Sign in to follow this  
Doju

HaloCustoms.com 1 v 1 Tourney

Copied from Halocustoms.com (original link) http://halocustoms.com/threads/halocustoms-1v1-tournament.11114/#post-58682

Credit goes to ItsDaxx for all this

Today, we would like to announce the HaloCustoms 1v1 Unity Tournament. After weeks of planning we have found what are, in our opinion, the best gametype and the best maps for this event. Our very own 
Dax, at the helm of his new Youtube channel The Halo Network, has brought in the help of a man known as Doju, the creator of the popular competitive Unity gametype. Doju has made a new Unity, designed for 1v1 battles, with which this tournament will be used.

Just like our recent minigame competition, the victor of this tournament will have quite the bounty. Gamermodz.com is full of great people, and they've offered a unique controller design for the winner. Battle your way to the top, and you will soon find earn this Gamermodz custom, modded Xbox controller for yourself.

Halo_4_Xbox_360_Console_13422014826776.j

Details:

• Sign ups for the tournament will run until the end of Friday, July 26th, with a follow-up announcement soon afterword to further explain how the rounds will be set up and run.
  • We'll be capping the player limit to 256 players, so don't wait too long to sign up!
  • This will be a double-elimination tournament, so if you lose one game you still have a shot at the title!

The Maps:

We have selected an array of fantastic 1v1 maps for you all to play, and will be revealing them in the following weeks.

• New maps will be revealed a week before the round they are to be played in

Prizes:

We love Gamermodz. I think they might have a thing for us too, because they have offered us another controller. We don't really have a need for it though, at least that's what Insane tells me, so one of you guys can have it. I just figure that making you shoot each other for it will be more fun than simply giving it away.

• A unique, Halo-themed controller, courtesy of Gamermodz. The website offers their concentration in custom-built gaming controllers, the one we're giving away optionally modded with their SPS-X2 rapidfire mod.
• Gamermodz's Halo-themed Xbox skin.

Let the fun begin
Here's your chance to test your aim and your instincts, and maybe even win a controller from Gamermodz in the process. Pick your weapon wisely, because that's all that you'll have when you enter the arena. I wish you all the best of luck.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nice! I'll check the details and sign up later when I'm at my desktop PC. Good to hear it's Unity I can't stand the PGL 1v1 settings... :P

It isn't really clear when this takes place. 

No confirmed date, but I think its not going to be a 1 day thing, like, you have a certain amount of days to complete your game.

Modded controller for 2nd round?

#k

2nd round in a reach FFA ehhh whatever game sucked lol then 2nd round in a 4v4 tourney (My team didn't/still dont play the game.) Soo call me when that H4 FFA tourney rolls around bro bro. 

:bravo:

Great of you to post this Doju. Also-

It isn't really clear when this takes place. 

I'll be uploading a more informative video some time tomorrow where I'll explain the details, how the tourney will be run, etc. This was more of a promo video. So stay tuned! The plan is actually to have full youtube coverage of the tourney to hopefully spur more interest in the 1v1 scene (which at this point is basically nonexistent).

As for prizes, I'm trying to work on getting a few more. Suggestions?

• Upvote (+1) 2

#k

2nd round in a reach FFA ehhh whatever game sucked lol then 2nd round in a 4v4 tourney (My team didn't/still dont play the game.) Soo call me when that H4 FFA tourney rolls around bro bro. 

:bravo:

:p only jking bro

Great of you to post this Doju. Also-

I'll be uploading a more informative video some time tomorrow where I'll explain the details, how the tourney will be run, etc. This was more of a promo video. So stay tuned! The plan is actually to have full youtube coverage of the tourney to hopefully spur more interest in the 1v1 scene (which at this point is basically nonexistent).

As for prizes, I'm trying to work on getting a few more. Suggestions?

Microsoft points? Headsets? Pictures of you?

Just to say about the maps (that will be confirmed next week), the general layout will be

Static drop spawn weapon on 90s and a 120s weapon too. All with low ammo. Quick spawning weapons to ensure movement throughout on small maps. No 16sk Overshields.

Just to say about the maps (that will be confirmed next week), the general layout will be

Static drop spawn weapon on 90s and a 120s weapon too. All with low ammo. Quick spawning weapons to ensure movement throughout on small maps. No 16sk Overshields.

I'm assuming you're using non-TU settings then?

I'm assuming you're using non-TU settings then?

No, TU, theres no Overshields at all

Excuse the dullness, it was after midnight when I got around to recording this.

Any chance of this tourney getting a RT from the site?

Now that you said it? Chances down 200%.

@Dax Rail variant looks cool, I like the lights under the weapons. I'm assuming that's the first map (or the first map in testing)?