ThatTrueLegend

The Loud Footsteps Of Halo 4...

Should spartan footsteps continue to be loud in future Halo titles?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Should spartan footsteps continue to be loud in future Halo titles?

• YES, OMG, I love them, they help me so much!
    • For the love of god and everything holy, NO WAY!

Saucey, we're not debating footsteps themselves, but how loud of a noise they should make. People just type words to type words.

Yes.. and I said I think they are fine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The footsteps are terrible in this game. They levels they were at in previous games were perfect, you could still hear them but you had to be focused on them...now you can be half-assing it and hear someone from across the map push you, everyone is gifted with godly awareness in h4 because of it. Flanking/pushing is damn near comical at times because of how ridiculous the footsteps are. 1v1s are ruined in this game because of them and I know about the "creep-walk" that was mentioned in the OP, I played 1 GB match and saw my opponent doing it and never played another...lmao. The overall sound in this game wasn mixed properly imo, just look at how annoying rockets are when you use them...that piercing sound is terrible and obviously isn't good for your ears.

It's a damn shame that we can't use the perk to dampen footstep noises in custom games because it is attached to a specialization (wetworks). I would rather have no footsteps and force everyone to be super aware rather than knowing exactly where my opponents are at all times because of radar i can hear.

They must have spent them self broke. They were using lower caliber bullets before too, thats why the BR was 5-shot right? Kappa

Looks like a mod thought that was offensive and deleted my post :frank:

Ill agree that spartans are not just big lugs stomping around but the canon also states that spartans have incredibly sensitive hearing. Its logical to assume that spartans could hear each other running around in spartan armor(maybe not to the levels in h4-why am i hearing someone who is ring 1 while i am ring 3 on abandon?!)

Honestly I would like the sound of the footsteps reduced just a little, that way the people with a keen sense of awareness can tell when they are being flanked or about to be back smacked. It just gives us a tid bit more of a skill gap, which this game clearly lacks. 

I think the loud footsteps can take away the importance of teamwork, mainly communication. Also, it's difficult to have the element of surprise anymore. #IwasTHISclose

I've disliked the volume of the footsteps since Halo Reach.

I do believe that sound is an important factor in competitive Halo, however being able to hear the footsteps from players that aren't even close to you is ridiculous. It allows players to rely too heavily on sound to the point where they don't have to think. I've been in a situation where I was on my own attic on Adrift and I heard a player in my basement hall moving towards my flag. In my opinion, I should not have gotten that much information solely from sound...especially given the significant distance between the opposing player and myself. If that same situation occurred in H2/H3, that player would have successfully gotten behind my entire team without us knowing and could have made a play.

23665328.jpg

Im not talking about stealth, there's a technique to hide your footsteps in any playlist/gametype.

EDIT: I reread your OP, Why do you have a problem with creep walking? You argue that the loud footsteps ruin the game, then you argue that silent footsteps ruin the game. mfw  :walshy:

Yes, I think they both ruin the game, and make it less enjoyable.. It's not broken, just something that irks me, I just hope to not see them again in future Halo's.

Yeah it's really irritating.  Needs to be toned down to where you can only here them slightly if your volume is high.  Past games were perfect imo

When theres constant shooting and your team is communicating properly you don't hear footsteps and don't really need to.

I always hear people spawn, not sure how I feel about that.

I think it's stupid, I can hear people spawning, I can hear people reloading from a mile away, I can hear people picking up grenades and even crouch walking... The game sound is really messed up and I hope for H5, they spend more time on it because it sounds very rushed in this game.

They are way too loud. Granted, in previous games they were so quiet that you basically couldn't hear them at all which I'm not entirely convinced is the way to go (Having said that, it's never once been an issue)  - but now they have just gone a step too far. I can hear so much with my astros it's crazy.

In fact, everything is too loud in Halo 4. The entire game is far too loud. Even the stupid sounds some of the maps make (Monolith omfg) are far too loud.

I think it's stupid, I can hear people spawning, I can hear people reloading from a mile away, I can hear people picking up grenades and even crouch walking... The game sound is really messed up and I hope for H5, they spend more time on it because it sounds very rushed in this game.

Yeah you're right, I can hear all of that, it is really stupid.

They are way too loud. Granted, in previous games they were so quiet that you basically couldn't hear them at all which I'm not entirely convinced is the way to go (Having said that, it's never once been an issue)  - but now they have just gone a step too far. I can hear so much with my astros it's crazy.

In fact, everything is too loud in Halo 4. The entire game is far too loud. Even the stupid sounds some of the maps make (Monolith omfg) are far too loud.

I agree with you, the entire game is way too loud.  :wacko:

The footsteps are fine in my opinion. I would rather have a nice BR battle then just whack someone in the back or get whacked in the back.

Yes.. and I said I think they are fine.

No, you said "I like the footsteps." Without ever mentioning their sound and/or provided no logical argument to support yourself. Hell, being that vague might get you hired at Virgin Gaming or 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The footsteps are fine in my opinion. I would rather have a nice BR battle then just whack someone in the back or get whacked in the back.

It happened in previous halos and nothing was wrong with it.

When it comes to 1v1 it just completely ruins it maybe they should just add the sound of footsteps when you sprint..... Eh better yet take it out

• Upvote (+1) 1

I play mostly slayer pro and honestly don't have an issue with the footsteps while sprinting or running. Although, i think if you crouch-walk you should be silent, as stealth is the purpose of crouch walking. I play with surround sound turtle beaches and have noticed people running around the maps without making noise. How is this possible, since there are no load outs in slayer pro? I can't even begin to explain how angry i get when i get assassinated by some silent ***hole. When i watch the kill cam, its like their walking on clouds while i'm running with tap shoes. If i were in infiniti slayer, i would understand they are using wetwork, which i also use, but this is in slayer pro. I seem to notice it even more in doubles pro. Possibly because there are less people to keep track of. Perhaps i'm just ******** and don't know how the specialization work. Someone please enlighten me.   

This. It annoys the heck out of me, the spawning especially. The crouch walking is just plain poor design. Crouching should be practically silent.. that's the point.. :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Only up close (i.e., when they're not two fucking levels below you), and jumping/crouching should be pretty much silent.  You should have to strategically jump to avoid making noise, but not to the extent it's at currently.  Halo is not Splinter Cell.

You know what, they should just cut it out.

• Upvote (+1) 1