aPK

V5 / Future Settings + Sprint vs. No Sprint [UPDATE]

To be honest no one was even attacking Ghost.  We were having a calm discussion in the v5 thread and I'm confused why some of the posts from the staff in there were acting like vulgar posts had been made.

It's not a huge deal but still

As in keeping your gun raised or ready to aim regardless, while still being able to use the boost of speed?

Does anyone even know if it is possible to change the sprint mechanic in-game? I know you can make it go away faster / take longer to recharge (something like that was tested in the unity mods), but what about other stuff?

These options would be great in my opinion.  Reduce the amount of sprint energy a player has by like 15-25%.  Then make it recharge 15% slower too.  I think that would be cool.  We wouldn't have to worry about the impact NS has on maps and segregating the community.

Even the keep your gun aimed while sprint would be interesting, but that seems improbable.  My above paragraph is a reasonable change for all Halo players I think.

To be honest no one was even attacking Ghost.  We were having a calm discussion in the v5 thread and I'm confused why some of the posts from the staff in there were acting like vulgar posts had been made.

It's not a huge deal but still

You don't see the attacks because we deal with it.

Here is what I think of sprint.

Halo CE: Amazing game. Didn't have sprint.

Halo 2: Amazing game. Didn't have sprint.

Halo 3: Decent game. Didn't have sprint.

Halo Reach: Terrible game. Had sprint.

ZBNS Reach: Decent game. Didn't have sprint.

Halo 4: Terrible game. Has sprint.

So No Sprint gets two amazings and two decents. 

Sprint gets two terribles. 

I think it is pretty clear whether sprint belongs in Halo or not. It is seriously that simple. 

Granted, sprint in Halo 4 is not as bad as Halo Reach sprint, but it really doesn't belong in Halo. It was a cheap gimmick thrown in to attract CoD fanboys and it took map design down with it.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

You don't see the attacks because we deal with it.

there weren't any attacks to be dealt with to begin with though, just you guys going out of your way to try and dis-credit the people that were question what really happened.

I've had Ghosts back since the friggin MLG forums, and I still do, but driving no sprint into their front door to at least get a TEST gametype is something we need desperately. We saw what a difference Reach was with ZBNS. 

I do wonder, on a side note, what would happen if a Modder came out with a Descoping gametype. Do you think 343 would agree to have it implemented as an option? The only reason they said they can't do it is because it would take too many resources, but I wonder if they could take the blow to their pride.

Why can't ghost give us no sprint just to shut our mouths? What does he have to lose? seriously? If it turns out to be bad he will say we asked for it and there we have it. If it turns out great he gets all the credit.

I don't understand, I seriously don't.

Ghost did a poll on waypoint and with over 2,000 votes favoring no sprint (88%), He did that poll to prove something yet he is not giving us no sprint when Quinn said he can, WHY?

Why can't ghost give us no sprint just to shut our mouths? What does he have to lose? seriously? If it turns out to be bad he will say we asked for it and there we have it. If it turns out great he gets all the credit.

I don't understand, I seriously don't.

Ghost did a poll on waypoint and with over 2,000 votes favoring no sprint (88%), He did that poll to prove something yet he is not giving us no sprint when Quinn said he can, WHY?

I guess you didn't watch the First Strike show last night. Ghost cleared it up for us, he said he's been asking for a NS gametype from Quinn for months now but still hasn't received it yet. The only time when he WAS offered it was before Throwdown even came out, but Ghost declined the offer due to the playlist not having any ground to stand on.

Ghost said he loves NS and he would test it if he had an official gametype from Quinn but he doesn't and he doesn't want to promote modded gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

there weren't any attacks to be dealt with to begin with though, just you guys going out of your way to try and dis-credit the people that were question what really happened.

False.

False.

funny, there was no instances of people saying ghost was a moron, no obscenities.. nothing. just people trying to get an answer.

funny, there was no instances of people saying ghost was a moron, no obscenities.. nothing. just people trying to get an answer.

Funny, I moderate and see all the hidden posts.

Funny, I moderate and see all the hidden posts.

that doesn't mean that anything you say is factually true, for all we know you could be lying to justify your harsh narcissistic actions.

that doesn't mean that anything you say is factually true, for all we know you could be lying to justify your harsh narcissistic actions.

So you believe this entire staff is lying? That's a terrible mentality to have since Ghost and staff have been pretty up front about everything. Even with all that we are even streaming NS customs at the moment and enjoying the settings.

Arguing about deleted posts will just get the new ones deleted. We might as well not bother since I'm looking at 3 users (not staff) who most likely saw those posts in their entirety.

I don't think there's a way to ever see them, but yeah.. They were clean posts that weren't deragratory, or filled with hate. There was simply confusion that we were all trying to sort out. It was impossible to lash out at someone considering we had no clue the situation.

My guess is they wanted to lock the thread so it didn't get out of control, then wait off ghosts huge announcement. Fair enough. I guess when they re-opened the thread they wanted more of a clean start then going back to a thread that had its last posts contain such confusion.

Personally I don't think questioning is a bad thing. I applaud you for your efforts in the thread masters, you managed to keep it clean while trying to get to the bottom of the situation

Oh cool someone can see the hidden posts? Mind showing us what was wrong in those posts so we can work on it for the future? I think that would be a big help.

Arguing about deleted posts will just get the new ones deleted. We might as well not bother since I'm looking at 3 users (not staff) who most likely saw those posts in their entirety.

I don't think there's a way to ever see them, but yeah.. They were clean posts that weren't deragratory, or filled with hate. There was simply confusion that we were all trying to sort out. It was impossible to lash out at someone considering we had no clue the situation.

My guess is they wanted to lock the thread so it didn't get out of control, then wait off ghosts huge announcement. Fair enough. I guess when they re-opened the thread they wanted more of a clean start then going back to a thread that had its last posts contain such confusion.

Personally I don't think questioning is a bad thing. I applaud you for your efforts in the thread masters, you managed to keep it clean while trying to get to the bottom of the situation

Oh cool someone can see the hidden posts? Mind showing us what was wrong in those posts so we can work on it for the future? I think that would be a big help.

If clean posts quote bad posts they may get removed. We never remove constructive posts.

That makes sense to me, I just don't remember quoting anyone who was intentionally trying to be a dick.

In all honesty I remember masters posts being blunt, but not containing hate. Anyone else I quoted already slipped my mind

That makes sense to me, I just don't remember quoting anyone who was intentionally trying to be a dick.

In all honesty I remember masters posts being blunt, but not containing hate. Anyone else I quoted already slipped my mind

None of his posts got deleted here.

Is there a difference between deleted and hidden? I don't want to turn this into something bigger than what it should be because its pretty irrelevant considering the direction the community seems to be going as a whole.

Is there a difference between deleted and hidden? I don't want to turn this into something bigger than what it should be because its pretty irrelevant considering the direction the community seems to be going as a whole.

They are essentially the same when talking to members. It's technically called 'hidden" for mods. We never hard delete posts in case we have to undo posts/have a record of member breaking rules etc.

there is no difference really, i believe the forum software only lets you hide posts from public view but not delete them from the database where posts are stored.

my posts here haven't been hidden, but, in the V5 discussion topic they were.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

there is no difference really, i believe the forum software only lets you hide posts from public view but not delete them from the database where posts are stored.

my posts here haven't been hidden, but, in the V5 discussion topic they were.

There is a difference, he just explained it. Hidden = hidden, can be undone. Deleted = deleted, gone, no more. Most forums never delete post but just hide them. You can stop now :bravo:

There is a difference, he just explained it. Hidden = hidden, can be undone. Deleted = deleted, gone, no more. Most forums never delete post but just hide them. You can stop now :bravo:

The timestamps were pretty close, there's a chance he didn't see Cyren's response before he posted. I don't know if thats neg worthy.

• Upvote (+1) 1