Sign in to follow this  
CorporalWings0

What are your controller settings?

2.5x
3.0y

2 accel

H4 Control Scheme with Triggers switched, Bumpers switched, 'B' and Left Stick Click switched, so basically:

L-Trigger: Fire

R-Trigger: Grenade

L-bumper: Melee

R-bumper: Thruster

L-click: Crouch

R-click: Zoom

A: Jump

B: Sprint

X: Reload

Y: Switch

Been clawing since H5 launched, but I've just started to mess around without it, and my accuracy has gone from ~45-50 to ~55-60 every game, so no more claw, and I might readjust some things now.

EDIT: Also 0% Deadzones for both.  I had a controller with BAD slow turn so I used to use 15% outer.  Changing that to 0% made a huge difference with a new controller.

2.5x

3.0y

2 accel

H4 Control Scheme with Triggers switched, Bumpers switched, 'B' and Left Stick Click switched, so basically:

L-Trigger: Fire

R-Trigger: Grenade

L-bumper: Melee

R-bumper: Thruster

L-click: Crouch

R-click: Zoom

A: Jump

B: Sprint

X: Reload

Y: Switch

Been clawing since H5 launched, but I've just started to mess around without it, and my accuracy has gone from ~45-50 to ~55-60 every game, so no more claw, and I might readjust some things now.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Been trying every settings from the moment I bought this game. Was playing 4-2 but after the update they did 1 month ago 3-4 feels way better than 4-2. Default and 0% deadzones.

Standard Xbox One Controller

H:1.5

V:3.5

Acc: 3

0% Deadzones

No Vib

Helljumper with X (Thrust) mapped to RB (Grenades) so I can aim fully without letting go for thrust.

3/2 or 3/3 depending on the day.

Bumper jumper with X and RB switched.

I was playing helljumper on an elite with thrust on a paddle, but that shit broke and im jot buying another one. Should have gotten the warranty :(

giphy.gif

Don't knock it til you try it, bro.

In reality, I made the change when I started trying to claw seriously when MCC first came out.  I realized my right hand was in charge of firing my weapon, zooming, aiming, jumping, melee'ing, switch weapons, reload, and possibly one other action, while my left had to strafe, crouch, nade, and a single other action.  You're firing your weapon far more than throwing nades, and with aim and fire being on separate hands, firing can't have any effect on aim, from a physical/mechanical standpoint.  

So, with Halo 5, having aiming and firing/melee be on separate hands, and then moving and jump/thruster on separate hands, it basically splits the analog input (stick usage) and the binary action (trigger/button pressing) between two hands for each action.  In my head, there's more "balance".

Now, none of this is proven, and since I can't play much more than 10 hours a week these days, I have to try and find every other avenue to improve my gameplay, so at the very least it makes me feel better.

• Upvote (+1) 2

2.5x

4.5y

1 acc

0% DZ

bump jump

i miss using recon.. but its too late and im too old to learn claw lol

Don't knock it til you try it, bro.

In reality, I made the change when I started trying to claw seriously when MCC first came out.  I realized my right hand was in charge of firing my weapon, zooming, aiming, jumping, melee'ing, switch weapons, reload, and possibly one other action, while my left had to strafe, crouch, nade, and a single other action.  You're firing your weapon far more than throwing nades, and with aim and fire being on separate hands, firing can't have any effect on aim, from a physical/mechanical standpoint.  

So, with Halo 5, having aiming and firing/melee be on separate hands, and then moving and jump/thruster on separate hands, it basically splits the analog input (stick usage) and the binary action (trigger/button pressing) between two hands for each action.  In my head, there's more "balance".

Now, none of this is proven, and since I can't play much more than 10 hours a week these days, I have to try and find every other avenue to improve my gameplay, so at the very least it makes me feel better.

I was doing this for a while too and you're right.  When you fire with the opposite trigger from aiming, your accuracy can be better.  I'm someone who tends to look up a little bit when i pull the trigger, which is something i have been trying to fight since literally 2004.  If this isn't an issue, then i dont think there is an advantage.

Unfortunately, crouching is such an important part of gunfights in Halo 5 and having fire and crouch on the same hand is something i can't handle apparently.  If you have  a fix for this, i would gladly switch back.

2.5x

4.5y

1 acc

0% DZ

bump jump

i miss using recon.. but its too late and im too old to learn claw lol

If I didn't live where i live I would buy an Elite , here in Costa Rica an elite cost 300 dollars

I was doing this for a while too and you're right.  When you fire with the opposite trigger from aiming, your accuracy can be better.  I'm someone who tends to look up a little bit when i pull the trigger, which is something i have been trying to fight since literally 2004.  If this isn't an issue, then i dont think there is an advantage.

Unfortunately, crouching is such an important part of gunfights in Halo 5 and having fire and crouch on the same hand is something i can't handle apparently.  If you have  a fix for this, i would gladly switch back.

Definitely feel you on the crouch, and honestly my biggest problem with it initially, and something I still struggle with, is rhythm.  Towards the end of H4, when the only people we were playing were the sweatiest of the sweaties who basically had 90%+ accuracy, nearly perfect 4-shot BRs, I started breaking down everything about my play to try and figure out what it was about them that made them so hard to hit.  Halo 4 for all it's issues was not completely lacking in competitive potential, and it really did have a decent strafe system, both in terms of strafe input potential and the effect it had on hit registration.  I know I'll get shredded for it, and everyone thinks H4 was trash and they'd automatically be a god if they picked it up now, but there are people (Twissted Mindss comes to mind) that exploited H4's mechanics for all it was worth, and after watching tons of replays, I realized that these kids could completely desync their strafe and crouch from the firing pattern.

@@Apoll0, you might know this, but I'll expound on it anyway.  The general population of Halo, especially those who are finally learning to strafe in battles, will almost always just do a "tick-tock" strafe as I started calling them, where they bounce the move stick left and right to the exact same rhythm as their firing pattern, so they either fire at the end of each strafe, or directly in the middle, but regardless they're predictable.  Throwing crouches in there ends up matching the same rhythm.  With all that, you know what the best H4 player's strafes had?  Literally no sense to them at all.  They could make craziest little bounce strafes, with random crouches thrown in, that didn't seem to match their BR fire pattern at all.

This alllll comes back to firing and moving on the same hand.  I can crouch and fire and move all with the left no problem.  What I totally struggled with was not bouncing crouch perfectly along with my firing pattern.  What I've settled on is longer crouches, where I'll stay down for more than a single shot.

Again, all pretty anecdotal, and I'm by no means making my way onto the pro circuit, so take all I'm saying with a grain of salt.  I just really like looking at the game from the standpoint of individual players style, and how each game handles input mechanics, and what that means for player potential.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Apoll0, you might know this, but I'll expound on it anyway.  The general population of Halo, especially those who are finally learning to strafe in battles, will almost always just do a "tick-tock" strafe as I started calling them, where they bounce the move stick left and right to the exact same rhythm as their firing pattern, so they either fire at the end of each strafe, or directly in the middle, but regardless they're predictable.

That's formally called 'lazy strafe.' 

Anyways my controller settings:

x - 2

y - 2.5

a = 2

BJumper

DZ's - 0%

• Upvote (+1) 1

My newest settings, they feel better than ever, especially when dealing with this game's aiming. I've never had to go this low before on any game.

1x

1y

1acc

BJ

Default deadzones

My newest settings, they feel better than ever, especially when dealing with this game's aiming. I've never had to go this low before on any game.

1x

1y

1acc

BJ

Default deadzones

Have you tried .5/.5/1? I heard that's the best.

• Upvote (+1) 2