CyReN

"Every Halo FPS will have Split-Screen going forward" via Bonnie Ross

I think the majority will be more than happy with this news but there will still be scepticism especially until we know how it will be implemented and well....its 343 isn't it !

LAN better come back too, but SS coming back is awesome and a good start.

SS may not be used by many people regularly, so from a pure numbers perspective it probably didn't look worth devoting resources or delaying the game to get it working.

But the people that do use it even occasionally or the best salespeople and brand ambassadors you can ask for.  Their impact is incredibly hard to measure but shouldn't be thrown away like they did with halo 5.  The same goes for LAN.  Most people wont use it, but the people who do are the ones that will convince others to buy your game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think the majority will be more than happy with this news but there will still be scepticism especially until we know how it will be implemented and well....its 343 isn't it !

Thats the thing,  I dont think the implementation really matters as long as it works.

If it's 720p 30fps it doesn't matter.  When you are playing split screen you aren't looking for the best game performance or graphical experience.  You are looking to have a good time with the person sitting next to you.  343 seems to be taking that into account now.  HOpefully it sticks

• Upvote (+1) 1

Curious what people would be happy with in terms of split-screen. Are we hoping a full four player split-screen returns or are we happy with just two player?

Curious what people would be happy with in terms of split-screen. Are we hoping a full four player split-screen returns or are we happy with just two player?

I doubt we'll ever see 4 player SS again so long as 343 is insistent on their current lighting and rendering techniques.

I'd love to see them go back to baked lighting and hand drawn textures because it provides better readability with less overhead. This would make for a cleaner look, and open up the door and make 4p SS and LAN support less of a technical challenge.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would be happy with 2P SS locked 30fps, my nephew is just starting to get into video games properly and it would be cool to get him into Halo, he was a bit put off with how old the other games were on MCC. I just hope it isn't solely for campaign.

I want just 2, I think if they went 4 it would start effecting how game encounters/play spaces/other things are built.

Naw...not trolling. I completely understand why you have hated not having split screen...I'm with you there.

I guess I just expected something else in response. 

It better be 4 player. If they can't handle that then maybe they should ease up on the super HD, ultra shiny, 1000000000 polygon textures so it can actually be stable.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Also important to note that classic Halo gameplay and level design complimented splitscreen extremely well.

Like most aspects of Halo, it works better within the classic formula.

• Upvote (+1) 3

definitely needs to be 4 players.

when i was a kid, i thought "the 2nd xbox will have 8 player splitscreen!"

really, people are playing on 80" tvs now. We finally got enough real estate for at least 4 person split screen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gears got it nailed in every aspect as far as I know.

Split screen on every multiplayer gamemode

PC/Xbox Cross play on every game mode except ranked

They tested out MM Social Cross play playlist and it worked so therefore they implemented

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gears-of-war-4-xbox-one-pc-cross-play-for-multipla/1100-6447342/ 

I don't see why H6 can't follow...

Did I just jinx anything?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I want just 2, I think if they went 4 it would start effecting how game encounters/play spaces/other things are built.

If it forces them to tone down their hideous, cluttered, animu overload graphics, then sign me up for the 4 player split-screen master race. Sounds like an unintended benefit to me.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Gears got it nailed in every aspect as far as I know.

Split screen on every multiplayer gamemode

PC/Xbox Cross play on every game mode except ranked

They tested out MM Social Cross play playlist and it worked so therefore they implemented

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gears-of-war-4-xbox-one-pc-cross-play-for-multipla/1100-6447342/

I don't see why H6 can't follow...

Did I just jinx anything?

No reason to expect anything less than what the coalition offered with gears 4 then.

Why are all the fanboys getting hyped over this?

Oh there first halo was halo 5.....

Right....

I think you are confusing relief with 'hype'.

Been playing since CE. Losing Split-screen was massively disappointing. Never should have been cut, but I'm glad it's coming back.

I don't understand the hyperbole

Why are all the fanboys getting hyped over this?

Oh there first halo was halo 5.....

Right....

What is with this shitty attitude?

People are happy it is back, simple.

What is with this shitty attitude?

People are happy it is back, simple.

Because Halo's been shit for 10 years and 343 is a garbage company. We've been let down FOUR STRAIGHT games. It's understandable for people not to be enthusiastic about Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Because Halo's been shit for 10 years and 343 is a garbage company. We've been let down FOUR STRAIGHT games. It's understandable for people not to be enthusiastic about Halo 6.

Fine,

But calling people who are glad about the return of splitscreen "hyped" "fanboys" who only started playing at H5 doesn't make sense.

Someone can be disappointed in 343s direction and be happy about splitscreen at the same time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And this somehow means the only people happy about this news are fanboys whose first Halo game was Halo 5?

You can dislike the directions Halo went and the decisions 343 for made but don't be a child claiming the only people happy about this news are fanboys who didn't play Halo before 2015.

• Upvote (+1) 1