CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

One thing that always confuses me is when people remake classic maps in forge and put weapons pretty much everywhere. Played a custom game on the pit in a game type called real halo. Had no sprint and no ar start but smgs, sr etc everywhere

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When was Daytona first announced? I really had no idea it was coming up, I'm just hearing about it 2 weeks out. How many teams are they expecting?

When was Daytona first announced? I really had no idea it was coming up, I'm just hearing about it 2 weeks out. How many teams are they expecting?

Daytona is May 12 to 14.

Edit: it was announced this week.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All the changes lists seem to be leaving off the generous hit box for sniper headshots. And did they actually make a change with no scopes...was that just proving grounds cause worlds didn't seem any different to me.

All the changes lists seem to be leaving off the generous hit box for sniper headshots. And did they actually make a change with no scopes...was that just proving grounds cause worlds didn't seem any different to me.

The did make a change to the no scopes but it seems to be a very tiny change. While the bullet magnetism and hit box for the sniper is a problem, it can stay the same imo. There are way bigger issues and a lot of other issues before the sniper
  • Upvote (+1) 1

After thorough research, I think Quinn seems to be the biggest problem.

I wish I was joking.

I think most of us have known this for a long time, but were reluctant to call him out. 

He's a hapless idiot who can't see past his own ego. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The did make a change to the no scopes but it seems to be a very tiny change. While the bullet magnetism and hit box for the sniper is a problem, it can stay the same imo. There are way bigger issues and a lot of other issues before the sniper

Agree there are bigger items but I was thinking neighbor said this was on their list. I think headshot hit box changes are needed for all rifles and would have a big impact on balance that has led to some requests to have rifles removed completely.

I wish I was joking.

You mean he hasnt made halo 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat?

• Upvote (+1) 7

You mean he hasnt made halo 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat?

Stasis. He probably was in charge of putting that in

I wish I was joking.

Show me the receipts.

I love this place but can do without the calling out/scape goating/witch hunt of specific 343/esl people without knowing the full details and reasoning behind their actions.

I think most of us have known this for a long time, but were reluctant to call him out.

He's a hapless idiot who can't see past his own ego.

Could these types of posts be contributing to the "toxic" reputation we have? Perhaps making the people We most want to have a discussion with steer clear?
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Show me the receipts.

I love this place but can do without the calling out/scape goating/witch hunt of specific 343/esl people without knowing the full details and reasoning behind their actions.

Could these types of posts be contributing to the "toxic" reputation we have? Perhaps making the people We most want to have a discussion with steer clear?

And do you think people would be saying stuff like this if he would have just talked to us in the first place? Always remember, they chose to stay away before the majority of us started reaching this level of toxicity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And do you think people would be saying stuff like this if he would have just talked to us in the first place? Always remember, they chose to stay away before the majority of us started reaching this level of toxicity.

I'm upset with them and you don't see me being toxic about it.

There is no justification for acting like that. Saying otherwise is just an attempt to excuse bad behavior.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

There is no justification for acting like that. Saying otherwise is just an attempt to excuse bad behavior.

you're right, but saying nothing gets no one anywhere. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think Quinn is very open to discussion but very unresponsive to implementation.

I think Quinn is a talent-less hack who has somehow managed the incredible feat of destroying 2 very enjoyable franchises. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

One thing that always confuses me is when people remake classic maps in forge and put weapons pretty much everywhere. Played a custom game on the pit in a game type called real halo. Had no sprint and no ar start but smgs, sr etc everywhere

Accidental neg, I'm sorry

In this day and age it is expected for open communication between producers/manufacturers/developers and consumers. When consumers are ignored they have every right to speak out, no matter if it is considered "toxic".

Personal attacks are always unwarranted, but that really goes for 99% of situations in life. Calling people out isn't anything undeserved.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wasn't justifying either side, just pointing out they stayed away long before we got to this point.

you're right, but saying nothing gets no one anywhere.

Keep complaining about what's broken, what should be changed, and what could be done to improve all facets of halo. This is a dialogue that is necessary.

But let's stop calling out specific people and especially name calling, especially without proof that they are to blame. For an example, ninja calling out Quinn (I think it was Quinn) for the pro summit attitude of "change for the sake of changes sake" is fine. Calling the guy an idiot is unwarranted.

I guess im confused by your definition of toxic. I didnt see anything personal or aggressive in saying quinn is the issue. He is the multiplayer designer and his past work is pretty poor. Its a logical conclusion that had no personal attacks

Edit. I thought you were talking about shekkles post

• Upvote (+1) 2