Sign in to follow this  
Nicktacular

Your First encounter playing with/against a PRO

First time I got matched against a pro was in a Sanc CTF game where me and my two friends got matched up against Heinz... just Heinz and he ended up going +50 against us with a frenzy in there somewhere to :) After that just Formal a few times where I also got shit on - he doesn't miss with the sniper haha

what ever happened to that manuscript about halo?

current wordcournt is like 30k, I'll get it finished one of these days. It just sucks cause the way halo is going it feels more and more pointless to work on it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really don't remember my first time playing pros on XBL for Halo 2 but I do remember my first time on LAN. A local lan center was having a weekend LAN and Walshy, Mackeo, Victory X, Pac, Slim, 50, Raype, and others showed up and played some MLG H2. Someone had to bail and they had a 8th spot open, played quite a few games and got my ass whooped. Think I only went positive on Ivory Tower TS.

I honestly don't think I've ever played against "Pros". I have matched up with quite a few European tournaments players however. Let's just say they won and leave the gory details and my subsequent spell in a mental hospital to the imagination.

I still see the bodies of my fellow teammates when I close my eyes...oh god, so many bodies.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 2. My neighbor and I played with OGRE 1 and OGRE 2 in FFAs. I was like 12 and I remember we were trying sooo hard lol.

current wordcournt is like 30k, I'll get it finished one of these days. It just sucks cause the way halo is going it feels more and more pointless to work on it.

cursed lemon's "what I would have done with halo 4" video is why I'm here to begin with, you would be surprised at how something so small could have such a big impact.

first pro i ever played against was Foulacy in H2 did really well asked him to play me 1v1 to 15 after the game he said yes which i was not expecting he beat me 15-11 on midship. Then gave me props that was pretty cool. 

First time I matched/played a pro was in Halo 2, I was always playing customs and 'tour de walsh's' with people i met in hardcore. eventually i got into a lobby with Naded, Killer N, and Neighbor who were hosting FFA's and I tried my hardest every game just so I could stay in the lobby and hopefully get recognized haha.. I was on that 12yr old grind towards being a professional gamer <3 

Played against Tsquared in MM Halo 3. Laggiest game of my life also lol It was awful.

My first game EVER was against RaYYYYYYpe and Butterz in doubles CTF on warlock in H2. Id be suprised if anyone remembered them, me and my friend beat them 5-4 and then like 2 months later we got into GuIVshots clan, Scrims and FFAs or something like that. Played A LOT of midship FFA with gun shot, and some other pros. Was a pretty cool experience, then I played Legit and  Tsquared in h3 on construct king. LOL they destroyed us, i went like neg 3 but tsquared and legit went huge. Played strongside on his way to winning the truck.... not a fun experience lol.

Another funny experience, I added Ghandi to my list WAYYYYY back in halo 2, said I met him at whatever the most previous MLG was at the time, he joined my FFA on Midship and said who are you? I quad shot him while he was crouching up and down and then he left and removed me... hahaha.

I was playing CTF in december, and it happened to be Ninja :kappa:

While I didn't play that much reach, I'm surprised that I didn't play any pros in my 250+ games of MLG. I find them a lot in throwdown though, and I match Naded once in a while in Rumble Pit.

First encounter was Ninja on Skyline TS. 2nd encounter, also Skyline TS against Legit & Goofy. Also have matched Absolutely (on my team) on dispatch extraction during v3.

Narrows CTF against Mikwen and lethul.  We were winning the entire game but they capped to tie it with literally 10 seconds left :/

I've matched with a few pros in H3 MLG. Won with Sypher on my team, lost to Totz, lost to Tsquared & Heinz. First time I ever played pros though was Narrows CTF in a 3v3 against Chig and Legend. We got massacred, I think I got one kill and the game was over in like 2 minutes.

First H4 game against pros was against Vibe Septic and some of his friends and they all backed out after going 2-0 down on Dispatch Extraction :)

I played lethul back in the old old days of halo 3 and we played his team in a custom, in which we won 3-0 :gandhi:  but after the 2nd game i talked mad trash then muted him and from my other teammates mic i could hear lethul just scream with anger haha Team Vengeance was defeated that day :kappa: .

Not sure if it was the first pro but the earliest one that sticks out is playing Keke on sanc slayer in reach. He went off and had like 2 overkills and an untouchable. 

I'm pretty sure I remember matching with NokternalKernal in the Halo 3 MLG playlist. It was one of those stupid games where everyone in the lobby was a 50 and I was like a 43. He complimented me afterwards because he probably thought I was going to drop a huge neg bomb (so did I to be fair) but I went a mighty +1 and we won the game.

I managed to get into some FFA customs with SK and Heinz in Reach also. And that's about it.

First time I matched a pro was back in H2, playing Team Hardcore.

Matched against Legit, T2, and Popcorn (semi at the time) plus one other guy I don't remember.

Did OK, I was kind of a scrub back then lol

Just play Team Throwdown, you will get matched up with plenty of pros. They are alot better than they seem if that makes sense. You think they would be extremly good but they arent THAT much better than the average throwdown player.

Just play Team Throwdown, you will get matched up with plenty of pros. They are alot better than they seem if that makes sense. You think they would be extremly good but they arent THAT much better than the average throwdown player.

individually the difference really isn't that much, setups/coordination/map control are what really seperates them from the rest.