Sign in to follow this  
Nicktacular

Your First encounter playing with/against a PRO

First time I played against pros was on lvl 50 MLG against tD, game was our host, narrows CTF, game is 4-4, my brother does some ninja flank 1337 skills to their basement with the rocket he got from SK who I had killed, blows up 2 guys and weakens the third guy and my friend finishes him off, pulls the flag, we end up winning, obviously we had lost the game if it was their host since I am from EU but it still was an achievement in my Halo career

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think out of the few pros I've met, Walshy is by far the coolest. I know this sounds creepy and it sure would be awkward, but I wish we could hang out for a LAN or something. I think that would be pretty awesome.

Try telling that to Rhythm X lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvi09YBowcU

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo CE - Never matched a pro because it never had live and pro's always had their lobby closed when using xboxconnect.

Halo 2 - Never matched a pro because the ranking system actually worked and I was not good enough to match any of them unless I invited one to a custom game. (I liked this system the most because it would always match you to somebody at/around your playlist level)

Halo 3 - Matched against a few pros because I was leveling up becoming better at the game and learning the maps inside out, and only then I was able to go into matchmaking and sometimes go up against them.

Halo Reach - Played against pros all the time from the release, I never had to get good at the game nor level up to do so, this was completely based on luck and if I happened to find a random game at the same time as a pro we would get matched, there was no sense of achievement as there was in Halo 3 and no drive to try as hard as I usually would because there was no real ranking system put in place and I would not be punished for the loss. This led to lots and lots of unbalanced matches, it was very rare you would get matched against people who had the same ability as you, your team would get SHEET ON or your team would be SHEETING ON teams.

Halo 4 - Always getting matched against pros and although there is supposed to be a ranking system put in place I don't think it works the way it should do or like past Halo's ranking systems have worked. I feel the ranking system is just a placebo, we see the ranking system, we see our rank number but it don't mean a thing nor match us to a team within our rank.

Halo 5, or whatever they are going to call it - I believe 343 will get this right in terms of game play, ranking system etc etc due to some of the amazing updates Halo 4 has gone through the past few months, the game and the companies way of thinking has only got better and better since they released their game. Hopefully when their new game comes out I will not play against pro's until I am good enough to do so.

Anybody remember this rant months before the release of Halo 4? He was sooooooo right, also where is he? #Nexy

Sorry to slightly go off topic ha

Living in Ohio back in CE and Halo 2 days, my team would run into Dan and Tom Ryan (Ogre 1 and 2) all the time at local tournaments. Never beat them. After playing each other a couple of times in a row, we started talking and practicing together. Learned so much from both of them, and pretty sure Tom is a genius.

More recently, I played Totz in a game of throwdown, right around when the playlist came out. 90% sure he had no idea what was going on.