CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Right on cue

It always cracks me up when ever shit hits the fan for Halo people lash out and blame the community like we have a choice of venue or rules.

Negativity isn't cool, but neither is hosting our biggest tournament at what could be mistaken as a church picnic.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I guess this would be better off in the settings discussion thread, but I know people are calling for the removal of AR starting weapons.

Is this the only change regarding auto use? If so, I feel that this solution only makes the problem worse by removing whatever chance you had of fighting back against a SMG/Storm Rifle if someone already picked it up. I get the AUTO Spam/Cheese but now you just removed your best chance of fighting against a player with one of these weapons. Was talking with King Nick about this and he mentioned it and I agree.

Anyway, I'm certainly interested in seeing the response from 343/ESL after Worlds. I almost feel as if they will have to clean house and start over but wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. We talk about growth but it seems like we've regressed a lot. It seems we can only get better from here but lets keep our  fingers crossed.

Anyone here going to the Atlantic City Gears tournament? @@Moses_FPS

My brother and I were talking about this. I think the best thing to do would be to replace the current autos on the map with silenced ARs. No more storm rifle or brute plasma rifle. There would only be one or two on the map, basically like a plasma pistol.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Before we go too far down the rabbit hole of placing autos on the map, didn't @@Neighbor say they were looking at auto sandbox fixes? Seems like that'd be a better starting point.

Tuning the AR down just a bit could do wonders.

Gunfighter magnums should replace some autos on maps. Especially the brute on coli

Also why not put silenced magnums on maps too

• Upvote (+1) 1

As far as the smaller player base in regards to Halo, I feel that movement mechanics are a lot to blame. 343 seems to cling to them and thinks, "Oh if we have all these cool looking mechanics in the game, people will have more fun playing." That's exactly why I've stopped playing. Because I can't commit a lot of time to the game, when I did get on, it felt like I got owned and was slow to move around the map because I was so far behind with the different mechanics. Halo 2 and 3 were so much fun to me because it felt like I could just pick up a controller and play. Does anyone else feel this way?

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So how much time do we have between now and the new league starting up?

This is the perfect time to at least discuss in depth making changes to the HCS. I'm talking League Structure, Settings, Maps, Rules etc. This is the time to gather all feedback as well as hopefully discuss which areas are being worked on specifically to help ensure the community is at ease regarding certain aspects. For example, we don't need to know the exact dates and locations for the open events, but it would be nice to know that you are at least looking into specific areas well ahead of time.

If we are unable to have a legitimate conversation with the people in charge of these decisions then we will be no better off then where we currently are, which is in my opinion actually DECLINING and not staying the same or growing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As far as the smaller player base in regards to Halo, I feel that movement mechanics are a lot to blame. 343 seems to cling to them and thinks, "Oh if we have all these cool looking mechanics in the game, people will have more fun playing." That's exactly why I've stopped playing. Because I can't commit a lot of time to the game, when I did get on, it felt like I got owned and was slow to move around the map because I was so far behind with the different mechanics. Halo 2 and 3 were so much fun to me because it felt like I could just pick up a controller and play. Does anyone else feel this way?

I personally feel like the movement mechanics are relatively easy and don't present that much of a learning curve for people who are familiar with past halo titles.

Like I still haven't mastered using thrusts in 1v1 pistol battles, but that doesn't really matter unless I'm playing ranked at an onyx/champion level. At the end of the day, if you can shoot well you can have complete dogshit movement and still get to at least mid diamond in any playlist.

I hope this didn't come off as insulting, as that wasn't my intent. I just think some people think they're not doing well because of the movement mechanics, when really they just need to improve their shot.

• Upvote (+1) 7

That's debatable. I like Scump, but I would give AW or BO3 to Formal.

Formal is more consistent, but Scump is 100% the most dangerous player any CoD when he's on fire.

I think a change to radar would arguably help Pistola out more than anyone. Post radar change will be a different game, any team changes for the top 3 are way too premature.

Agree on both points. Ola's playstyle would definitely benefit from no-radar.

How did I match a t03 (2 Onyx, one Diamond 6) in Proving Grounds while solo-queing when the guys I get on my team are literally Silver 2-5? Like they were actually ranked Silver 2, 4, and 5

• Upvote (+1) 4

So how much time do we have between now and the new league starting up?

The latest it could start would be mid-may if you add a couple weeks for a LAN and Bye week.

At most they have 6 or 7 weeks

Everyone on the last few pages of the old thread were talking about the 1-50 system and even though I do prefer 1-50 over the division ranks (diamond, onyx, champion) I think the best way to drive people to continue playing is adding the playlist exp like they did in halo 3. There was nothing better than getting your 50 then grinding for hours upon hours to reach your 50 with a 5 star general (2k exp if I remember correctly) in a specific playlist

am I the only one that got annoyed when hecz walked into the stage?

• Downvote (-1) 30

How did I match a t03 (2 Onyx, one Diamond 6) in Proving Grounds while solo-queing when the guys I get on my team are literally Silver 2-5? Like they were actually ranked Silver 2, 4, and 5

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it, soloqing in Halo 5 is the worst soloq experience I've ever had, which is pretty god damn sad considering how much time I've put into League of Legends.

• Upvote (+1) 7

https://youtu.be/1RehuvqV6Wk

This video in combination with the comments under the video have made me want to seek out therapy.

Im depressed after reading the comment section. I dont know why I expected anything else tbh.

I really wish i could understand why esl's venue hunt never got past the "conversation" stage. There are thousands of adequately equipped convention halls scattered throughout the country. Most metropolitan areas have several- many of which already have rooms with theatre seating...

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it, soloqing in Halo 5 is the worst soloq experience I've ever had, which is pretty god damn sad considering how much time I've put into League of Legends.

That's the result of a ranking system meant for a heavy populated game being used for a low populated game.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The matchmaking guru (can't remember his name, sorry) said that FFA and Proving Grounds had their matchmaking opened up compared to other playlists.  That's the why, now whether it's a good idea or not is another question.  It's always a trade off with wait times.  It usually doesn't bother me, happens all the time in CoD especially.