Sign in to follow this  
beyonder187

Best rpg to play in 2017?

I can't think of any that actually came out in 2017.

I assume serious 3D RPG's right?

The Dark Souls games are timeless.  Especially the first one.

I would highly recommend Nier automata. It's going to be one of the sleeper games of this year but im having a blast with it so far. Also the booty>>

I would highly recommend Nier automata. It's going to be one of the sleeper games of this year but im having a blast with it so far. Also the booty>>

"sleeper"

lol i see this game more than i see any other game other than lol/dota/csgo, etc. 

Torment: Tides of Numenera releases on Tuesday.

Loved my first play-through of TToM, not the most polished game combat wise but nobody played Planescape:Torment for its stellar combat either. Loved exploring the abstract nuanced world, sometimes doing the "bad" thing in TToM can lead to the most interesting and sometimes even the happiest outcome in the end. We need more thinking man rpg's like this nowadays, I would actually love to see more abstract games in general in this mold.

Cant wait for Divinity 2 though, the original is easily my fav RPG of the last couple years. I played the early-access version and the sequel looks and feels even better, even the combat seems more nuanced/difficult which is awesome that they haven't forgotten their roots. This is kind of like a mini-golden age for CRPG's right now and I absolutely love it! <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

Loved my first play-through of TToM, not the most polished game combat wise but nobody played Planescape:Torment for its stellar combat either. Loved exploring the abstract nuanced world, sometimes doing the "bad" thing in TToM can lead to the most interesting and sometimes even the happiest outcome in the end. We need more thinking man rpg's like this nowadays, I would actually love to see more abstract games in general in this mold.

Cant wait for Divinity 2 though, the original is easily my fav RPG of the last couple years. I played the early-access version and the sequel looks and feels even better, even the combat seems more nuanced/difficult which is awesome that they haven't forgotten their roots. This is kind of like a mini-golden age for CRPG's right now and I absolutely love it! Beyond%20Hearts.png

Hell yeah, dude. Triple A developers have been dropping the ball (except for CD Projekt; they kick ass), but multiple indie developers have been fucking killing it in the past few years. Still waiting on that Ultima Underworld spiritual sequel, System Shock remake, System Shock 3, Bard's Tale, Divinity 2, Cyberpunk...

And Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition just came out. Spoiler: game's still incredible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The complete edition of the Witcher 3. Any full version of Dark Souls 1-3 or Bloodborne. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. All of those games are more than exceptional but the new Zelda is actually amazing even by Zelda standards and it fits into some of the more traditional RPG elements more than other Zelda games. The choice between them all is really do you prefer puzzle solving (Zelda), really in depth dialogue and story (Witcher), or carefully crafted and rewarding combat (Dark Souls). 

I just started Horizon Zero Dawn. Gameplay is fun thus far with an interesting story and protagonist, but man...the graphics are breathtakingly beautiful. I've heard lots of great things about it, but if there's one thing I already love its the graphics. One of the most visually stunning games I've ever played.