Sign in to follow this  
Nicktacular

Your First encounter playing with/against a PRO

Pretty self explanatory I want to hear your stories of your first time playing with or against a pro.

My first pro I played with was ElamiteWarrior in H3 on Onslaught CTF. I believe we were down 3-0 and then he just randomly said "I'm not losing to these guys, just start pulling flags." We had about 2 minutes left in the game and thanks to Elamite's +33 we captured 4 flags and won. I realized I went +10 so I BACK out and my noob-self assumed my positive double digits had impressed Elamite and waited for a game invite...to my surprise I got no invite I mean come on! lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

Fonzi in Halo 2, because I knew his girlfriend. We played a lot of FFAs and 2v2s before he eventually began disliking me because his girlfriend disliked me. Lololol.

Now it seems like I'm bound to play at least a well-known player every time I set foot in Rumble Pit after 8pm EST.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Matched Ninja in Flood and just camped in one of the bases on Solace, all three rounds. Hadn't laughed so hard in my life.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

the first time I played with a pro it was in a game of halo 4 slayer pro with pistola, I was like "no way its pistola!" and he was like "no way its bluejay" and I felt all warm and fuzzy inside :D

lol I laughed.

First time I played with a pro.. was testing some forge maps with Ghost and a couple of the other THC guys. Was cool stuff. We tested Ender (Black Site in those days), Assault, Graphite, Opus, and Outlet, this extraction map. Ender/Black Site, Assault, and Opus are all in MM now, not sure about Graphite/Outlet.

I played terribly, hadn't got a game of Halo in a while before that. That's usual for me, I can't play too much Halo 4 at once or I'll get annoyed.

The first time i played against a pro was Snakebite and Flamesword in reach on Sanc slayer. SBite either lagged out or just quit in the middle of the game. The host was horrible though and everyone was in red/yellow the whole time. We ended up winning because the two randoms they got weren't too great but the connection that game was awful. It wasn't that fun. 

So the first time I ever played a pro was in Halo 2 in the Team Hardcore Playlist. It was on Warlock. It was CTF. It was a massacre. It was the Ogres and Walshy. They dominated my friend and I so badly that we walk different to this day. The Ogres had spawn killing down to an art on Warlock that I hung out the entire game with my best friend Respawn Screen.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I think it was Pre MLG Anaheim 2011 and I hoped in the HR MLG playlist with my roommate. Our first game we got matched against Destin in Sanc slayer. (I think his gamertag was like dabestinPA or something) My roommate goosed and I only got for kills while Destin got 19 kills and a Perfection.

First time I played against a pro was in Halo 3 against Flamesword on like Narrows or Construct forgot which one. 

Most memorable time was in Reach on Zealot CTF and Lethul was on my team and we had some really bad kid on our team and Lethul was talking some mad trash to this player and I just couldn't stop laughing. Lethul ended up going like +20 and I went like +5 but the guy Lethul was talking trash to went like -30. lol

• Upvote (+1) 5

Don't remember my first experience with a pro but one of my most recent... Played calm, reliable, and jerawakee on haven TS. We had a To4 and won 50-38, I went positive 4 ish with 10+ assists.

The first time I ever matched a pro was in MLG reach a few months before H4 came out. I was searching solo because no one was on and i matched Ninja and 2 of his friends (cant remember who the other two were.) It was countdown slayer and luckily I was on their team :P

We played against some german kids, and i remember choking with rockets a few times but overall did well in the game. I've matched pros more in H4 than i ever did in Reach though. It always makes me nervous when i do :ninja:

• Upvote (+1) 1

My H2 team was practice noobs for quite a few old pro teams including Storm ventures. I think the first pro i really got to know was either mackeo or naded, Playing FFa's on middy.

Don't remember my first experience with a pro but one of my most recent... Played calm, reliable, and jerawakee on haven TS. We had a To4 and won 50-38, I went positive 4 ish with 10+ assists.

lol, thought you were describing a pro's playstyle, not listing pros' names.. :p

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think the first pro I played against in matchmaking, that I can remember anyways, was Walshy. I remember mid game he was chasing me in the base and I heard him say, "Norkle where you goin buddy?" in the nicest voice. Yeah my name was Norkle back then:P 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think the first pro I played against in matchmaking, that I can remember anyways, was Walshy. I remember mid game he was chasing me in the base and I heard him say, "Norkle where you goin buddy?" in the nicest voice. Yeah my name was Norkle back then:P 

I think out of the few pros I've met, Walshy is by far the coolest. I know this sounds creepy and it sure would be awkward, but I wish we could hang out for a LAN or something. I think that would be pretty awesome.

Let me beat anyone to calling me on this post.

ha-gay-gif.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

In Halo 3 I got matched up against Enable and his old team, I forget their name now. In Halo 4 it was SK Halogod I'm pretty sure...

I matched a few in H3 but I dont exactly remember because it was so long ago. I know right when the MLG playlist was released for Reach I played SK and 3 more pros and they 3-0d us on Sanc flag in like 45 seconds.

I've only played a handful. When I started a team, we matched against... I believe it was StrongSide, Ace, Chig and FearItSelf. Narrows TS. It was very, very bad. I remember thinking I was good, and then I'd get into 1v1 BR fights against Chig and think "I got this" and then StrongSide would come out of fucking nowhere and clean me up. That game made me realize that like... you, as an individual, can be so good. But what really separates teams is their teamwork.

I also remember matching Gandhi and LegendPimps back when they were teaming for Halo 3. My friend Shocken was so excited when he cleaned up LegendPimps and then out BR'd Gandhi for a double. Literally freaking out and I was like "Yo that's great, but we're still losing so..."

Never matched anyone in Reach cause I hardly played, but I did match Ghostayame shortly after Throwdown came out. I remember cracking up because he actually got a JiP on Shutout and this mother fucker literally spent the entire game rotating between Sniper Tower, Blue and Bottom Middle with sniper and scattershot all fucking game. I remember sitting BR3 and I'd see our teammate jump to S3 and just see 'OGH057AYAME" appear and then a bunch of orange bursts in rapid succession.

I played Strongside and ElamiteWarrior in the Halo 2 challenge playlist. The gametype was FFA snipers on Beaver Creek, something that I was actually good at (I was a 43 in team snipers). I ended up coming in 3rd place, some rando came in 1st, elamite in 2nd, me in 3rd, strongside in 4th. It was surreal. I had beaten a pro. 

I might have played other pros before that but I didn't really know their names because I wasn't too involved in the competitive scene at the time. 

My first match with a Pro was during Reach and Crimsix was on my team. He raped. Never played against any Halo pros in H3 because I couldn't get passed 40.

Then in H4 I played against a tag, "Naded" Not sure if that's his current tag. Whoever it was, he ended up quitting about a minute into the match, so even if it was the real Naded, it doesn't really count.

Anyone else immediately start losing in their head before the game starts?

hell no... the moment I saw oghostayame I was "I'm gonna beat him at his own game!"

we got destroyed but I did get a triple against his team at one point (captain anarchy and ace were on his team aswell iirc)