CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I played Halo for around 3 and a half hours today and had 10 3v4s. Three of them started as 3 versus 4, which is just completely unacceptable, and I was on the team w/ three for 6 of the games. I even had times where I had two 3v4s in a row. 343 needs to get their shit together and fix matchmaking, because running into this type of completely broken matches makes people stop playing the game, and that's not even taking the ghost melees, blank shots, heavy aim, disappearing rockets, thrust melees, and server disconnects into account.

Was this social ?? Or are you low level ??

Was this social ?? Or are you low level ??

I'm D1 in HCS, I would probably be higher if I didn't solo q and get several 3v4s every time I hop on halo.

edit: This was exclusively in HCS

@@Deez

To improve matchmaking, first off, don't start a game as a 3v4; it's really that simple. Second, as the game developers, develop a way to tell if somebody scrolled through their menu to press leave game/dashboarded out or just disconnected, and penalize the people who purposefully quit out much more. Third, provide more incentives to not quit out of matches, such as the way Halo Reach does it with credit rewards. Fourth, ban repeat offenders by IP/Xbox and not just account, so that they can't just hop on an alt or a smurf. Finally, if a player is quitting out of a designated competitive playlist, such as HCS, don't derank the people unfortunate enough to be on her/his team, unless they're in a fireteam of course.

• Upvote (+1) 6

@@Deez

Finally, if a player is quitting out of a designated competitive playlist, such as HCS, don't derank the people unfortunate enough to be on her/his team, unless they're in a fireteam of course.

This the only part I will slightly disagree with, because this would be abusable. If you lose the game you should go down. I don't think that was ever the problem; losing should count as a loss. People shouldn't be penalized for quitting after a teammate quit though and getting banned; this was a huge issue because I shouldn't be forced to sit around and get statted on (or on the flip side forced to sit there and fight 1 or 2 people for 15 minutes). But I think they've already addressed that though.

Edit: Also, I don't think the games are starting 3v4 because of the matchmaking, a lot of people dashboard too late during the loading and they're simply just quitting because they didn't get a map they wanted.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People shouldn't be penalized for quitting after a teammate quit though and getting banned; 

I've wanted this in every video game ever made and so far only League of Legends has anything that resembles it (If no-one has been in combat within the first two minutes and a player has disconnected, you can forfeit the match and no one gets a win/loss except the person who didn't connect/is afk)

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm D1 in HCS, I would probably be higher if I didn't solo q and get several 3v4s every time I hop on halo.

edit: This was exclusively in HCS

You have very bad luck.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Edit: Also, I don't think the games are starting 3v4 because of the matchmaking, a lot of people dashboard too late during the loading and they're simply just quitting because they didn't get a map they wanted.

I realize why the games start as 3v4, but 343 can just script it to not start the match and return to the "searching for players" screen. It's not as if they lose control over their own game after that point.

This the only part I will slightly disagree with, because this would be abusable. If you lose the game you should go down. I don't think that was ever the problem; losing should count as a loss. People shouldn't be penalized for quitting after a teammate quit though and getting banned; this was a huge issue because I shouldn't be forced to sit around and get statted on (or on the flip side forced to sit there and fight 1 or 2 people for 15 minutes). But I think they've already addressed that though.

They've addressed it by counting quitting out after a teammate has already quit out as normal loss without a chance of getting banned, but that still doesn't solve the problem of losing a match because a teammate is having a bad game and decided to rage quit.

They've addressed it by counting quitting out after a teammate has already quit out as normal loss without a chance of getting banned, but that still doesn't solve the problem of losing a match because a teammate is having a bad game and decided to rage quit.

Because it can be abused.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

People say this but I think making the game worse for everyone so that a couple of idiots can't have a meaningless rank crosses the line and goes deep into stupid decision territory. Nobody should care if a few idiots have a rank they boosted or whatever. It doesn't mean anything. Everyone else constantly suffering to prevent that doesn't really make sense. The ranking system is nice to see your personal progression but outside of that it doesn't mean anything and thus if people cheat a little to boost theirs it really doesn't matter. They should find another way to deal with them if that is their issue. I doubt its very hard to figure out if someone's friends are constantly quitting to boost them as soon as they start losing games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I already implied this by providing a solution, which is to continue to lower the players' CSR for the loss if the person that quit was in a fireteam with them.

People say this but I think making the game worse for everyone so that a couple of idiots can't have a meaningless rank crosses the line and goes deep into stupid decision territory. Nobody should care if a few idiots have a rank they boosted or whatever. It doesn't mean anything. Everyone else constantly suffering to prevent that doesn't really make sense. The ranking system is nice to see your personal progression but outside of that it doesn't mean anything and thus if people cheat a little to boost theirs it really doesn't matter. They should find another way to deal with them if that is their issue. I doubt its very hard to figure out if someone's friends are constantly quitting to boost them as soon as they start losing games.

I already implied this by providing a solution, which is to continue to lower the players' CSR for the loss if the person that quit was in a fireteam with them.

I also agree that it's extremely frustrating to have a teammate quit and it count as a loss. However, if you don't lose CSR for losing, should the other team not gain CSR for winning? Seems kind of unfair to them. This type of automatic SR loss due to teammate quitting is pretty common in elo-based games. Plus, I feel in the long run I'm in just as many 4v3 situations as 3v4s. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've wanted this in every video game ever made and so far only League of Legends has anything that resembles it (If no-one has been in combat within the first two minutes and a player has disconnected, you can forfeit the match and no one gets a win/loss except the person who didn't connect/is afk)

I think I said something along the lines of 343 should just copy/paste the formula from LoL as well. I agree 100%.

Edit: Literally almost 2 years ago.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/4946-halo-the-master-chief-collection-discussion/page-2223?do=findComment&comment=520187

• Upvote (+1) 1

Another thing to complain about tonight: does anyone else feel like headshot registration has never been worse? I'm talking about shots square on people's faces not counting as headshots. It's the most frustrating thing ever. I die like 3 times a game after thinking I just perfected a guy and so I look away/reload, only to have the guy not die and shoot me back.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I played Halo for around 3 and a half hours today and had 10 3v4s. Three of them started as 3 versus 4, which is just completely unacceptable, and I was on the team w/ three for 6 of the games. I even had times where I had two 3v4s in a row. 343 needs to get their shit together and fix matchmaking, because running into this type of completely broken matches makes people stop playing the game, and that's not even taking the ghost melees, blank shots, heavy aim, disappearing rockets, thrust melees, and server disconnects AND PARTY RESTRICTIONS into account.

fixed* 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pull the flag?

You mean it wasn't team slayaniarsmanjarotaks and was flag instead? My bad.  :kappa:

Another thing to complain about tonight: does anyone else feel like headshot registration has never been worse? I'm talking about shots square on people's faces not counting as headshots. It's the most frustrating thing ever. I die like 3 times a game after thinking I just perfected a guy and so I look away/reload, only to have the guy not die and shoot me back.

I never know if the shots are not registering or I'm just bad. I lean towards the I'm bad because I am.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

100th page so i want to take this opportunity to say i love and appreciate everyone who visits/posts here

You love @@shitlin?