CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

New Gfinity arena ladies and gentlemen, Halo is going to look so good here...

qHdeZHF.jpg

Looks amazing; but please get them to put the screens closer.

Screen watching your teammates is actually important to LAN play.

Especially for coaches.

New meta for coaches

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

When we did the Halo CE stations at Daytona, there were many people involved in the process but Tashi was one of them and was also the one that seemed most interested in getting things like this to happen more often.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So this big update will enable lan for those four titles, including being able to cross connect to the 360, but still no lan capability for h5, right? I don't get this.

First off, long time no see everybody!

This tweet was not meant to come after the community and say we were not appreciative of the support Halo fans gave Allegiance. It was more me reflecting on our time in Halo and comparing it to the time we have been out of it. I don't think it's a surprise to anyone that there are not many Halo fans in the game's current state and we felt that way all of 2017. Since we made the announcement about our departure, we have received more messages and emails talking about Allegiance Halo than when we were actually in the game with a team. It's pretty eye opening to be honest - really cool actually.

Even if you disliked my tweet, my point was don't take the orgs that are in Halo for granted. Support them by purchasing their weapon skins, apparel, and interact with their social media. Your support will not go unnoticed. Even if they don't acknowledge you, they see it and enjoy the backing of their fans. To this day I still read all your tweets and it puts a smile on my face thinking back on all the great memories we had in Halo.

Sorry to everyone I offended.

Sorry we didn't buy enough weapon skins for you to appreciate our support. 

• Upvote (+1) 14
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Dear TB, 

Please modify your "ignore" feature so when I use it there is no "an asshat posted here but we hid it for you" message.  That way when I ignore morons, I wont be constantly reminded that they are ruining the forum experience for other users.  

K, thx bye

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

First off, long time no see everybody!

This tweet was not meant to come after the community and say we were not appreciative of the support Halo fans gave Allegiance. It was more me reflecting on our time in Halo and comparing it to the time we have been out of it. I don't think it's a surprise to anyone that there are not many Halo fans in the game's current state and we felt that way all of 2017. Since we made the announcement about our departure, we have received more messages and emails talking about Allegiance Halo than when we were actually in the game with a team. It's pretty eye opening to be honest - really cool actually.

Even if you disliked my tweet, my point was don't take the orgs that are in Halo for granted. Support them by purchasing their weapon skins, apparel, and interact with their social media. Your support will not go unnoticed. Even if they don't acknowledge you, they see it and enjoy the backing of their fans. To this day I still read all your tweets and it puts a smile on my face thinking back on all the great memories we had in Halo.

Sorry to everyone I offended.

Nobody is taking orgs for granted. I guarantee everybody in this thread appreciates Optic, Liquid, Splyce and LG. You make it seem like it's on us as a viewer to validate your venture into the Halo scene. it isn't, but even if that were the case, you had allegiance skins sold in the game bought by me and a lot of other people. It's a business decision to become an org and get the exposure and all that comes with it. it's in YOUR interest, not ours. You just seem selfish and bitter and it's quite sad given "all the support you've seen since you've been gone."

• Upvote (+1) 3

One more. I just think it looks sick :D

For some reason I hear an announcer saying "aaaaand heeeeres ONSET!" as you run out.

---

I can definitely say Allegiance was not formed to make a "quick buck" off Halo. Connor has a lot of love for the franchise and will always be a huge fan. Business is business. 

Also, the Halo 1 setup was incredible at UMG and I look forward to having a Halo 3 and Halo 1 side by side at future events! 

As for Halo 5 not having LAN - I was told it is because the game is programmed differently than every other installment. You actually need to be connected to the 343 server in order to play. We have the massive components on our boxes and discs but the essentials are all online. I think the perfect person to ask for details would be TB's resident programming guru @@Moa

• Upvote (+1) 2

For some reason I hear an announcer saying "aaaaand heeeeres ONSET!" as you run out.

---

I can definitely say Allegiance was not formed to make a "quick buck" off Halo. Connor has a lot of love for the franchise and will always be a huge fan. Business is business. 

Also, the Halo 1 setup was incredible at UMG and I look forward to having a Halo 3 and Halo 1 side by side at future events! 

As for Halo 5 not having LAN - I was told it is because the game is programmed differently than every other installment. You actually need to be connected to the 343 server in order to play. We have the massive components on our boxes and discs but the essentials are all online. I think the perfect person to ask for details would be TB's resident programming guru @@Moa

I'm pretty sure it's because the game is only designed to run on a dedicated server. Even internally, their playtests require them to search in matchmaking at the same time to test modes (as seen in The Sprint). The game was being designed from the get go with the Xbox One being an always online system so LAN support wasn't going to be possible on a system level anyways, so I guess they didn't make it a priority during development. Although they canned the always online trash for X1, I guess that couldn't find time to fit LAN into the game in time? 

Before people reference Gears of War 4 - it isn't proper LAN. It's the same LAN MCC had which requires an internet connection.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Allegiance wasn't formed to make money off Halo? Then why did he dip out after realizing Halo isn't profitable? That's fine and dandy, but then he goes around acting like he's on a high horse and complaining about Halo fans. Honestly funny how some of you can't see this.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So this big update will enable lan for those four titles, including being able to cross connect to the 360, but still no lan capability for h5, right? I don't get this.

LAN capability won't happen for H5, because it was coded w/o any plans for p2p networking.

The Xbox 360 titles aren't being updated. The Xbox one emulator is being updated to support those titles, which already have LAN support.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think having CE/2/3 stations at events is only a good thing for people so hopefully that happens. Halo has been around for so long it makes a lot of sense to embrace the things that have been going on for over a decade. On a somewhat related note I think one of the nicest things MS/343 could do for Halo fans is make the backwards compatibility downloads coming for H2 include all patches and maps. I know when I setup smaller lans with friends I have to make sure I bring the multiplayer download disc with me otherwise at least one person won't be able to host a game with the patched br/melees

Id love to play older Halo games at events on the side. I mean hell...I spent more time playing Halo CE at Daytona and learning from @@Teapot and co than I did photographing the event lol 

Its just plain fun and something to do for those not playing or have been knocked out of the tournament. 

Really cool to have people experience the other (good) Halo games as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dear TB, 

Please modify your "ignore" feature so when I use it there is no "an asshat posted here but we hid it for you" message.  That way when I ignore morons, I wont be constantly reminded that they are ruining the forum experience for other users.  

K, thx bye

Im assuming you have Frank blocked also?

• Upvote (+1) 2