CyReN

"Every Halo FPS will have Split-Screen going forward" via Bonnie Ross

Lots of negativity here.  I was pissed about H5 losing a 2001 feature too, but I'm pumped to know couch co-op is coming back. Woo woo!

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm just happy that I'll be able to jump in social in the current game with a friend when he comes over instead of having to get my PTSD triggered by playing MCC

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm just happy that I'll be able to jump in social in the current game with a friend when he comes over instead of having to get my PTSD triggered by playing MCC

Does that bug still happen where it takes like an extra 2 minutes to load into a game when a second account is signed in?

Ok, but Josh Holmes said this about Halo 5 so

Screen_Shot_2017_02_23_at_3_39_21_PM.png

And the backlash hasn't stopped since.

Ok, but Josh Holmes said this about Halo 5 so

Screen_Shot_2017_02_23_at_3_39_21_PM.png

I dunno, it's pretty clear to me that split screen WAS an intended feature, that was cut due to time constraints and poor prioritization.

Frankie even re-confirmed this today in the neogaf thread linked in this thread.

I think the problem is they aimed for 60fps locked, and went to far down that hole before they realized they couldn't get it working in time for launch.

Split screen would mean shitty graphics on the Xbox One, Scorpio can definitely handle splitscreen and graphical improvements.

LAN play and Split-screen are such "console"-centric feature, it makes consoles look their place by not having them.

Things Halo FPS needs moving forward

1. All features(Campaign, Multiplayer, Casual, Ranked, Forge, Gametypes, Theater) on LAUNCH
  2. Splitscreen
  3. LAN Play for Xbox and Windows 10
  4. Crossplay with Windows 10 
  5. Full game launches on Windows 10

crossplay except in ranked

• Upvote (+1) 2

Crossplay for only Firefight & co-op.

Customs and Forge too, thanks.

I dunno, it's pretty clear to me that split screen WAS an intended feature, that was cut due to time constraints and poor prioritization.

Frankie even re-confirmed this today in the neogaf thread linked in this thread.

I think the problem is they aimed for 60fps locked, and went to far down that hole before they realized they couldn't get it working in time for launch.

H4 had terrible split screen. I would imagine H5 would have been worse. Not surprised they cut it given their priorities

H4 had terrible split screen. I would imagine H5 would have been worse. Not surprised they cut it given their priorities

If they prioritized visual readability and scalability over their hideous, "next gen" animu screen vomit, it wouldn't be a problem.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Don't you guys think allowing halo on pc would make the console scene irrelevant?

no because people will always be terrified of building their own pc

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can't wait for them to parade it around as some "new feature" once halo 6 is announced

"Free innovative advancements/additions".

Yay, now we just need LAN and we'll be back to 2001 standards.

• Upvote (+1) 5

no because people will always be terrified of building their own pc

In terms of competition, not player base. Former Halo pros getting destroyed by pc players. You could run separate tourneys obviously but PC will always be more competitive, so what happens to all the current pros.

This is just something I've wondered for a while when they say Halo needs to come to pc.

In terms of competition, not player base. Former Halo pros getting destroyed by pc players. You could run separate tourneys obviously but PC will always be more competitive, so what happens to all the current pros.

This is just something I've wondered for a while when they say Halo needs to come to pc.

you're assuming they are going to match xbox controller players vs pc KB+M players

cross play could work if they make it xbox controller vs pc controller only 

• Upvote (+1) 1