CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I placed 9th out of 36 at a Junior Achievement event because our team got bracket fucked. Was out of the Top 8 finals by a score of four points. 

Team name? 

Final Boss. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

While we've got nothing better to do, I was thinking: why do we call them "maps?" Why is "Plaza" or "Truth" or "Midship" or any of those a "map." Basically, when did the three dimensional space that a match takes place on begin to be called a map, which, as far as I can tell in this context, only refers to a two dimensional visualization of some three dimensional space? I'm pretty sure this naming convention predates Halo, or am I wrong there? In some games, you'll hear the word "level" used, and this has a slightly easier to see connection to the design of older video game, but in modern FPS's, I think the word "map" is used pretty ubiquitously. I wonder how that came to be. Any thoughts?

what if it's meant to be an acronym and we've just forgotten what our ancestors made

M - multiplayer

A - arena

P - place

• Upvote (+1) 5

Instead of rent let's compare our best placings in Halo esports. Who'd like to start?

i placed top 32 about twenty times. cant say i wasn't consistent  :glasses:

• Upvote (+1) 5

They made ffa worse.

I don't get why the ar is still a starting weapon if they agreed it wasn't skillful.

FFA is definitely better. Not sure what youre on about.

The issue is that the reduction of PWs and PUs really highlights how imbalanced the AR is. I agree if they just removed the AR, FFA becomes fun again.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Alright gents at the hospital to have a baby. Figure id share it here first. Wish me luck!

wow congrats dude, that is great news <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

I won a local 2v2 in H3 at a Gatti Town where we beat some 10 year old and his father in the finals for $100 per person.

You're damn right I talked trash to them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I won a local 2v2 in H3 at a Gatti Town where we beat some 10 year old and his father in the finals for $100 per person.

You're damn right I talked trash to them.

I beat the Sudds in a Halo 2 tournament for $90 - I screamed a lot. No shame.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I beat the Sudds in a Halo 2 tournament for $90 - I screamed a lot. No shame.

stay noble

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's good parts here and there.

That Bass Pro Shop is dope

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol what happened to scary

They dropped someone after yesterday's tourney. First time I've seen that in these things.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They dropped someone after yesterday's tourney. First time I've seen that in these things.

someone told me scary isn't even on that team, he's on 'nerds' lol...

Yeah, the person who isn't showing on the roster is Neptunes Nerdy. Scary's old team and I guess they didn't change their team name.

Edit: Looks like it was a mistake. No longer showing them as a DQ in the bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yeah he's on nerds lmao. Also OS and eRa are on the same side of the bracket. That will be a juicy semifinal...

Even Greenskull weighed in on the subject of the 343 version of Halo v the Bungie one. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Even Greenskull weighed in on the subject of the 343 version of Halo v the Bungie one. 

I'll give Greenskull props on this one - nice video

• Upvote (+1) 2