CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Instead of rent let's compare our best placings in Halo esports. Who'd like to start?

I'm #1 for Overall Score in Cod MWR if that counts for anything

• Upvote (+1) 5

Instead of rent let's compare our best placings in Halo esports. Who'd like to start?

i'd rather not lol, i'll get champ bracket next time... hopefully

I once beat my friend in a 1v1 when he was passed out drunk

• Upvote (+1) 8

While we've got nothing better to do, I was thinking: why do we call them "maps?" Why is "Plaza" or "Truth" or "Midship" or any of those a "map." Basically, when did the three dimensional space that a match takes place on begin to be called a map, which, as far as I can tell in this context, only refers to a two dimensional visualization of some three dimensional space? I'm pretty sure this naming convention predates Halo, or am I wrong there? In some games, you'll hear the word "level" used, and this has a slightly easier to see connection to the design of older video game, but in modern FPS's, I think the word "map" is used pretty ubiquitously. I wonder how that came to be. Any thoughts? 

• Upvote (+1) 9

First and only placing at a Halo tournament. MLG Chicago 2005. Knocked out first round of FFA. Lost first round of the bracket, and then lost first round of loser's bracket. Only won 1 game between the 2 series. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Saw this on waypoint, I thought it was a good representation of customization and matchmaking with 343

o9UtEx4.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

While we've got nothing better to do, I was thinking: why do we call them "maps?" Why is "Plaza" or "Truth" or "Midship" or any of those a "map." Basically, when did the three dimensional space that a match takes place on begin to be called a map, which, as far as I can tell in this context, only refers to a two dimensional visualization of some three dimensional space? I'm pretty sure this naming convention predates Halo, or am I wrong there? In some games, you'll hear the word "level" used, and this has a slightly easier to see connection to the design of older video game, but in modern FPS's, I think the word "map" is used pretty ubiquitously. I wonder how that came to be. Any thoughts? 

We really have reached a new level of boredom

• Upvote (+1) 1

One time I made a custom game called Halo Esports. Nobody joined. So I won Halo Esports
  • Upvote (+1) 7

I found out H3 is going to be backwards compatible and I just stopped by to say that I don't even really like H3 (I play CE #3skmagnumftw) but I plan on playing a shit load of H3 if it will finally make 343 realize that classic Halo is the key to success.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It would be cool to see where the first usage of "map" was in reference to an FPS multiplayer level.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright gents at the hospital to have a baby. Figure id share it here first. Wish me luck!

Someone gif Hank Hill's face over Rafiki holding up Simba ASAP.

• Upvote (+1) 4

They made ffa worse.

I don't get why the ar is still a starting weapon if they agreed it wasn't skillful.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Didn't make it past split screen at MLG Columbus 2012 (Reach I think?)

Coached Overdrive to 16th place at MLG Regionals 2016 for H5. Out of 16 teams. Where is my green name modz

• Upvote (+1) 7

I got you fam, kinda

"Used to describe arenas in competitive multiplayer games in which the gameplay is heavily dependent on terrain design (such as real-time strategy games and multiplayer first-person shooters). This term is also often carried over into single-player games, also to describe levels with a high degree or scope in terrain design, or simply as the sum of all the game's areas."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_(video_gaming)

• Upvote (+1) 1