FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Are you trying to say that H5 had the worst launch in history?

Are you trying to say you don't hold 343 accountable for MCC?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to grind so much H3. Hopefully it comes out well before the new COD

• Upvote (+1) 1

well you've got 30,000 people watching these two right now ripping on the XBOX so it's just a bad look. I agree with them. The OG XBOX and the 360 were Godly whereas the XB1 is less powerful than my phone, has a crap library, and terrible UI. I really hope MS get's their shit together with XB1X.

The 360 was a piece of shit that broke all the time for half of its life cycle. Why do people forget that? And the messaging was clunky as shit
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Wonder how H3 will play on backwards compatibility? Didn't reach play like shit on BC?

Fathom Flag > any slayer. I wouldn't even be mad.

I dont hate Fathom flag honestly.  100% agree every slayer is worse.  I don't even believe that slayer belongs in competitive, but tradition + lack of other gametypes is a bitch.

Are you trying to say you don't hold 343 accountable for MCC?

I didn't understand your first post either.  MCC was a disaster but the Halo 5 launch was fine (other than being devoid of standard content) the game wasn't straight up unlaunchable like MCC was.  You implied the H5 launch was just as bad since it came after MCC and they "didnt learn" from MCC, which doesn't make sense.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I dont hate Fathom flag honestly.  100% agree every slayer is worse.  I don't even believe that slayer belongs in competitive, but tradition + lack of other gametypes is a bitch.

I didn't understand your first post either.  MCC was a disaster but the Halo 5 launch was fine (other than being devoid of standard content) the game wasn't straight up unlaunchable like MCC was.  You implied the H5 launch was just as bad since it came after MCC and they "didnt learn" from MCC, which doesn't make sense.

He said they couldn't ignore something so big. I said they could because they have. It doesn't take mental gymnastics to figure out they ignored MCC, and continue to ignore it.

And H5s launch was also awful, not MCC awful, but the second worse Halo launch.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Wonder how H3 will play on backwards compatibility? Didn't reach play like shit on BC?

Initially but it seems like in general, the team in charge just pushed the game out when it was in a semi-playable state. Nowadays most games they're making backwards compatible run much better on the X1 than they do on the 360. 

They actually patched Reach eventually and it runs at mostly 30FPS (while the 360 legit struggles to keep 20-25FPS). Reach in general was a terribly optimised game compared to Halo 3 so provided the team doing the BC doesn't mess up, it should run like a dream.

Jesus Christ. Before I say this, while that H3 news is cool and all I don't think it's suddenly going to rejuvenate the scene. H6 still needs to hit it out of the park. That said:

Why was this information released a month after E3, where there were thousands of eyes and a big push for 4k content?

Really Microsoft? I am constantly baffled at this companies marketing decisions and lack of of ability to seize opportunities.

ftfy.

Initially but it seems like in general, the team in charge just pushed the game out when it was in a semi-playable state. Nowadays most games they're making backwards compatible run much better on the X1 than they do on the 360.

They actually patched Reach eventually and it runs at mostly 30FPS (while the 360 legit struggles to keep 20-25FPS). Reach in general was a terribly optimised game compared to Halo 3 so provided the team doing the BC doesn't mess up, it should run like a dream.

Awesome, I didn't see but it should be the same old matchmaking system correct?

Awesome, I didn't see but it should be the same old matchmaking system correct?

Yup. Your X1 just emulates a 360 (even has the boot logo and old guide) and loads up Reach. Allows X1 players and 360 players to play together too. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What about the other 2

I've no idea. Feel free to check which ones are missing at let me know  :simms:

So today was a particularly weird day of Halo

1. typical lag spikes lead to me getting ninja'd  :mj:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Frostbite%20XV2/video/33696815

2. Apparently it's a coin toss to have shields recharge  :simms:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Frostbite%20XV2/video/33696819

3. And a game that ended 50-50 but we still won... somehow  :apg:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Frostbite%20XV2/video/33696820

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope when they port H3 they fix the netcode but idk if there's any precedent for that happening with other BC games.

I hope when they port H3 they fix the netcode but idk if there's any precedent for that happening with other BC games.

It'll run just like it does on 360, with frame rate being a little more consistent. Nothing like netcode will change.

Nah, H3A isn't happening. If anything this is the final nail in the coffin (as if that hadn't happened already), MCC plus BC H3 plus H3A? not happening.

If anything, its going to prove a point to 343 that old school is the best school. EVERYBODY needs to get on H3 and play the shit out of it. Prove that simplicity has staying power. If it has a population jump like Blops2 did, thats impossible to ignore.

Same here, Staples too?

Im pumped that i downloaded h3 (6gb lol) in one of the first games with gold. I will play the hell out of that.

And nah we go straight thru dell

You know what would be fun? An MLG/Halo "Reunion Tour" where they travel the country for a year hitting all the old stops hosting H1-H3 mini tourneys. A logistical nightmare but holy shit it would be amazing 

You know what would be fun? An MLG/Halo "Reunion Tour" where they travel the country for a year hitting all the old stops hosting H1-H3 mini tourneys. A logistical nightmare but holy shit it would be amazing 

Antiques Roadshow: Halo edition.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I just stopped in because I had a CRAZY idea, one that no one has ever had before, im not sure if all of you guys would like it...what if there were a tournament ran by MLG that had CE, H2, AND H3 with a 3million dollar prize pool?????????????????????????? do you think theyll do it???

• Upvote (+1) 1

The many times cancelled and rescheduled episode of The Pit is about to go live on my channel for those who want to watch. Going to be discussing the state of the overall halo community and the casual competitive divide with Mikwen and Greenskull. 

• Upvote (+1) 5