutrality and is it only for Muricans ??

main thing for international people is if this goes through, it sets an example for other countries and it means other countries see it as something than can happen. Which it should not, the internet should be free

if I remember correctly, they have said in the past that after your placement matches, the initial CSR rank you are given is X amount below where you actually should be. The idea is supposed to be that you actually have something to work towards when it comes to rank as opposed to being "stuck" at whatever your placement rank is.

In the end though your rank really means nothing when it comes to finding matches (except being used as a fail-safe to stop bronze players from gettingatched with onyx level players), it's all about MMR. I think the problem when it comes to quitters and the like is the average player doesn't really understand how the whole system works, and when they are gold and matching some low diamonds they just say eff it this is going to be unfair and leave.

main thing for international people is if this goes through, it sets an example for other countries and it means other countries see it as something than can happen. Which it should not

Luckily for lots of other countries the internet is regulated like a utility, so there would be more roadblocks in the way.

CNN and panic!

jk. I am all for Net Neutrality. The big bright red sign just seemed a little over the top to me.

What a weird thing to say on a site dedicated to competitive gaming.

Good luck keeping up with your esports when your isp charges you extra everytime you access twitch.tv

Good luck 'Netflix and chilling' when your isp blocks Netflix in an effort to push you to their own shitty knockoff.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What a weird thing to say on a site dedicated to competitive gaming.

Good luck keeping up with your esports when your isp charges you extra everytime you access twitch.tv

Good luck 'Netflix and chilling' when your isp blocks Netflix in an effort to push you to their own shitty knockoff.

Did you not see the part in my post where I said I am all for Net Neutrality?   I just thought the giant red sign was obnoxious.  I have already signed multiple petitions to keep net neutrality.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

The risk of a $400+ internet bill every month for an incomplete service package aside (this is the part most people who know about net neutrality know and care most about), the security and privacy risks are absolutely terrifying. 

For one, a lack of net neutrality will lead to a customer by customer traffic analysis system that will not only enable ISPs to bill us for every microscopic bit of data we use, but also keep a precise log of the data that comes and goes out of our homes. That in itself means a single data breach of a major ISP will lead to massive exposure for bank account, credit card, payment services, and other identity info. 

Furthermore, without net neutrality data caps will become enforced without much restraint, as the public service clause of net neutrality draws a line (a blurry line, but it's there) on this issue. When people think of data caps they think of all the data heavy services like netflix and steam and youtube that make up most of their traffic, but the most important services that people don't think about are the firewall and personal security software that needs to be updated as frequently as possible. If data caps are exceeded and any data thereafter is at an extreme surcharge or not delivered at all, fewer and fewer people will receive their security updates. Herd immunity works the same way in computing as it does in organic populations, and if fewer people are staying secure, it puts everyone at risk, including users in other countries. In the past year we has seen the most widespread and historic security breaches in computing history, with many of them being a result of security software being only a few days behind on their definition updates. 

Net neutrality isn't just about being able to Netflix and chill. It's about being able to afford what has become an essential utility in the first place. It is about personal and widespread security. It is about free speech and an open market and ensuring censorship (corporate, government, pick whichever) is not something we have to deal with in an ostensibly first world country. 

:ace:  :ace:  :ace:  :ace:  :ace:  :ace:  :ace:

love it. so true.

To anybody interested in where you can put money to good use https://www.eff.org/

There are others, but thats probably the one with the widest reach.  

This 1 month break of nothing is our way of fighting for net neutrality.

I signed the petition thingy

• Upvote (+1) 2