Sign in to follow this  
Dark Link7

Why don't more people support Project Cartographer and Halo Online?

Hmm. Am interested in seeing what you've changed when it comes out.

Not sure when they'll push the new code, so Ill just explain the mod here.

3 shot kill BR, reduced auto-aim on most all weapons, no dual weilding, static weapon and player spawns, quick camo, removed spawn protection, and complete weapon rebalancing. Im sure im missing some stuff, but thats the gist of it.

I'm sure no one in the H2V community has actually undertaken that task.

Hey, I undertake a lot of tasks. Whether or not I ever actually finish them is another story.

3 shot kill BR, reduced auto-aim on most all weapons, no dual weilding, static weapon and player spawns, quick camo, removed spawn protection, and complete weapon rebalancing. Im sure im missing some stuff, but thats the gist of it.

Did you find a way to make static weapons with tag changes or external scripting?

Playing Halo Online/Dewrito makes me wish Halo 3 was actually ported to the PC instead of just playing this Facade with Sprint and terribly designed weapons. But I haven't given Project Cartographer a chance and may check it out soon since I've been primarily been playing PC since my Hype for Halo 5 has died and the drive for competitive was killed with the game.  

90% percent of the servers for Halo Online has sprint disable.  There's also always a good number of servers that have either BR or DMR starts too.  And There's always at least one MLG server open which is a fuck ton of fun.  Just saying that it's very possible to find a Halo 3 experience on Halo Online.  

Fun fact:  DMR starts in Halo 3 is a fuck ton of fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's a lot better arena shooters on PC I could be playing instead.  No, Halo isn't an arena shooter, but in a way that's essentially my point.

Halo 2 is slower and has a smaller aiming skillgap than those games.

Halo 2 has far inferior sandbox design and sandbox balance to those games.  You could easily rectify that by making map variants with modified weapons, but I'm sure no one in the H2V community has actually undertaken that task.

Halo PC doesn't suffer from those problems as much, but it does suffer from netcode that is absolutely embarrassing by even 2000's standards.

Halo Online is just an amalgamation of Halo 3 and Halo 4.  Don't really care.

I don't really understand why since Halo is on the PC it all of a sudden sucks.  Like it's still the same Halo 2 with the low aim skillgap and inferior sandbox design that everyone on this forum praises.  In fact, you can argue that the experience is even better on PC with features like being able to increase the FOV and having the choice between MKB or a gamepad.  Yeah there are better arena shooter options but there has always been better options since Halo has been on console.  You can pretty much have the same console experience from 2004 by plugging in a gamepad, lowering the FOV to 75, and reducing the resolution to 360p lol.

90% percent of the servers for Halo Online has sprint disable.  There's also always a good number of servers that have either BR or DMR starts too.  And There's always at least one MLG server open which is a fuck ton of fun.  Just saying that it's very possible to find a Halo 3 experience on Halo Online.  

Fun fact:  DMR starts in Halo 3 is a fuck ton of fun.

Hmmm never knew that. It has been a while since I played it last. May have to give it a go DMR starts does sound interesting and fun.

Did you find a way to make static weapons with tag changes or external scripting?

External scripting. There were no tags for static weapons or quick camo so I had to do it myself lol

Hmmm never knew that. It has been a while since I played it last. May have to give it a go DMR starts does sound interesting and fun.

Just gotta look out for team fiesta and infection. Those game types will get voted for every so often unfortunately :/

You can play Project cartographer at 120fps or 144fps, but the game isnt optimized and will experience screen tears if you don't have a nvidia G-sync, the guys were on a discord one time trying to get 120fps to work smoothly, but it was a semi-nightmare. 

Just an heads up, to people that are wondering about frame caps

You can play Project cartographer at 120fps or 144fps, but the game isnt optimized and will experience screen tears if you don't have a nvidia G-sync, the guys were on a discord one time trying to get 120fps to work smoothly, but it was a semi-nightmare. 

Just an heads up, to people that are wondering about frame caps

I plan on buying a freesync monitor, so I assume that would work?

I plan on buying a freesync monitor, so I assume that would work?

No one really knows, it's kind of a new thing really and people are still experimenting, try for yourself, if you do get a freesync monitor

H2V is okay with a controller I guess, as in, if you play it like you'd play Halo 2 on xbl. Halo Online is just a mess. M00kz made a balance mod for it that's pretty much H3 and it got ditched by the devs who said he doesn't know what he's doing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can play H2V any time I'll be there, but Bungie isn't developing Halo 2 anymore and standards are high for PC games. This is a good time for more patches to be rolling out and I'd rather the new devs focus even more on making Halo 2 better than what Bungie left behind and bring sandbox tweaks and other things to the table.

Halo Online I can't really comment about. Card can't run it.

Wasn't even aware project cartographer was released, last i knew of it, it was a big work in progress and seemed like it'd either take awhile to finish or not at all. I'll give it a shot, how is it?

Wasn't even aware project cartographer was released, last i knew of it, it was a big work in progress and seemed like it'd either take awhile to finish or not at all. I'll give it a shot, how is it?

Aside from the extremely low player count, it is a lot fun.  I personally love playing halo with MKB over a gamepad and being able to increase the FOV to something like 95 is SOOOO nice.  I'd say like 75% of the time you can always at least find an MLG FFA lobby thats up.  I'm always in that lobby.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aside from the extremely low player count, it is a lot fun.  I personally love playing halo with MKB over a gamepad and being able to increase the FOV to something like 95 is SOOOO nice.  I'd say like 75% of the time you can always at least find an MLG FFA lobby thats up.  I'm always in that lobby.

I still haven't tried it out, mostly because I don't trust a lot of stuff but anyway not that it matters but turns out I was thinking of "installation 01" or whatever in my previous comment. So I didn't even know about this.

Not sure when they'll push the new code, so Ill just explain the mod here.

You think you could do a default version with just the static timers too? 

You think you could do a default version with just the static timers too?

Yeah. You could also just make a new option in the h2f ini file so that it only enables static timers.