CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

imagine if @HCS tweeted the time of their own 5K tournament for AMs

what's the excuse for that? just schedule a tweet

whatever, tbh i'm kinda burnt out on complaining about it, i just wish they utilized @HCS and @Halo to give these players the exposure they deserve

Weird how this always happens after Moses complains on the forums

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

just under 50 teams confirmed for DH ATL already is great to see. LETS GO BOYS

• Upvote (+1) 8

i do not like dastroyed's comms.  I think that contra and ryanoob should look into victory x after dreamhack.  Not that this team is bad, but i notice that their comms can be pretty bad and a lot of it is dastroyed complaining, argueing, or saying "im shitting" every time he cleans up a one shot.

• Upvote (+1) 2

By that do you mean open bracket teams? If so add the champ bracket teams and its damn good attendance!

By that do you mean open bracket teams? If so add the champ bracket teams and its damn good attendance!

theres so many people that wanted to go as well (me for example) that couldnt get a squad together too.  This event ive seen more F/A's and partial teams end up teamless than ever before, so whatever the number of teams that goes, and its looking like a lot, know that the interest in attending is even greater.  Idk if what i just said even makes sense, but basically a lot of teams split up and stuff and that has lead to an unusual amount of people who aren't going because they dont have teams and no one wants to run with anyone for some reason lol.  Theres a lot of people going just to do FFA because of this

• Upvote (+1) 4

theres so many people that wanted to go as well (me for example) that couldnt get a squad together too.  This event ive seen more F/A's and partial teams end up teamless than ever before, so whatever the number of teams that goes, and its looking like a lot, know that the interest in attending is even greater.  Idk if what i just said even makes sense, but basically a lot of teams split up and stuff and that has lead to an unusual amount of people who aren't going because they dont have teams and no one wants to run with anyone for some reason lol.  Theres a lot of people going just to do FFA because of this

Is there a deadline to sign up? If so many F/As are going, they can at least form some last minute teams just to get in on the action. Unless they can't stand playing with random people lol

I'll be there, but I'm not really good, though if there's anybody willing to run with a barely-diamond guy for ATL, hmu.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The amount of shit talk in AM games makes me excited for the future  present of Halo, given the correct format, marketing, and comunication.

FTFY

Is there a deadline to sign up? If so many F/As are going, they can at least form some last minute teams just to get in on the action. Unless they can't stand playing with random people lol

I'll be there, but I'm not really good, though if there's anybody willing to run with a barely-diamond guy for ATL, hmu.

there will be a lot of last minute teams.  for me personally i decided not to go because i didnt want to spend all that money not to place well.  I know that sounds stupid or selfish but thats honestly what it is, i hate losing and it always ruins the weekend so why even go if im just going to get a disappointing finish 

• Upvote (+1) 2

That is great to hear. Can't wait for this tourney. 

Now for the love of god can the first day not be filled with constant technical issues. I trust Dreamhack will put on a good show, though. Just the fear is still there... 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is it? Unless we get more than 20 last minute teams, 50 seems par for the course.

there will be a lot of last minute teams. for me personally i decided not to go because i didnt want to spend all that money not to place well. I know that sounds stupid or selfish but thats honestly what it is, i hate losing and it always ruins the weekend so why even go if im just going to get a disappointing finish

It's because there's no point system. Points made it so that even if you went and lost in the third round, you went home with SOMETHING, you had official bragging rights and something thst made you as an individual player valuable for teams for future events. It made a player feel like they were a part of something larger than just that event because they were.

Now, the AM experience is just going to an event, maybe winning a match or two, getting shit on by a pro or top 16 team, then going home with nothing to show for it. Very big problem for our scene.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Is it? Unless we get more than 20 last minute teams, 50 seems par for the course.

Pretty sure the limit for h5 is in the 60s for logistic/tech reasons

I don't see ronin getting relegated.

LG has been awful recently. I don't think they've done well since ninja stopped streaming scrims

• Upvote (+1) 1